PDA

View Full Version : AC2: english AND italian dialogs. Is it possible?



fyubisoft
01-26-2011, 08:06 AM
I figure it wouldn't be crazy to ask that the parts with the americans in the united states be in english and the parts with the italians in 15th century italy be in italian. So I wonder why if I can't have that somehow.

If I change it in the options I either get everything in english or everything in italian, and that's just crazy.

magesupermaster
01-26-2011, 08:34 AM
No, it's not possible to have two different parts of the game to have their own separate language.
It's either that or that.

Although there are a few lines of text in Italian.

fyubisoft
01-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Why not?

Seems like a lack of effort in my opinion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

k20ml
01-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Rebecca Crane has patched in the translations in the animus 2.0 but there is the occasional glitches with the translation.

Rakudaton
01-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Seems like a lack of effort

Really? To me, it seems like Ubisoft reasoned along these lines:

"Well, 99% of people will speak AT MOST one of English or Italian. Of that 1% remaining, 99% would prefer to have their entire game in a single language. So really, only 0.01% of people want to be able to have half the game in Italian, and half in English."

Seeing as Ubisoft have ignored much larger, much more vocal demographics (instant mute for multiplayer, anyone?), I think that 0.01% of people -- of whom we have only heard from you -- can be reasonably ignored without loss of profits. After all, for 99% of them it wouldn't be a reason to NOT buy the game -- so that has just resulted in Ubisoft losing 0.0001% of their market. Insignificant, really; so their efforts are better invested elsewhere.

Just my thoughts.

Geinref
01-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by k20ml:
Rebecca Crane has patched in the translations in the animus 2.0 but there is the occasional glitches with the translation.

win!! lmao nice one!

I like how the game does switch between english and italian!

AubreyWilborn
01-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Wow...I was waiting for somebody to bring this up. I'm just like the op; I appreciate the ability to play the game in Italian, however, it does take away from the atmosphere of the game to have Desmond, Lucy, Subject 16, etc. start speaking in Italian along with Ezio.

I was hoping Ubisoft would fix this in ACB, but I know they haven't.

AubreyWilborn
01-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Seems like a lack of effort

Really? To me, it seems like Ubisoft reasoned along these lines:

"Well, 99% of people will speak AT MOST one of English or Italian. Of that 1% remaining, 99% would prefer to have their entire game in a single language. So really, only 0.01% of people want to be able to have half the game in Italian, and half in English."

Seeing as Ubisoft have ignored much larger, much more vocal demographics (instant mute for multiplayer, anyone?), I think that 0.01% of people -- of whom we have only heard from you -- can be reasonably ignored without loss of profits. After all, for 99% of them it wouldn't be a reason to NOT buy the game -- so that has just resulted in Ubisoft losing 0.0001% of their market. Insignificant, really; so their efforts are better invested elsewhere.

Just my thoughts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>


Your logic is flawed. 99 percent of people where? What if the vast majority of gamers in, say, Italy CAN speak both English and Italian?

Masta_Pain
01-27-2011, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Seems like a lack of effort

Really? To me, it seems like Ubisoft reasoned along these lines:

"Well, 99% of people will speak AT MOST one of English or Italian. Of that 1% remaining, 99% would prefer to have their entire game in a single language. So really, only 0.01% of people want to be able to have half the game in Italian, and half in English."

Seeing as Ubisoft have ignored much larger, much more vocal demographics (instant mute for multiplayer, anyone?), I think that 0.01% of people -- of whom we have only heard from you -- can be reasonably ignored without loss of profits. After all, for 99% of them it wouldn't be a reason to NOT buy the game -- so that has just resulted in Ubisoft losing 0.0001% of their market. Insignificant, really; so their efforts are better invested elsewhere.

Just my thoughts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>


Your logic is flawed. 99 percent of people where? What if the vast majority of gamers in, say, Italy CAN speak both English and Italian? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They probably can, I know whenever I watch something I prefer to watch it in it's original language with subtitles if necessary.

Rakudaton
01-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Seems like a lack of effort

Really? To me, it seems like Ubisoft reasoned along these lines:

"Well, 99% of people will speak AT MOST one of English or Italian. Of that 1% remaining, 99% would prefer to have their entire game in a single language. So really, only 0.01% of people want to be able to have half the game in Italian, and half in English."

Seeing as Ubisoft have ignored much larger, much more vocal demographics (instant mute for multiplayer, anyone?), I think that 0.01% of people -- of whom we have only heard from you -- can be reasonably ignored without loss of profits. After all, for 99% of them it wouldn't be a reason to NOT buy the game -- so that has just resulted in Ubisoft losing 0.0001% of their market. Insignificant, really; so their efforts are better invested elsewhere.

Just my thoughts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>


Your logic is flawed. 99 percent of people where? What if the vast majority of gamers in, say, Italy CAN speak both English and Italian? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was using 99% just to demonstrate my point; that doesn't make my logic flawed. My point is that the MAJORITY of people don't speak both, and the MAJORITY of those that do don't mind about only playing in one language, and the MAJORITY of those that do mind won't use that as a reason to not buy the game. So really, by not including this feature, Ubi are only losing out on a minority of a minority of a minority of customers -- clearly, it's not that important to them.

Incidentally, I speak six languages including English and Italian. I agree that playing in both languages would be nice (it would bulk up my Italian too, which would be great), but really I don't mind all that much.