PDA

View Full Version : Ach! What happened to the DKiG?

PavelKirilovich
05-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Strange issue recently. I completed my 25th patrol, it's currently October of 1943 as I head into my 26th. I noticed at the end of the 25th patrol however, that my No.5 Officer (Arend Zapf, I believe his name is) had somehow "lost" his Iron Cross First Class and his German Cross in Gold (Deutsche Kreutz im Geld / DKiG), which is frustrating as the 23rd patrol was a raid on Loch Ewes which ended with him being presented the Iron Cross 1st and DKiG, and he had them throughout the 24th Patrol.

A shame, really. No-one else seems to have lost their decorations, and oddly enough Zapf still has his U-Boat Clasp, War Badge, Iron Cross Second Class, and is still promoted to the same rank he was when he "lost" the First Class and DKiG. Any idea what happened? Any suggestions for "modifying" it so he retains his DKiG?

And of course, I'm running SH3 with v1.4b, no mods.

PavelKirilovich
05-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Strange issue recently. I completed my 25th patrol, it's currently October of 1943 as I head into my 26th. I noticed at the end of the 25th patrol however, that my No.5 Officer (Arend Zapf, I believe his name is) had somehow "lost" his Iron Cross First Class and his German Cross in Gold (Deutsche Kreutz im Geld / DKiG), which is frustrating as the 23rd patrol was a raid on Loch Ewes which ended with him being presented the Iron Cross 1st and DKiG, and he had them throughout the 24th Patrol.

A shame, really. No-one else seems to have lost their decorations, and oddly enough Zapf still has his U-Boat Clasp, War Badge, Iron Cross Second Class, and is still promoted to the same rank he was when he "lost" the First Class and DKiG. Any idea what happened? Any suggestions for "modifying" it so he retains his DKiG?

And of course, I'm running SH3 with v1.4b, no mods.

Minoos
05-30-2007, 03:36 PM
This is odd, Sh3 must have damaged your officer's records in the Crew_Career files... You could attempt to edit the files ( the most recent one ) to restore the medals. Make sure to backup your career folder before doing so.

PavelKirilovich
05-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Thank you Minoos. I will attempt this to set things right. It annoys me that I have to do something like this - I'd so far been progressing through the campaign without touching the Careers folder... shame.