PDA

View Full Version : Joystick problem

skidkid81
02-12-2005, 02:42 PM
I just installed the game today. I have a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joystick and I can not get the planes guns to fire. All other joystick functions work as far as controlling the plane. I've had this joystick for a while and it works fine on all the other flight simulator games.

Any ideas?

skidkid81
02-12-2005, 02:42 PM
I just installed the game today. I have a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joystick and I can not get the planes guns to fire. All other joystick functions work as far as controlling the plane. I've had this joystick for a while and it works fine on all the other flight simulator games.

Any ideas?

ytareh
02-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Get into the page which lists all the controls9i think its called "Controls" not trying to be smart!).Its available either on the first screen after you start the game or during a game you can press escape and get into it that way.Anyway you need to click (not surer if its left or right click TO THE RIGHT HAND SIDE of the control title your interested-in your case weapon 1(usually the stronger eg cannons)or 2(machineguns)then when you see a rectangular outline/box just press the button(eg trigger)you want to 'assign'/give to operate that control..This is also how you solve the infamous "How do I take off from carriers?" mystery.You have to assign a key to "Toggle Chocks"(the the wooden wedges/blocks that stop the plane from rolling .(Toggle means switch between on/off)

ytareh
02-12-2005, 03:25 PM
By the way just thought Id mention that Microsoft make fairly good joysticks according to some of the guys here so dont be rushing out to upgrade just yet!The Logitechs have poor reliability and while the Saiteks are general popular I hate the feel of my Cyborg Evo