PDA

View Full Version : i need combat tactics?

VIGOR1994
05-10-2009, 08:07 AM
i have only been playing this game for 3 years.

can somone give me a few combat tactics for the

ta-152?

VIGOR1994
05-10-2009, 08:07 AM
i have only been playing this game for 3 years.

can somone give me a few combat tactics for the

ta-152?

TinyTim
05-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Get high. Very high. Spot enemy. Dive, shoot, climb. Rinse and repeat. DON'T turn.

Actually, hop online, get on TeamSpeak and don't hesitate to ASK. It's by no doubt the fastest way to learn.

jayhall0315
05-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Tiny Tim is correct. The Ta-152 is easily used at 10000m and you find its best performance above 7000m. It also has a 30mm cannon but with relatively few shots (just like many IL2 jets), so be very sparing with the trigger finger. Although the Ta-152 is not built for turning, it does have an excellent roll rate (like its FW 190 siblings) and therefore proper roll with rudder can induce rapid direction change that your enemy cannot follow.

VIGOR1994
05-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Im talking about the Ta-152C.

Buzzsaw-
05-10-2009, 05:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VIGOR1994:
Im talking about the Ta-152C. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same tactics apply.

You should try to keep a minimum hard 'floor' of 3000 meters. (on some servers you need to take this up to 4000 meters) You can drop below that at times, but you should regain the alt immmediately.

The reason you need this, is to allow you the altitude to accelerate to your max. speed in a dive, speeds which will allow you to either outtrun or outmaneuver aircraft such as the various Spit IX's, which can kill you if they catch you low and slow.

If you have no alt cushion, your engine acceleration will not suffice to get you out of trouble.

Second, you don't want to turn more than 90 degrees with a better turning aircraft such as a Spitfire or La-7. You will bleed off too much speed, comparative to them, and will become vulnerable.

Third, when engaged, keep your speed to 450 kph or higher. At those speeds, you have comparable maneuverability to a Spitfire or La-7.

Fourth, learn to make your direction changes via vertical maneuvers, instead of horizontal ones. Use your roll advantages at higher speeds to gain positional advantages. Avoid horizontal turn maneuvers in most situations.

VW-IceFire
05-10-2009, 06:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VIGOR1994:
Im talking about the Ta-152C. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
To fly the Ta-152C you have to use standard Focke Wulf hit and run techniques to the fullest. The 152C has heavy wingloading and thus its turn is not superb. The engine is powerful and the aircraft is very well streamlined so its extremely fast in a straight line but any turning or serious manuevering will cause you to bleed speed quickly.

Stay fast, hit your target from above and behind (with the advantage of surprise if possible), and then zoom and climb away after the attack run.

Do not engage in tail chasing or turn fighting. You get 2-3 seconds on target at the most before you fly past.

stalkervision
05-10-2009, 06:25 PM
land your plane behind a hill and observe the fight. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif