PDA

View Full Version : DGen fixed yet?

_VR_ScorpionWorm
01-10-2005, 11:54 PM
To say the least I am fuming. I started a Normadie Nieman campaign and survived one area of operation and was working on Kursk. I got to one mission to protect bridges around the Kursk area. I shot down 1 BF-110 and two 190A4s. I end the mission, hit apply and the gosh darn thing locks up. I have to end FB through Task Manager and when I relaunch it shows I completed 47(I've only flown 12-14), I click load the screen flickers non-stop and locks up. Im really getting tired of this cr@p.

I've read the New Dgen thread in OOR, that doesnt look like its going to help with much except for Pacific Theatre Campaigns. Maybe I should just get rid of this cr@ptastic default Dgen and go get DCG. I had fun with it when I last had it(AEP 2.04), just had a few small problems but nothing worthy of getting me p1ssed as the default Dgen does.

So has this Dgen been fixed yet?

_VR_ScorpionWorm
01-10-2005, 11:54 PM
To say the least I am fuming. I started a Normadie Nieman campaign and survived one area of operation and was working on Kursk. I got to one mission to protect bridges around the Kursk area. I shot down 1 BF-110 and two 190A4s. I end the mission, hit apply and the gosh darn thing locks up. I have to end FB through Task Manager and when I relaunch it shows I completed 47(I've only flown 12-14), I click load the screen flickers non-stop and locks up. Im really getting tired of this cr@p.

I've read the New Dgen thread in OOR, that doesnt look like its going to help with much except for Pacific Theatre Campaigns. Maybe I should just get rid of this cr@ptastic default Dgen and go get DCG. I had fun with it when I last had it(AEP 2.04), just had a few small problems but nothing worthy of getting me p1ssed as the default Dgen does.

So has this Dgen been fixed yet?

HansKnappstick
01-11-2005, 02:02 AM
I had a similar problem in some of my campaigns.

But the solution is simple: relax and wait. It seems the DGen does not lock up after hitting the "apply" button, but enters a very long loop - probably generating and discarding mission after mission. Now I allow it to work as long as it takes - untill 15 minutes one day - and it does generate a next mission finally.