PDA

View Full Version : To developers: Problem with crash-kill credit algorithm

Primus_TR
05-02-2006, 04:09 AM
Hi,

I think many are aware of this problem, yet as of 4.04m, it is still not fixed, so here goes:

When aircraft A and B crash in midair, or on the ground, and one of them is killed as a result of this collision, the slower aircraft takes credit for the kill. This may not be a problem when aircrafts A and B are not in the same team (so as to discourage folks from crashing into enemy planes instead of shooting them down).

Yet when both colliding aircraft are in the same team, this creates a big problem. i.e. suppose you just spawned, getting ready to start your engine, and booom! some one taxies right into you. Although the party crashing into you is at fault (watch where you are going, eh?) you (who is at full stop and unable to manouver) are credited for the kill, which results in -300 points or a kick from the server.

Same with over-the-shoulder shooters. You're chasing the enemy, then some numbwit dives uncontrollably and crashes into you, killing both. Again, although he's at fault, you are punished for team killing.

Here is my suggestion: when colliding aircraft are in the same team, the FASTER one should be credited with the crash-kill. When they are in opposing teams, the SLOWER one should be credited/punished for the crash-kill.

An arrangement like this shall save much frustration.

Regards

~RFX~Primus

Primus_TR
05-02-2006, 04:09 AM
Hi,

I think many are aware of this problem, yet as of 4.04m, it is still not fixed, so here goes:

When aircraft A and B crash in midair, or on the ground, and one of them is killed as a result of this collision, the slower aircraft takes credit for the kill. This may not be a problem when aircrafts A and B are not in the same team (so as to discourage folks from crashing into enemy planes instead of shooting them down).

Yet when both colliding aircraft are in the same team, this creates a big problem. i.e. suppose you just spawned, getting ready to start your engine, and booom! some one taxies right into you. Although the party crashing into you is at fault (watch where you are going, eh?) you (who is at full stop and unable to manouver) are credited for the kill, which results in -300 points or a kick from the server.

Same with over-the-shoulder shooters. You're chasing the enemy, then some numbwit dives uncontrollably and crashes into you, killing both. Again, although he's at fault, you are punished for team killing.

Here is my suggestion: when colliding aircraft are in the same team, the FASTER one should be credited with the crash-kill. When they are in opposing teams, the SLOWER one should be credited/punished for the crash-kill.

An arrangement like this shall save much frustration.

Regards

~RFX~Primus