PDA

View Full Version : Cockpits and lack therof

Daiichidoku
11-04-2005, 07:23 PM

jarink
11-04-2005, 09:39 PM
I agree with smoe of it, but I'll have to say no to most of the bomber pits.

J8A pit for the Gladiator mks I and II OK
B-25J pit for B-25s C, G and H OK, but gun stations would be wrong (remote belly turret?)
Me 110 G2 pit for 110 C4 and C4 B OK
G4M1 pit for G4M2E OK
P 40 pit for the various Hawks OK
He-111 for He-111 Zwilling Nope, not enough instruments for engine management.
Il-2 gunner for Il-2 field mod OK

B-25 pit for B-17s, 24s, 29s, Pe-8, MBR, C-47 NO again, lack of proper instruments for 4-engine planes, plus completely wrong gun stations
G4M1 pit for H8K No, engines & gun stations
Hurri pits for Moranes ?
A 20 pits for Pe/Tu/Su 2s, No, Pe2 pits already in progress for the "Russian add-on"
SBD pits for avengers, Maybe, but again the gun station bugaboo.
Val pits for Judys OK
Zero or Tony pits for Georges OK

You forgot Ki-43-I pits for the Ki-43-II!

Anyway, I think this won't go anywhere given the mania for "accurate" cockpits. 1C conveniently ignores the fact that cockpits for any given plane were often not the same when manufactured at different times and at different plants or modified at depots and on the front line. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Daiichidoku
11-05-2005, 06:17 PM
that list was just suggestions

there are more possibilities i didnt mention, as you did, with the oscar pit for other oscar

the hurri pit for morane was just a shot in the dark, lol what else comes closer to a morane pit then that?

bear in mind, some wont have it at all

some wouldnt mind it with pit on

some wouldnt care at all, if flying WW view

oh, to run a gauntlet in your me 323 elefant

AFJ_Locust
11-05-2005, 07:20 PM
B-25J pit for B-25s C, G and H

Daiichidoku
11-05-2005, 07:58 PM
no matter what the others say, you're a brilliant man, locusthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ElAurens
11-05-2005, 09:40 PM
The J8A pit is very different from Gladiator I and II, but I could live with it.

P40B pit for P36/Hawk 75 is ok but not quite right.

I dunno, this could get really ugly. I hate to say it but this is one can of worms best left unopened.

Stackhouse25th
11-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Just do it, the flight models are what some people are more after. Just create another 'setting' where you can have this option checked or unchecked where it unleashes the various planes or DOES NOT release them. ITS ABOUT BALANCE

Daiichidoku
11-07-2005, 07:04 PM
bump thanks to the lugan who wont go out and buy a legal copy of PF http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

ReligiousZealot
11-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Bump...gotta say I agree with most of the ideas.

L33T-Zoolander
11-10-2005, 12:44 AM
All I want is the add-on with the Mosquito FB.

I'll pay for any add-on that has a 2200HP plane made of plywood and balsa wood, where cannon can shoot through it without causing catastophic structural failure. Like shooting through bed sheets, in an attempt to cause structural failure to a matress.
A really fast flying matress armed with a plurality of cannon.
You can keep your heavy metal planes, this is the stuff of dreams!

Good Hunting,
Zoo

Weather_Man
11-10-2005, 07:48 AM
Why not just make them flyable without modeling the pits -- with these a/c having HUD view* only?

Or, is the fine-tuned FM for each a/c a bigger obstacle to flyability than an accurate pit to look at? Lack of references/data come into play for some of these getting done, but not all.

*I don't fly with the pit on, so I can make this suggestion without cringing. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

All things considered, I don't think anything should be fudged, guessed at, or compromised for the sake of having more flyable aircraft. If it can't or won't be done accurately and consistently, then just let it go. We can't always get what we want. The huge selection of flyables we have now, I can live with. I have yet to fly all of them anyhow.

Da_Godfatha
11-10-2005, 01:43 PM
It was once said on this forum that the only thing holding up the cockpit for the Hawk 75/P-36, is that the guy doing it does not know the color of a couple of the knobs in the cockpit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

My thoughts, a quote from the movie, "The Outlaw Josey Wales"..... Don't pi$$ down my back and then tell me it is raining!!!!

Grey_Mouser67
11-10-2005, 08:03 PM
I think WW view would be fine as would modified pits...I also think not all gunstations need to be or even should be modelled...pilot, bombadier and tail gunner...add the others later if at all.

Frankly speaking, the sim is just about at the end of its life for 1C...one more set of add ons and I think the mossie and others will come with a different add on...maybe if/when source code is sold or released to "trusted third party" we could seriously entertain this idea.

I doubt Oleg is going to put any more effort into the sim than he feels like he aught to...there were several bugs that were obvious, affect gameplay and well documented that were ignored by Oleg...I think he just doesn't like bug hunting.