PDA

View Full Version : Black and special edition Don't forget us PC people

shojingod
11-16-2009, 01:34 AM
I hate when developer come out with these special editions which you think is to promote sales(people buying and not renting) that they overlook the community that they always complain about not buying their game(pirate, etc.) the millions of PC users. You know the ones that have the money to make and build those insane rigs and spend those hundreds of dollars on extreme high end video cards. You know the guy and girls that put their money in all does processor and graphic card companies that payed for the RND that made the low cost console possible. You know does GUYS. I don't know I figure there is lot of power builders out there that make kick *** pc's in the thousands of dollars that they would be really really be open to the possibility of buying high quality games with extra's(insane multiplayer ability). What's 100 bucks or 150 bucks on good special edition game of high quality when they spend 600$ on a graphic card. NOT MUCH?

You want to limit piracy in PC give us incentive to buy. Power PC gamers are anal about extra's. Give us Stickers, figurines, books, PC modding stuff based on the game common use your imagination.

If Infinity Ward would have offered a special edition for MW2 for PC but more focus for PC like stickers, posters, hat or beany and left dedicaded servers with the second option of IWNET(connect to XBOX360 and PS3 user), modding and map making tools in the special editions that those millions of power gamer pc rig builders out there would not have bought it. DAMN right they would have bought it. Nothing people like more then being part of a group or brand. Look at your people in the mall and you can name out the brand names.

I swear the God the gaming industry especially in the area's of marketing and sales need to get re-educated. Console you make the money on volume. PC you make the money on specialize releases and extra's. You can give console special too but focus the specials more on the PC market.

PC gaming would be so much bigger if the companies new how to sell a brand like skateboard companies do. Assasin's cred hat, sweeter with hood, t-shirts, stickers, action figures, modding items for pc, xbox360, ps3, etc. PC gamers stick to a game like crack. If you don't believe leave me look at counter strike game.

shojingod
11-16-2009, 02:18 AM
You know what would be really freaking cool would be a large sweet shirt with hood in which you have the Assasin's Creed cover in the back with the words on the bottom: "Live by the Creed, Die by the Creed" and small ubisoft logo with Assasin's Creed on the front. Common Ubisoft chop chop.

KakashiAssassin
11-16-2009, 02:26 AM
you do realise that the PC games are dying out, right? (Im a PC gamer myself)

and its all due to piracy, you say you want special editions, but to do that game companys would need to be almost garrenteed the sales worth producing.

that and consoles are becoming just as powerful in not more than the average gamers PC.

I hate to burst your bubble, but the way things are heading PC gaming will probably be dead all together part from the flash games and stuff on facebook

POPersiaT2T
11-16-2009, 02:35 AM
all i can say is that ubi care LESS about PC gamers. Btw, i dont think PC games are dying out, there are still many good games release on PC.

shojingod
11-16-2009, 05:05 AM
If PC gaming industry dies then PC RND(research and development) dies with it. No PC gaming then their is no need for the PC power race(faster CPU's and better GPU's). Hence no new next gen tech for future consoles. The Consoles we have now are the by-product of years of PC gaming RND. Go to newegg and ask them how many mid-high to high end gaming video card they sell in the year and you do that internationally with all big computer parts vendors your looking at a market of maybe 1 to 2 million PC power builders and on average the system of these people are maybe 1100 dollars to 3000 dollars. Then you look at mid-range systems which would be in the 3 to 4 million which most are pre-packaged bought like HP, Dell, Acer, etc with the addition or giving a mid range gaming card between 100 buck to 200 which will run pretty much everything other the a very small few games at HD. Their will always be piracy in pc's and console that just the way it is but if you put value into a game and make it a really good game then the sales are as much guaranteed in pc as in console. Keep in mind they sold 6.5 million copies of Half Life 2 and that does not include steam sales. IW could have easily made that many sales with MW2 if they gave value to the package with dedicated servers and modding tools for PC. Then add specials editions and your telling me those Power pc gamers would not buy one of the biggest FPS since HL2. Of course they would have. What the f0cK you think they are buying 350$ to 600$ gaming video cards for Autocad. Console games are also big now because of the advertising power of Sony and Microsoft selling the game to sell the system yet PC is not one or two company it's 100's therefore marketing of the game lies on the developer and not the console maker. PC gaming is tied by the hip to multiplayer capable games more then anything. It really does not matter the type of game. We saw that with the sales of SF4 PC which in many venues sold out and is a big down-loader from steam.

KakashiAssassin let me burst you bubble back, just because a console is 1080p does not mean the games playing off of it are at constant 1920X1080 res. only PC's do constant resolution. That's why PC GPU's have GDDR cache amounts from 512MB to 1GB. Consoles that includes the PS3 and the XBOX360 do games in HD. That saying that there games on average will do 720p to 1080p. The reason I say on average and put it in bold is because some developer in certain high speed and high action instances to keep the gameplay smooth had to drop the resolution below the 720p level. Why do you thing the game Crysis never made console if the consoles were so powerful. Therefore Crysis went into the development of a new engine that would work for non-static resolution consoles. Their first engine was PC based and only ran on a static fixed resolutions. That why I find it funny when someone says to me that the graphics of KillZone 2 or any game on the consoles can match the graphics of a game like Crysis running at a true 1920X1080 set at High or Ultra-High. Yeah SURE. I know a friend of mine a PS3 user for many years showed high Crysis on HIGH running 1650X1050 with 2X anti, he nearly shat his pants. It took him two minutes to figure out it was gaming graphics and not pre-rendered video or a guy with camcorder walking down a section of jungle.

POPersiaT2T
11-16-2009, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by shojingod:
If PC gaming industry dies then PC RND(research and development) dies with it. No PC gaming then their is no need for the PC power race(faster CPU's and better GPU's). Hence no new next gen tech for future consoles. The Consoles we have now are the by-product of years of PC gaming RND. Go to newegg and ask them how many mid-high to high end gaming video card they sell in the year and you do that internationally with all big computer parts vendors your looking at a market of maybe 1 to 2 million PC power builders and on average the system of these people are maybe 1100 dollars to 3000 dollars. Then you look at mid-range systems which would be in the 3 to 4 million which most are pre-packaged bought like HP, Dell, Acer, etc with the addition or giving a mid range gaming card between 100 buck to 200 which will run pretty much everything other the a very small few games at HD. Their will always be piracy in pc's and console that just the way it is but if you put value into a game and make it a really good game then the sales are as much guaranteed in pc as in console. Keep in mind they sold 6.5 million copies of Half Life 2 and that does not include steam sales. IW could have easily made that many sales with MW2 if they gave value to the package with dedicated servers and modding tools for PC. Then add specials editions and your telling me those Power pc gamers would not buy one of the biggest FPS since HL2. Of course they would have. What the f0cK you think they are buying 350$ to 600$ gaming video cards for Autocad. Console games are also big now because of the advertising power of Sony and Microsoft selling the game to sell the system yet PC is not one or two company it's 100's therefore marketing of the game lies on the developer and not the console maker. PC gaming is tied by the hip to multiplayer capable games more then anything. It really does not matter the type of game. We saw that with the sales of SF4 PC which in many venues sold out and is a big down-loader from steam.

KakashiAssassin let me burst you bubble back, just because a console is 1080p does not mean the games playing off of it are at constant 1920X1080 res. only PC's do constant resolution. That's why PC GPU's have GDDR cache amounts from 512MB to 1GB. Consoles that includes the PS3 and the XBOX360 do games in HD. That saying that there games on average will do 720p to 1080p. The reason I say on average and put it in bold is because some developer in certain high speed and high action instances to keep the gameplay smooth had to drop the resolution below the 720p level. Why do you thing the game Crysis never made console if the consoles were so powerful. Therefore Crysis went into the development of a new engine that would work for non-static resolution consoles. Their first engine was PC based and only ran on a static fixed resolutions. That why I find it funny when someone says to me that the graphics of KillZone 2 or any game on the consoles can match the graphics of a game like Crysis running at a true 1920X1080 set at High or Ultra-High. Yeah SURE. I know a friend of mine a PS3 user for many years showed high Crysis on HIGH running 1650X1050 with 2X anti, he nearly shat his pants. It took him two minutes to figure out it was gaming graphics and not pre-rendered video or a guy with camcorder walking down a section of jungle.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif