PDA

View Full Version : 6 exstra weapons

blemin
10-25-2009, 01:42 PM
i've read that if you connect your psp (with AC bloodlines) to your ps3 you will get 6 exstra weapons.
how will the xboxbox and pc players then get the 6 weapons and will they get dla?

SBRedFlag
10-25-2009, 01:51 PM
They won't. The weapons are PS3 exclusive. <STRIKE>EAT THAT 360 FANBOYS! </STRIKE> Er... sorry.

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 01:56 PM
This is a console war waiting to happen.

SBRedFlag
10-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif Let's get something straight here: arguing about which console is better is ultimately useless, since you're not gonna convince anyone from the other side that your console is better. There, I just tried to prevent a thread derail. But, if you have both systems as well as a PSP, obviously, you should get the PS3 version of the game.

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by sbredflag:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif Let's get something straight here: arguing about which console is better is ultimately useless, since you're not gonna convince anyone from the other side that your console is better. There, I just tried to prevent a thread derail. But, if you have both systems as well as a PSP, obviously, you should get the PS3 version of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You should tell that to this bloke.
They won't. The weapons are PS3 exclusive. <STRIKE>EAT THAT 360 FANBOYS! </STRIKE> Er... sorry.

SBRedFlag
10-25-2009, 02:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sbredflag:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif Let's get something straight here: arguing about which console is better is ultimately useless, since you're not gonna convince anyone from the other side that your console is better. There, I just tried to prevent a thread derail. But, if you have both systems as well as a PSP, obviously, you should get the PS3 version of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You should tell that to this bloke.
They won't. The weapons are PS3 exclusive. <STRIKE>EAT THAT 360 FANBOYS! </STRIKE> Er... sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kyle, you're american. You don't say bloke. Or at least I don't.

Anyway, I was only joking. Hence the strikethrough.

Gypsy816
10-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Should avoid a console war 'cause it'll make Black Widow angry. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Really? We say it in Michigan.

SBRedFlag
10-25-2009, 02:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sbredflag:
Really? We say it in Michigan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the only person in Ohio who says it is this British kid.

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">This is all part of my plan to distract people from console warring.</span>

SlimeDynamiteD
10-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Lol just 1 off-topic message which was pretty funny ... some Clanmember of mine (Let's call him Mister Weirdo) lives in the USA and he was talking to another Clanmember of mine and said: Where do you live?
Than the other guy said: Michigan
Mister Weirdo answers: Uhh... In what Country is Michigan in?
The whole clan couldn't stop laughing about it xD

and to get back to the topic ...
I agree with sbredflag http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Well, the only person in Ohio who says it is this British kid. Michigan isn't like Ohio just because we're adjacent states. That's like saying America is just as bad as Canada. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">This is all part of my plan to distract people from console warring.</span> If that's the case then you've defeated the purpose by announcing it, and by trying to start one in the first place.

PlagueDoctor357
10-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Patrice said he wants everyone to experience his entire game eventually so im sure the other platforms will get em.

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 02:34 PM
We will, once everyone buys a PS3. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

MrNussbaum
10-25-2009, 02:49 PM
But, if you have both systems as well as a PSP, obviously, you should get the PS3 version of the game.

I have both systems and I have access to a PSP, but I'm getting it for the 360 for a couple of reasons.

1. I prefer the 360 controller by a long, long, ways.
2. For some reason or another (not sure if it's just my set-up), but for multi-platform games, the 360 version of the game always looks a lot smoother, and it's not even close.

Six different weapons isn't enough to sway my decision on this. The exclusive Joker content for Batman: AA wasn't enough to sway my decision either. However, I will do the same thing I did with Arkham, I'll Gamefly the PS3 version to check out the extra content.

PS3 exclusives such as MGS 4 and the wonderful, awesome, outstanding Uncharted 2 (seriously, there aren't enough superlatives for that game/interactive movie) look great though.

Coolgerb
10-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
But, if you have both systems as well as a PSP, obviously, you should get the PS3 version of the game.

I have both systems and I have access to a PSP, but I'm getting it for the 360 for a couple of reasons.

1. I prefer the 360 controller by a long, long, ways.
2. For some reason or another (not sure if it's just my set-up), but for multi-platform games, the 360 version of the game always looks a lot smoother, and it's not even close.

Six different weapons isn't enough to sway my decision on this. The exclusive Joker content for Batman: AA wasn't enough to sway my decision either. However, I will do the same thing I did with Arkham, I'll Gamefly the PS3 version to check out the extra content.

PS3 exclusives such as MGS 4 and the wonderful, awesome, outstanding Uncharted 2 (seriously, there aren't enough superlatives for that game/interactive movie) look great though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holy **** you just wrote the exact post I was about to write. GET OUT OF MY HEAD.

caswallawn_2k7
10-25-2009, 03:36 PM
the 360 version of the game always looks a lot smoother
if you find that with AC2 it's defiantly your setup as the PS3 is running AC2 at 1080p were the 360 (like with most games) is running at under 720p and upscaling.

Coolgerb
10-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the 360 version of the game always looks a lot smoother
if you find that with AC2 it's defiantly your setup as the PS3 is running AC2 at 1080p were the 360 (like with most games) is running at under 720p and upscaling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, no. Please don't come on these boards with your stupid fanboyism.

caswallawn_2k7
10-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Coolgerb:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the 360 version of the game always looks a lot smoother
if you find that with AC2 it's defiantly your setup as the PS3 is running AC2 at 1080p were the 360 (like with most games) is running at under 720p and upscaling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, no. Please don't come on these boards with your stupid fanboyism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
it's not fanboyism it's standard facts (for example Halo 3 and Fable 2 both only ran around 560p) and the numbers for AC2 have been confirmed as the PS3 at 1080p and the 360 was again around the 560p mark.

people like you claiming released facts are some form of fanboyism is what causes console war's as you fail to accept solid fact's released by the firms who made the games.

Coolgerb
10-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
it's not fanboyism it's standard facts (for example Halo 3 and Fable 2 both only ran around 560p) and the numbers for AC2 have been confirmed as the PS3 at 1080p and the 360 was again around the 560p mark.

people like you claiming released facts are some form of fanboyism is what causes console war's as you fail to accept solid fact's released by the firms who made the games.

Well then, prove these 'confirmed facts'. If it was true, I would've known already.
Also, 'people like me' cause console wars? You mean people who do not make up false facts, and have both consoles?

caswallawn_2k7
10-25-2009, 04:22 PM
proof it's 1080p for for PS3. (http://au.playstation.com/games-media/games/detail/item157692/Assassins-Creed-2/) (sony will always list the true res not the upscale res)

I'll find the 360 stuff MS isn't as upfront as it's their graphics rules that force the majority of developers to use upscaling over true HD. (they force certain shader options to be maxed forcing firms to cut graphics else were normally by lowering the screen res)

Coolgerb
10-25-2009, 04:29 PM
I've seen that a lot, 720p games being called 1080p, due to upscaling.
While AC2 looks great, it won't be 1080p.
And even if it is, it will also be on the Xbox360.
The consoles are just as strong, with the 360 being better at anti-aliasing and the ps3 better at texture processing, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: If there is one thing I refuse to believe, it's sites from the consoles themselves.

caswallawn_2k7
10-25-2009, 04:34 PM
actually all sony games show their true res, it's why you will find plenty of games saying they are only 720p unlike on the 360 were every game lists all res's as they upscale on every game.

also it's the forced anti aliasing by microsoft publishing rules that is partially the causes for the 360 to need upscaling.

bladencrowd
10-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by blemin:
i've read that if you connect your psp (with AC bloodlines) to your ps3 you will get 6 exstra weapons.
how will the xboxbox and pc players then get the 6 weapons and will they get dla?

Anyways,

The Xbox 360 players and PC players will most likely get the 6 extra weapons in DLC.

SBRedFlag
10-25-2009, 08:08 PM
coolgerb, I think you're being irrational. Just saying that there's 1080 oranges in an orange basket and 560 oranges in a red basket doesn't mean the person saying these facts is being a fanboy for the orange basket. Or at least, by my terms he's not.

Secondly, I would agree with cas anyway, just because he generally knows what he's talking about.

Also, most cross-platform games are for some reason developed on 360 and then ported to PS3, or somehow optimized for 360. This is why cross-platform games tend to be smoother for 360. However, if you've noticed, with AC2, they've given all of the demos on a PS3, which suggests they may have actually put equal time into both systems, or even optimized the game for the ps3.

MrNussbaum
10-25-2009, 09:11 PM

However, if you've noticed, with AC2, they've given all of the demos on a PS3, which suggests they may have actually put equal time into both systems, or even optimized the game for the ps3.

Actually that's not true. TGS's demo was on the 360 ( TGS demo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT-4Eo4izQE&feature=channel)) and so was the one before that, I don't remember the name of the convention. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-NzkHRSwaQ)

The only one I know for sure that was done on PS3 was E3.

Coolgerb
10-25-2009, 10:35 PM
coolgerb, I think you're being irrational. Just saying that there's 1080 oranges in an orange basket and 560 oranges in a red basket doesn't mean the person saying these facts is being a fanboy for the orange basket. Or at least, by my terms he's not.

That's because that someone hasn't paid money for either basket, and thus isn't a fan of either.

Secondly, I would agree with cas anyway, just because he generally knows what he's talking about.

You're criticizing my points, because you just know him better? And you're calling me irrational?
That's like choosing George W. Bush over Barack Obama, just because you've known him longer.

However, if you've noticed, with AC2, they've given all of the demos on a PS3, which suggests they may have actually put equal time into both systems, or even optimized the game for the ps3.

See Nussbaum's point. Also, the main reason they did shows on the PS3 was to show it's an improvement technically over the PS3 version of AC1, which had all kinds of problems. And it would be pretty stupid from a marketing point of view to show the game on mainly one machine, so they showed it on both consoles about equally.

For all the Xbox haters, again: If the PS3 can handle a game in 1080p, then so can the 360.

PlagueDoctor357
10-25-2009, 10:45 PM
360 only always upscales though doesn't it?

Anyway, to the person saying multiplat games always look better on 360 that's just a case of devs being lazy or not knowing what they are doing.

COD4 had more players online and smoother graphics on the ps3 as did burnout paradise and a few others and then you have games like the darkness that looked like trash on ps3 because they just don't know what they're doing.

Ubi has it down now obviously because no one is complaining about the ps3 frame rate in it's videos or anything, yet anyway.

Cpt_Yanni
10-26-2009, 12:19 AM
They said in couple of interviews that they worked the framedrops (from AC1) on the PS3 away. That's the only fact (next to that one of the resolutions) that they posted about the versions. So probably the two versions are equal.

OT: Difference between 360 and PS3 version is like all the others said, the weapons that you get from your psp system (when you have one or a mate has one) ...

Coldfire75
10-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Guys stop getting uptight about resolution, Some X-Box games are below 720p, (HALO 3 [640]), so are some PS3 games. It would be nice if both were 1080p, but unlikely, most likely they will both be 720p. Hell, the only thing you can be sure of is PC will have 1600p. The console res will be something they will most likely decide later on, based on how demanding the game is.

I think that giving everyone the extra weapon in one way or another can only be good, (Unless you are a PS3 Fanboy [Fanboy not user, users shouldn't care]). DLC would be nice, but they could delay it just to make sure the PSP thing still has some power.

Tetsou88
10-26-2009, 04:55 PM
I highly doubt the weapons will come to the 360 version of AC2. I believe when they said that no one would be left out, they were only talking about the hidden locations.

Part of the PSP thing is you unlock things on both sides as you progress through either game.

FROGGEman2
10-27-2009, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by bladencrowd:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blemin:

Anyways,

The Xbox 360 players and PC players will most likely get the 6 extra weapons in DLC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, they can't just spoon out EVERYTHING as DLC.

So, Xana, you know that exclusive PC content you wanted?

I WANT IT TOO 'COS I'M IRRATIONAL BLARGH - is this.

Pitalla
11-26-2009, 12:36 PM
So.. wich are the 6 exclusive weapons?

I wish they could make them dlc for 360 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

And for console warriors, I ve got 360,ps3 and psp so dont come nag at me.

Malocchio21
11-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Pitalla:

I wish they could make them dlc for 360 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Yea, can someone tell us what the weapons are??

An_Idea
11-26-2009, 12:56 PM
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox...-2009012817011326046 (http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/assassins-creed-ii/review/assassins-creed-ii/a-2009111710286778008/g-2009012817011326046)

its in there near the end, (the weapons that is)

uhhh i like the 360 controller better XD

Ellboy777
11-27-2009, 05:17 AM
I play both consoles, but I find the 360 controller too big for my hands...
They are both still good anyway though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Neonxtreme
11-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Just as a quick note here, I have the stratergy guide, and the stats on the PS3 exclusive weapons aint that good i'm afraid, I have the black edition for the PS3 by the way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Pitalla
11-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Malocchio21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pitalla:

Yea, can someone tell us what the weapons are?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Maria Thorpse Longsword. They should improve it to be like the best longsword in the game.
If it ever comes to a dlc that is.

jackoLFC
11-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Ive gotta say i have had both machines (traded in xbox) and it was the best thing i have done, i play assasins creed on full hdmi cables with a sony television. Which the are sum nice graphics, (though compared to uncharted 2 not in the same leaque) you can really tell how good the ps3 is with exclusives like killzone, mgs4, uncharted and the games coming soon gran turismo, and god of war.

But with all that said the xbox give me 3 great years, the online is brilliant , the amount of games out numbers the ps3 by about 10\1, and it also has great games, for what it lacks in graphics it makes up for in all the other areas.

So both consoles are great in thier own way but i feel the xbox will be outdated, it has been 5 years (i think) since it came out, but i feel it is now ready to take a dump in the bog, RIP xbox, the best console of the 20th century (after the ps3)

Bixel4o
11-27-2009, 11:30 AM
xbox is hackable and ps3 is too expensive to be one