PDA

View Full Version : How many of you do this?

EscoBlades
01-24-2011, 05:21 AM
Use the 5 Silent Kill streak bonus (+750) and the x2 loss streak score bonus WITH Poison?

Get 4 silent kills in a match. Then engineer 5 contract losses. On the 5th one, switch to your poison class, and get a 5th silent kill with poison, thus racking up the points for that, the +750 bonus and the x2 score.

I very rarely see people in Wanted doing this, but then i ran into a guy on XBL last night who seemed to have perfected the art.

Naeddyr
01-24-2011, 05:29 AM
Let's see,

100 kill, 300 for incognito, if you could get focus that's a 150, 300 for slow poison, 750 streak, you could get 3200 points. Plus a hundred or more points for stuff like savior or poucher if you get super lucky.

In exchange, you have to stay alive all that time. You would also need a lot of patience.

I play with 3 silent kill bonus because I can't stay alive long enough, and I try to get x2 poison if I can, but combining those two is a bit too much for me.

EscoBlades
01-24-2011, 05:32 AM
The 750 streak would be "fairly" easy as its not 5 silent kills in a row, but rather, 5 silent kills in a match. So you could get 10 kills, as long as 5 were silent or Incognito, you'd still get the streak.

Engineering 5 contract losses wouldn't be that hard, as you could just kill 5 civilians, or get stunned on purpose a few times, or even die. Voila, x2 score.

obliviondoll
01-24-2011, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
The 750 streak would be "fairly" easy as its not 5 silent kills in a row, but rather, 5 silent kills in a match. So you could get 10 kills, as long as 5 were silent or Incognito, you'd still get the streak.

Engineering 5 contract losses wouldn't be that hard, as you could just kill 5 civilians, or get stunned on purpose a few times, or even die. Voila, x2 score.
Killing NPCs, except when giving away lures, doesn't count towards loss streaks. Someone else killing your target, or you deliberately losing contract in a way that gives the target points (lure/escape/stun), are the only way to build up a loss streak.

Also, kill streaks are reset when you die, so it needs 5 silent/incognito kills without dying. You're right about them not needing to be consecutive kills though.

Rainie
01-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Really? I always thought it was 5 in a row so I never used it lol, but if it's 5 in a match I may have to change some of my profiles....

Hydr4noid
01-24-2011, 07:37 AM
you definatly have to make them without dying (so you canīt switch your class at least not in wanted). Everyone who uses the 3 silent kill streak can tell you that. nearly all of my kills are silent and i donīt get 2-3 streaks every match. everytime you die it resets the counter.

EscoBlades
01-24-2011, 07:44 AM
I use the 5 silent kill streak a lot in Manhunt....and its 5 silent kills at any point in the match (or round)

I've regularly gotten 4 silent kills, then a discreet, only to get another kill (6 in total) and received the bonus on that 5th silent kill.

As far as i have tested it, they do not have to be in a row (consecutively)

StarScream391
01-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Yes I do this but I only done it once and manage to get 3600 hundred for it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif its very very very hard and tricky.

obliviondoll
01-24-2011, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Hydr4noid:
you definatly have to make them without dying (so you canīt switch your class at least not in wanted). Everyone who uses the 3 silent kill streak can tell you that. nearly all of my kills are silent and i donīt get 2-3 streaks every match. everytime you die it resets the counter.
Haven't tested it myself, but I've been told desyncing in Manhunt resets the killstreak counter as well.

SniffyPenguin
01-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Let me clear up some confusion:

Streak bonuses are for consecutive kills without dying. In Manhunt, you cannot die in the assassination round, you can only be stunned. Being stunned does not affect your streak in Manhunt or in Wanted.

Since assassins can be killed as well as stunned in Wanted, you have to avoid being killed in order to maintain a streak.

EDIT: I'm not sure whether switching class after stun affects streak.

DeanOMiite
01-24-2011, 08:36 AM

I don't think this is accurate. While it's true that you don't need 5 kills in a row to be silent, you do need them to come in one life. You can't get 4 silent kills, then die, then get 750 pts for your next silent kill. I am 99% certain of this.

It's easy to get that bonus in manhunt because you never die if you are on offense, the only way you can lose progress towards the streak is if you choose to desync. It's much tougher in Wanted because you can die at any moment.

EscoBlades
01-24-2011, 08:38 AM
D'oh...silly me.

Of course you don't die in Manhunt on the offensive round.

Thanks for the explanation everyone.

ABXantos
01-24-2011, 09:38 AM
I know this is possible in wanted but you have to be extremely lucky.

You need to have a defensive poison build for starters.

RR Smoke
Slow Acting Poison
Blender/Overall Cooldowns

Then you basically have to force yourself to stay somewhere in 8th place (ensures you don't have a pursuer) and only get up to silent for the first 4 kills, then start killing civilians (this always varies as you can either not have it count or it does on the 5th), letting targets run away or stun you until you get kill streak.

Then watch everyone get hella mad.

Kill 100
Incognito 300
Hidden 200
Focus 150
Poison 300
Variety 200 (At the very least) / Greater Variety 400 (Possible)
Streak Bonus 750
x2
= 4000/4800

So who's gonna try this?

EscoBlades
01-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by A.B.Xantos:

RR Smoke
Slow Acting Poison

Then you basically have to force yourself to stay somewhere in 8th place (ensures you don't have a pursuer) and only get up to silent for the first 4 kills, then start killing civilians (this always varies as you can either not have it count or it does on the 5th), letting targets run away or stun you until you get kill streak.

Kill 100
Incognito 300
Hidden 200
Focus 150
Poison 300
Streak Bonus 750
x2
= 4000/4800

So who's gonna try this?

Excellent. Dunno if i'd have the patience for it though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

nightpriestess
01-24-2011, 10:26 AM
I'll probably try it out one of these days but I have a feeling I'll fail miserably! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Not sure I can stay alive long enough to do it!

marq08
01-24-2011, 10:27 AM
My record is 3600 doing something similar to this in chest capture believe it or not. They were all laughing at me saying haha look at this kid giving us free escapes and lures then I remember some kid screaming "HOLY CRAP! How the @#$% did he get almost 4000 points for that @^%$@%#&#%@*$"

DeanOMiite
01-24-2011, 10:31 AM
I feel like that is outrageously difficult to do on purpose...i mean...you need a 4 kill streak which, THEN you need to lose 4 straight contracts either because someone else took yours or because you lose a chase because dying will cost you your streak, THEN you need to get an incognito poison kill.

That's nearly impossible. I used to have a class set up with the 5-loss double score, but I found that it made me lose contracts on purpose after 3 and then struggle all match to land the perfect incognito poison kill and it was just too frustrating...took all the fun out of the game.

Also Esco...I've seen you in two threads post the idea that you get the 750 pt bonus for 5 silent kills in a MATCH, and I'm pretty sure it's for five silent kills in ONE LIFE. I could be wrong...but I don't think I am.

UNS0UND
01-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Genius. I had not thought of it but it sound amazing. I'm going to try it out immediately. Thanks!

obliviondoll
01-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by DeanOMiite:
Also Esco...I've seen you in two threads post the idea that you get the 750 pt bonus for 5 silent kills in a MATCH, and I'm pretty sure it's for five silent kills in ONE LIFE. I could be wrong...but I don't think I am.
You're not wrong. But think Manhunt. You only HAVE one life while hunting.

Although I've heard people say that a desync will also reset your streak counter. Could be worth testing that sometime as well... if I managed to confirm this either way, will let you know.

ABXantos
01-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeanOMiite:

Although I've heard people say that a desync will also reset your streak counter. Could be worth testing that sometime as well... if I managed to confirm this either way, will let you know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Desynching does not reset streak on manhunt.

W.E.S.P
01-25-2011, 07:23 AM

No i cant say that I do or that anyone should try that. If its possible to engineer contracts Ubi needs to bring in points deducted for loosing a contract so that people cant exploit it.

Im honestly shocked to see you made a thread like this Esco tbh mate and heres me thinking you people are pros. How anyone can condone this sort of tatic? Its as good as boosting imo and people should be on you like a rash for suggesting such a thing.

EscoBlades
01-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by W.E.S.P:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:

No i cant say that I do or that anyone should try that. If its possible to engineer contracts Ubi needs to bring in points deducted for loosing a contract so that people cant exploit it.

Im honestly shocked to see you made a thread like this Esco tbh mate and heres me thinking you people are pros. How anyone can condone this sort of tatic? Its as good as boosting imo and people should be on you like a rash for suggesting such a thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cry me a river. I asked a simple question in the original post of this thread....clearly you didn't read it properly. I never claimed to be pro. I play well with my teammates, within the confines of the rules of the game, and i play smart (most of the time)

The x2 score bonus is there. And people utilise it to get big points. Don't use it if you feel it is cheap. The balance lies in the time lost trying to deliberately lose contracts in the first place.

No one said you have to like it. If i used it, my highest kill score would be 3000+, not 1250. Move on, or contribute to the thread constructively.

W.E.S.P
01-25-2011, 08:07 AM
Cry me a river. I asked a simple question in the original post of this thread....clearly you didn't read it properly. I never claimed to be pro. I play well with my teammates, within the confines of the rules of the game, and i play smart (most of the time)

The x2 score bonus is there. And people utilise it to get big points. Don't use it if you feel it is cheap. The balance lies in the time lost trying to deliberately lose contracts in the first place.

No one said you have to like it. If i used it, my highest kill score would be 3000+, not 1250. Move on, or contribute to the thread constructively.

I read it alright and i think my response got staight to the point of this problem. Which you dont like, but i knew that before i posted. Dosent mean im not going to post.

Hardly mate. Its funny how your group are made up of stun lockers and exploiters. Its your members that claim to be amongst the best in the world but with tatics likes these I doubt it.

I didnt use that word cheap but seeing as you did i would have to agree that it is and Very!

Why would i have anything positive to contribute to this thread? I seen it and thought i would post my views on such cheap (your word) tatics. Shameful. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I'm moving on dont worry. Im not staying around here to listen to more abuse becauase you dont agree that i have an opinion.

I think this is constructive for people exploiting the game. No?

If its possible to engineer contracts Ubi needs to bring in points deducted for loosing a contract so that people cant exploit it.

EscoBlades
01-25-2011, 08:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeanOMiite:

Although I've heard people say that a desync will also reset your streak counter. Could be worth testing that sometime as well... if I managed to confirm this either way, will let you know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Desynching does not reset streak on manhunt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep, i can confirm this to be true.

Mr_Shade
01-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Guys..

Lets keep it civil.. if not - I can see these types of 'debates' being placed on Shade's banned topix list..

W.E.S.P
01-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Im being civil Mr Shade. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Can you report somone for constantly reporting threads when theres no need? He asked a question and i gave an honest answer. If he dosnt like hearing peoples opinions then he needs to stop making threads about exploiting the game mechanics because that is what he is doing.

Just saying.

KHRYS_24
01-25-2011, 10:32 AM

RR Smoke
Slow Acting Poison

Kill 100
Incognito 300
Hidden 200
Focus 150
Poison 300
Streak Bonus 750
x2
= 4000/4800

So who's gonna try this?

Thats the exact build I use everytime in wanted. Unless of course i want to play "all D" then i switch poison with mute. But that is my normal build. But i normally use the 3 silent kill and don't even put the 5 kill streak since I am patient to actually wait to get it, but just not that good enough to actually stay alive that long to actually get it. I'll probably try it later tonight though and hope that I get it when im recording.

off topic....but good matches I had with you yesterday. You're very consistent in staying 1st place in most of the games we played and i just managed to get 2nd.

Mr_Shade
01-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Im being civil Mr Shade. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Can you report somone for constantly reporting threads when theres no need? He asked a question and i gave an honest answer. If he dosnt like hearing peoples opinions then he needs to stop making threads about exploiting the game mechanics because that is what he is doing.

Just saying. People filing false reports will be dealt with in private.

As you may know, making false reports wastes the time of moderators and managers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

So I suggest you all ignore each other if you can not have a civil thread.

SolidSage
01-25-2011, 10:36 AM
I used the poison/loss streak combo once and was impressed by the tally.
I haven't used it since though because I found it to be a very tedious and boring way of playing. I'm not a fan of poison because it's not very visceral, to be honest I prefer the free running and chases and stun lock battles, it's exciting.
I'm fine with the lower point count, I play for fun and actually prefer the kill/death statistic more than the average points per kill stat.

Zombie Izzardx
01-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hydr4noid:
Haven't tested it myself, but I've been told desyncing in Manhunt resets t
he killstreak counter as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does not. I know I've accidently picked my wanted loadout a couple of times and gotten my 3 kill streak then desynced and picked my manhunt loadout and two kills later I was recieving my 5 kill streak bonus.

E-Zekiel
01-25-2011, 10:58 AM
I don't because it relies too heavily on luck (imo). Some idiot runner can run up to me for 100 points and get a lucky guess and I get screwed by lag. Less likely to happen with 3 silent kill streaks.