PDA

View Full Version : Time frame for Battle of Britain.

darkhorizon11
04-19-2005, 02:59 PM
I was thinking starting at the beginning of the war September 1, 1939 since there is a Polish team working on some aircraft and vehicles.

Then extend it maybe to Spring/early Summer of 1941?

crazyivan1970
04-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Why not, i`d like to see WW2 representation from day one.

VW-IceFire
04-19-2005, 04:33 PM
I'm very much hoping that we can sometime do a proper historical scenario around the Dieppe raid. Its a moment of Canadian history and a significant battle between the Luftwaffe and RAF that is worth mention.

JG53Frankyboy
04-19-2005, 04:51 PM
the official BoB release version will most propably have the timeframe July-October 1940.

the italians flew their first combat missons end of october-and thy are part of the BoB game

with roughly the same map it would be "easy" to make 1941 ,1942, 1943 adons - "only" to add planes

these 3.party Poland and Battleof France adons would be very welcome ! but, they would need new maps. and mapmacking will for sure not be easier in BoB than in PF http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
so if they will ever come,´who knows . also 3.Party modeling will be much more work in BoB than in PF . and imagine how many, from the 3.party dev, announced projects never saw daylight in the IL2 series history !

and as oleg already said he would like make a MTO AdOn - well, lot of the channel stuff could be transfered with light modifications (dust filters, FM )to it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Lucius_Esox
04-20-2005, 12:15 AM
Gonna be really interested to see how much of a France map we get. Will be crucial both before and after the battle.

ImpStarDuece
04-20-2005, 12:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
I'm very much hoping that we can sometime do a proper historical scenario around the Dieppe raid. Its a moment of Canadian history and a significant battle between the Luftwaffe and RAF that is worth mention. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dieppe is really interesting, particularly the fact that Typhoons were allocated a role in the operations. Something like 48 RAF fighter squadrons ran operations that day.

Still, it was something of a brutal episode for the Canadians on the beaches and the RAF in the air. IIRC the RAF lost almost 120 planes while German losses totalled up to something below 50. Most of those RAF and RCAF pilots would of become PoWs as well.

WOLFMondo
04-20-2005, 01:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lucius_Esox:
Gonna be really interested to see how much of a France map we get. Will be crucial both before and after the battle. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THe maps will be interesting because they will need to stretch from Paris to as far north as Coventry. I wonder also if there will be a North sea map with the east coast of the UK and countries like Norway!?

HunterZer0
04-20-2005, 02:19 AM
I'd like to see some Spanish Civil War era and even Blitzkreig battles depicted, so we can try out the earliest 109 types in service.

I expect we'll see at least the 109D for fighting the Hurricane I.

- James

pacettid
04-20-2005, 04:05 AM
I want it all! It's all good man! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JG53Frankyboy
04-20-2005, 07:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HunterZer0:
I'd like to see some Spanish Civil War era and even Blitzkreig battles depicted, so we can try out the earliest 109 types in service.

I expect we'll see at least the 109D for fighting the Hurricane I.

- James <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no Bf109D in active combat service at the BoB timeframe anymore.
BoB will most propably a Bf109E-1 , -3 , -4 game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

John_Stag
04-20-2005, 07:51 AM
109Ds did take part in the battle of France. Me, I'd like to see them, plus representations (including flight models) of Hurricanes with Watts propellors, on both fabric and aluminium covered wings. they were pretty much phased out by the time of the Battle proper as well.

Still, I can dream...

LEXX_Luthor
04-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Hunter:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'd like to see some Spanish Civil War era and even Blitzkreig battles depicted, so we can try out the earliest 109 types in service. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Also China and Mongolia. A good VVS campaign would start in Spain with I~15 and early I~16 against He~51 and Doras, and if you survive, you volunteer for China against A5M and Ki~27 (Saburo's first victory was I~16). Then move on to Finland or Poland, then the familiar Eastern Front we all know by now.

A French pilot campaign can start in Spain, move to France 1940, and then you can choose to fly in the West or East. Polish pilot can start in Poland, move to Britain and then The Meds (many Polish pilots flew over The Meds) and then the western front.

Merged BoB theaters lets you create Whole War campaign 1936-1946. <span class="ev_code_yellow">All</span> nations had pilots/aircrew flying in Spain or China.

Board:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Bf~109D <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Finally, a real Dora, for real flight simmers. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

hop2002
04-20-2005, 08:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>no Bf109D in active combat service at the BoB timeframe anymore. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe 2 were lost on operations early on in the BoB, in July. Certainly there were very few about, though.