PDA

View Full Version : Can mute of smoke stop roofers???

Kutter28
02-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Well I think the heading askes the question for me here. I know I know don't stand under the spot that the roofers can job you but didn't know if Smoke or Mute could stop them at all???
Thanks Kutter28

Phyxsius-
02-03-2011, 09:18 AM
1. Smoke has a plain area of effect = so it won`t stop them, unless you climb to them or they come down to you

2. Mute has a sphere = so it stops anything in it`s "bubble" for its duration

I understand that stop is "kill".

DeanOMiite
02-03-2011, 09:28 AM
i know mute has a sphere, but i don't know how high it extends. Like...if i use mute when i'm at the base of the tower on pienza, does it still mute you?

Kutter28
02-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Ya that's kind of what I thought. Your don't really stand a chance then and just hope they didn't pick you to jump on. Thanks guys

Rainie
02-03-2011, 09:53 AM
The duration that Mute lasts for is too short for it to be really effective against roofers. Even if it did reach them on the roof, if they're mashing the assassinate button they'll still get ya when it runs out. Though I've heard it will cancel their lock on you if they get hit by Mute but I haven't tested it out myself

Kutter28
02-03-2011, 10:00 AM
So is there anything special we can do to not get roofed besides the staying away part.

EscoBlades
02-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Kutter28:
So is there anything special we can do to not get roofed besides the staying away part.

Stay away from roof edges, be aware and don't act out of place.

xCr0wnedNorris
02-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Kutter28:

Hiding in a building/church does to a roofer the equivalent of sticking your thumb up an animals ***... Completely vuneralizes them.

SolidSage
02-03-2011, 10:15 AM
If there's only 1 you can plot a course that keeps you away from aerials fairly easily (Pienza excluded), if there's more, setting up shop in a covered building is workable but then you're not working your target.
I wouldn't count on abilities to stop roofers.
I've actually noticed that some of my basic skills have been neglected, I went with 2 offensive abilities last night (gun/poison) and started refining my naked stun, stealth, and escape skills. I'm good with the anti-aerial fundamentals but you can't totally avoid them.