PDA

View Full Version : Day&night Cycle

Cryps1s
06-25-2011, 08:14 AM
Oke i was thinking about this along time,

We seen the day&night cycle in FC2 it was good amount of night time and day time.

For some missions in FC3 you just want the jungle by night to stalk your prey.

What ya think

Tigra2009
06-25-2011, 08:25 AM
I chosoe 1 and 3 ^^
D&N cycle just like FC2 and it would be MORE realistic than in FC2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hobodealer
06-25-2011, 10:34 AM
I see what you're saying however it doesn't really need any changing. In Far Cry 2 you could simply select on your watch when you wanted to sleep untill. So the feature is already there.

Martythemerc
06-25-2011, 01:18 PM
I really liked the day-night cycle in FC2 - it was faster than the real time, but slow enough to make you believe the time frame. RDR had good stuff, but their day-night cycle zoomed past, and was noticeable.

I see that Jason is always wearing a watch. Good in one perspective, but bad in others. It stands out too much. I much prefer a subtle method like call up a clock, or I always liked to judge time to where the sun was in the sky - a true primordial way of time telling.

Ilovepho
06-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Real time D&N cycle like FC2 please.

Poetic03
06-28-2011, 07:36 PM
The day and night cycle in Far Cry 2 was one of the most realistic dynamic features I've seen in this generation consoles. Just as Marty said it was in decent rotation and slow enough to feed the realism... hope this feature definitely is carried over to Far Cry 3!

Eightboll812
06-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Poetic03:
The day and night cycle in Far Cry 2 was one of the most realistic dynamic features I've seen in this generation consoles. Just as Marty said it was in decent rotation and slow enough to feed the realism... hope this feature definitely is carried over to Far Cry 3!
Completely agree. I remember things like driving through the savanah with the sun rising in my face, half blinded by the dazzling rays...the lighting effects from the DN cycle were simply amazing, IMHO.

FC-Szocik
06-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Rain in this paradise should be amazing on high details!

H84Gabor
06-30-2011, 10:19 PM
Same or similar as it was in FC2 will be just perfect. That still can involve missions that require a certain period of a day to perform.

o0Kman0o
07-01-2011, 11:30 PM
As it's an open world game I think 1,3 would work best. 2 would just be silly but they could do what GTA does where you have to start a mission at a certain time of day.