PDA

View Full Version : Help! I cant fly an IL2 sturmovik!

Superjew1
12-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Ok I just got IL2 Sturmovik 1946 today and began to fly my first mission in what else but the IL2 Sturmovik. See what the plane the game was named after is all about.

So I go into the mission and the moment I load up on the landing strip my plane starts rotating since the tail dragger is at an angle. I try taking off ASAP but I cant get my tail dragger to stay straight and it sends me off the map making it impossible to take off.

Othertimes Ive played the mission I do a full circle and run into the planes behind me.

I know Im a n00b, but this seems highly unfair that the game would start me out with a plane at an angle so it cant take off down the landing strip.

BTW Ive tried locking my tail dragger wheel in place to no difference and playing with the rudder.

Zeus-cat
12-30-2008, 05:39 PM
You should try my "Straight From the Farm" campaign. It will hep you with takeoffs and landings.

It sounds like you have a cross wind in this mission. Put the brakes on immediately, run up to full power and use the rudder to keep the plane straight (or as straight as you can). Once you get up to about 30mph (50kph) you should not have a problem with the wind.

Superjew1
12-30-2008, 07:42 PM
BTW Ive tried locking my tail dragger wheel in place to no difference and playing with the rudder.

Well I managed to take off after atleast 15 tries, Im not good at it yet but Ive done it once.

Man does this game make me feel like a n00b, I downloaded your mission pack but do not know how to install it and play it.

Sirrith
12-30-2008, 09:08 PM
I think thats a bug or glitch. Ive had the problem once before, load up the mission and as soon as it starts, the plane starts to rotate without you even having the time to reach the controls.

WTE_Galway
12-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Sirrith:
I think thats a bug or glitch. Ive had the problem once before, load up the mission and as soon as it starts, the plane starts to rotate without you even having the time to reach the controls.

its just the way the game simulates thunderstorms

you can turn them off in dgen

TinyTim
12-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Superjew, when a mission loads up, before you touch anything, go into an external view of the plane. Is the rudder of the plane already fully deflected? If it is, then you have a joystick problem.

I can recall someone having the same problem, maybe a search through help section of the forum might help.

tagTaken2
12-31-2008, 01:43 AM
Yes, that can be one of those simple issues that drives you nuts until it clicks.

Try getting your bearings in the Quick Mission Builder.

You'll start in the air http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Urufu_Shinjiro
12-31-2008, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Superjew1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BTW Ive tried locking my tail dragger wheel in place to no difference and playing with the rudder.

Well I managed to take off after atleast 15 tries, Im not good at it yet but Ive done it once.

Man does this game make me feel like a n00b, I downloaded your mission pack but do not know how to install it and play it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just unzip it into you missions/campaigns folder and off you go.