PDA

View Full Version : Speculation: Is Altair Ezio's great-grandfather? *SPOILERS?*

dac990
12-12-2009, 11:42 AM
I've been mulling over this for a while. The construction of the tomb underneath the Villa has never been explained - how did Altair's armour come to be there exactly?

IIRC, Mario mentions that his Grandfather built the tomb so that a worthy Assassin may claim the armour of Altair. But exactly how did the Grandfather manage to get the seals into each of the Assassin Tombs, and use them as keys for a lock?

Here's my take on it.

Altair is Mario's grandfather. Remember how in the last Codex page, Altair considered one last look at the apple on his deathbed, as he was scared of death. He hoped it would grant an extension to his life, or maybe even immortality.

What if it did?

That would explain how his armour remained in workable condition, he continued using it. When maybe he decided to finally settle down, he built the tomb under the villa, and had a family.

Maybe, as the Assassins groomed Ezio to be one of them, Altair groomed Giovanni Auditore in the same way, in attempt to carry on the legacy.

I haven't played AC2 Discovery, and can't find any details on its plot, but according to a user, Assassin_M,

Iv seen and read somewhere that At the End of AC II Discovery Ezio seals the Apple of eden underneath the statue of altair in the villa and that he gains the power of immortality from the the staff and that he even meets altair Anyone here who can prove this ?

If this is true, then maybe Altair was around, watching and waiting for the moment to meet Ezio.

I think this may be a load of crap or not, but it's just my bit of theorycrafting i'd like to add. Again, it relies on if i remembered it properly or not :P

HewieAlbino
12-12-2009, 12:11 PM
The Auditore villa was built by Mario's great-grandfather, hence Ezio's great-GREAT-grandfather. His name was Domenico Auditore, the first of the Auditores. Here's a link to the AC wiki. (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Domenico_Auditore)

The villa itself was constructed in 1290, almost 100 years after the first game. That's means Altair could be Domenic's great-grandfather, which makes him Ezio's great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather (or something like that).

As for the armor, it is speculated that Altair crafted it out of the Golden Fleece, with knowledge from the Apple of Eden, hence it's durability. Here's the excerpt from the Codex:

"Page 19

Legends speaks of a golden fleece. Could the two be related?...
...I have further refined the metallurgic process, allowing for the production of a suit of armor the likes of which the world has never seen...
...It is possessed of great strength, yet so light as to allow complete freedom...
...I alternate between wonder and fear. Here we have crafted something that will surely change the face of warfare, making those who wear it nigh invincible...
Perhaps it was a mistake to create these pieces. I think it best to erase the formulae. What if it were to fall in the hands of our enemies? The risk is too great..."

How it got in the Auditore Villa? Maybe it's a heirloom, passed down through generations until it reaches Domenic, who then decides to seal it behind bars. But I have no clear idea how he got hold of the Assassin Seals.

My theory is the 6 statues had them originally, but Domenic or his son found each of their respective tombs, and returned the seals, hoping that one day, a worthy assassin will retrace their steps, and unlock the legendary armor.

dac990
12-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks for clearing up some stuff, i want to find out what happens in Discovery!

If only it was finally put on the app store...

assassinato_862
12-12-2009, 12:23 PM
What is AC2 Discovery?

Stonelaw
12-12-2009, 02:25 PM
There's also the fact that we saw Altair's lineage get passed down in the memory Desmond witnessed in the warehouse. That wasn't long after the first game. Certainly not 100+ years later.

pshea29
12-12-2009, 05:46 PM
and in the auditore crypt it says how domenic built the house not altair

itsamea-mario
12-13-2009, 06:11 AM
well ezio did come some 400-500 years after altair.