PDA

View Full Version : help with pc speaker purches please

fordfan25
10-02-2004, 10:22 PM
all right this is a bit OT but thay will be used for F.B and P.F.my old speakers crapod out on me and i need a new set.i have no exp with pc speakers so i need some advice. my two choices are the logitech Z3 speakers or the creative I-Trigue i3350.thay are both about the same price.

fordfan25
10-02-2004, 10:22 PM
all right this is a bit OT but thay will be used for F.B and P.F.my old speakers crapod out on me and i need a new set.i have no exp with pc speakers so i need some advice. my two choices are the logitech Z3 speakers or the creative I-Trigue i3350.thay are both about the same price.

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-02-2004, 10:32 PM
The Logitech Z3 speaker set is superb. The sound is rich and full without the slightest hint of distortion. Unlike many 2.1-channel packages, the subwoofer and satellites gel perfectly to produce a full range sound envelope. They also look great and have a good remote control. If you€re after a set of stereo speakers for your PC, buy the Z3s.
(quote from a review)
IMO in this price range upto the 350 dollar range I would take Logitech over just about all other manufacturers when it comes to speakers. When you get above that you have Klipsch Pro media Speaker sets which are remarkable. And you have the Creative GigaWorks S750 which are the best of the best.

Good luck with you new speakers Im sure would enjoy either choice.
=S=

fordfan25
10-02-2004, 10:45 PM
thanks i think ill head to wall mart now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif thanks for the advice.

fordfan25
10-03-2004, 12:25 PM
ok i got the speakers and got them hooked up thay sound good for 60.00$ set of speakers but im haveing a little poping nois comeing out of them.it happens when i play games movies or music.but not when there is no sound.i havent tried them on F.B yet but there doing it in all other games.it seems to be random.Is that normal or sould i take them back.i never realy had my old ones loud enough to notice if thay did it or not........grrrrr why does this stuff all ways happen to me lol

LuckyBoy1
10-03-2004, 01:13 PM
What sound card are you using?

fordfan25
10-03-2004, 05:48 PM
hay L.B whats up.no card, it soundmax intergrated in a asus k8v mobo.i just got my old harman/kardon speakers back from my mother and thay do it to i qusse i just never noticed it befor becouse i always played with them on low. i have updated drivers for my mobo and soundmax. the sound is clear all but the pops and iv noticed when listing to music the valume drops now and then far a secound.any ideas. i really really hate to have to replace this mobo.and i can not afford a sound card.
the poping sound is real sudden and its only a pop not long static and im not over doing the volume at all.iv tried dxgiag setting on full and standed.

man ill tell ya, it seems like i cant do anything right lol. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ruf9ii
10-04-2004, 09:45 PM
go get a new sound card, cost about 50AUS for a live! card. USA about $30 (im guessing). it'll get rid of ur pops and make the speakers worthwhile gettting. I got the z560's, a bit old but they still kick ***, dont be stingy. u'll regret it in the long run http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif