PDA

View Full Version : Question about pacific fighters

mr_john_doe
11-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Is Pacific Fighters an add-on to IL2, or is it a standalone ptoduct, evolved from IL2?
Which new features and airplanes does this product offer?

polak5
11-13-2005, 07:08 PM
its another game evolved u could say from IL2. but it can be combined with Il2 forgotten battles, this is what most people do. U can fly planes from the pacific theater.

mr_john_doe
11-13-2005, 07:40 PM
In the movies and screenshots of Pacific Fighters, I can see that when you shoot, all the bullets have a kind off grey smoke-trace. I think this looks unrealistic, is it any way to turn it off, or is it really like that in real life?

berg417448
11-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by mr_john_doe:
In the movies and screenshots of Pacific Fighters, I can see that when you shoot, all the bullets have a kind off grey smoke-trace. I think this looks unrealistic, is it any way to turn it off, or is it really like that in real life?

i've seen quite a few real gun camera films that showed smoke trails from the bullets.

Click on the "streaming quicktime sample" on the link below and you will clearly see both tracers and smoke trails in some of the gun camera videos.

http://www.planestuff.com/lufguncamfoo.html

Zeus-cat
11-13-2005, 08:01 PM
The game uses different colored tracers for various countries. It can't be turned off. I believe that tracers were commonly used by all air forces of the era.

Even with tracers, it is VERY hard to hit something in this game.

Zeus-cat

hkg36sd
11-22-2005, 03:29 PM
There is a famous gun camera footage from what I think might be the Battle of Britain where a fighter is firing on a formation of He-111s from the rear oblique. It distinctly shows some of the 'smokey trail' tracers that are very well replicated in the game. I have seen footage that shows tracer rounds (ignited) at greater intervals between regular shells. This would be a good feature but you would loose all the drama in capturing a nice still of your kill!!