PDA

View Full Version : D:PL dies before tackling the bike rooftop mission

icelandknight
09-23-2007, 09:09 AM
The game has been running well until I get to the rooftop bike mission, after the kindapping of the Columbian.
It dies just as he says: "The Mexican in the truck... truck... truck... truck... truck... truck... truck... truck... truck... truck... truck..."

Then the game freezes and dies, leaving me in Windows again.

I came here looking for a patch, in case others have had this problems, but can't fidn any.

Also, the FIRST time I ran the game, it said it did not recognise the DVD. In the second attempt, it was accepted.

Also, during installation, there seemed to be some file that was currupt on the DVD, but I pressed "retry" until it accepted, and installation finished properly.

Please help, I'd like to continue with this game.

icelandknight
09-23-2007, 09:09 AM
The game has been running well until I get to the rooftop bike mission, after the kindapping of the Columbian.
It dies just as he says: "The Mexican in the truck... truck... truck... truck... truck... truck... truck... truck... truck... truck... truck..."

Then the game freezes and dies, leaving me in Windows again.

I came here looking for a patch, in case others have had this problems, but can't fidn any.

Also, the FIRST time I ran the game, it said it did not recognise the DVD. In the second attempt, it was accepted.

Also, during installation, there seemed to be some file that was currupt on the DVD, but I pressed "retry" until it accepted, and installation finished properly.

Please help, I'd like to continue with this game.

InsaneDriver06
09-23-2007, 02:12 PM
PC's expected to crash games, even after the proper requirements are installed. I used to play a lot of computer games years ago, now I play the Xbox 360 for my disc read errors and crashes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sorry I don't have any suggestions.

icelandknight
09-23-2007, 03:11 PM
WOOOHOOO!!! - I DID IT!!!

Ok, if you think about it, itr makes sense NOW, but back when I was STUCK I couldn't think oif any way... If you press the ESC key, it SKIPS the cut scene... and since it was THAT which was creating the problem, the program just went straight into the rooftop mission!

I have finished that, and am now in 2006 helping wassername, Angel, etc... ;-D

Alls well that ends well!

However, it almost took FOREVER to finish the "Gate Crasher" mission! How come they don't let you SAVE in the middle of it! - I cursed and swore moist of the time, but saw it through. :-/ grrrrrrr

;-D
I also love this game for just roaming around and checking out places... Like the Twin Towers (nice touch) and the Statue of Liberty!

driver_madness
09-24-2007, 04:24 PM
You may have gotten it working but the real pc game doesn't do that!

If you ever go back to playing it again, try to reinstall it first and everything should work, if there are read errors you'd need to send the disk back where it come from and get a replacement!