PDA

View Full Version : about the coming patch

5SA_Zippy
10-21-2004, 01:37 AM
Since today i'm going to buy PF, is it possible to have a list of the things included in the coming patch?

PF is composed by 3 CDs, but someone decided to sell it in 2 CDs and release a patch with the things included in the third CD.

So, since today i'm going to spend 50 euros to buy PF, may i have a list of what i'm paying today and i'll got in the next patch?

I think would be fair if you give us all the info about the complete PF. Today i'll pay the whole price (i.e. for 3 CDs) not just for the frist two.

thank you

Future-
10-21-2004, 02:08 AM
You get what you pay for as a WHOLE today. 2 CDs were announced, and 2 are sold.
And if you really pay 50 euros, I'd recommend a new shop.
In my area, the most expensive source I found for PF priced it at 45 euro. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Anyway, noone knows for sure what exactly will be in the upcoming patch. So all I can tell you is: install your PF once you got it, enjoy it! And wait for news updates here on the page.

S!

5SA_Zippy
10-21-2004, 02:29 AM
In PF file readme, posted in the forum some days ago, there's this:

Attention:
We simply ran out of space on our 2 CDs and had to remove some cockpits for several flyable aircraft. Free add-on containing these aircraft will be made
available at www.pacific-fighters.com (http://www.pacific-fighters.com) for a free download.

So, is the game made of 2 CDs and the rest is a gift that they will give us? or is the game made of 3 CDs but for problems of space they use 2 CDs and they'll give the rest of the game in a downloadable patch?
Reading the forums i understood it was the second one.

About the price, i don't know what to say, 49,99 euros is the price showed in the italian official UBI site!

Gbucket
10-21-2004, 03:25 AM
PF comes on two CD's and extra content will be released in the form of a patch post-launch.

5SA_Zippy
10-21-2004, 03:28 AM
So, it's the first one.
I'm sorry if i misunderstood.

Thank you for the answer.

269GA-Veltro
10-21-2004, 03:51 AM
Oleg:

"What we are doing currently?

Add-on...

Some new ships
Several cockpits (both Japanese and US/UK planes)
Several new planes.
New map
Some fixes (minor, that found by me already later, but I like to change it myself)

NEW CLOUDS, including overcast (completley new code). However it may go later than in the first add-on because it is FPS eater and we would like to make it as an option for power PC and as well as controlable this feature by the host (all connected to such host should have the same clouds type On while playing online)

New anticheat pack that will protect our code for several years ahead and cheaters of all ranks will be not able even to read our data...

The last one above also we expect later than the first add-on which we plan right after the release

Main things there in the first add-on will be Betty bomber flyable and several others plus new map/theater)".

609IAP_Recon
10-21-2004, 05:39 AM
Get used to it - they like to surprise us http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Chuck_Older
10-21-2004, 05:43 AM
Let's all join hands and chant together:

"Buuuurrrrmmmmmaaaaaa. Buuurrrrrmmmmmaaaaaa. Buuuuuurrrrrmmmmaaaaaa."

r0bman
10-21-2004, 07:18 AM
Buuuuurrrrrrmmmmaaaa. Buuuuurrrrrrmmmmaaaa. Buuuuurrrrrrmmmmaaaa.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kwiatos
10-21-2004, 07:28 AM
I hope arcadish FM in PF planes expecially Corsair, Hellcat and Wildcat will be correted. You could hard turn in these planes with maximum pull up stick without stall and spin.
Even Yak3 or Lag3 66 can't do it in old AEP. Ki-61 Hien is very funny not manouverable at all, quickly broke in dive which is not realistic. In real test Ki-61 was more manouverable than P-40 but in PF p-40 could outroll and outturn it.

Supr
10-21-2004, 07:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kwiatos:
I hope arcadish FM in PF planes expecially Corsair, Hellcat and Wildcat will be correted. You could hard turn in these planes with maximum pull up stick without stall and spin.
Even Yak3 or Lag3 66 can't do it in old AEP. Ki-61 Hien is very funny not manouverable at all, quickly broke in dive which is not realistic. In real test Ki-61 was more manouverable than P-40 but in PF p-40 could outroll and outturn it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, bring back the original il2 FMs. Those were the best. I remember some kids whining because it actually took practice to take off in a 109. Those were the best, but the compomise isn't that bad either.

Kwiatos
10-21-2004, 08:02 AM
Yea if AEP/PF would have stall/spin characteristic from old IL2 these game will be not so arcade game. In old Il2 for example I can make BACKSPIN which is not possible in AEP/PF.

jocko417
10-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Is it just me or is the lack of a Solomons map kind of weird? How can you have a Pacific Theatre without 'The Slot', Munda, Vella Lavella?