PDA

View Full Version : PF never ceases to amaze me...

PapaG39
06-24-2005, 02:20 PM
With the new patch I thought..."what the he*ll" i'll give it another go just for grinns...

I picked the F4F-3 & the dreadded Zero on the coral Sea map.
On the first pass we both did some damage, but he was a bit worse off & I cut him off & shot him down.
when I took an outside view of my aircraft on final I noticed that I only had one wheel...the other having been shot off.
I took a snap shot & landed with a crash & survived...cool...so I thought I'd save it to the track & view it just for funs..

When I viewed it I didn't get to view the actual scenario of the flight...
what I saw was the zero spinning into the sea & me shooting into clear sky...Then I dove straight into the sea...

What is going on with this? how can i see one scenario while the track saves something completely different?

PapaG39
06-24-2005, 02:24 PM
for some reason half of my message didn't show up...

I did a track of the flight, but the track, when view by me, didn't show what actually happened when I flew the mission...
the track show the zero spinning straight into the sea & me shooting into a clear sky... and then diving straight into the sea myself.
Actually...I survived &
when I returned to the carrier i did an outside view of my aircraft & discovered that I only had one gear...the zero having shot off the other ..

WB_Outlaw
06-24-2005, 03:14 PM
To properly record QMB missions, you have to use the quick record to save it as an .ntrk file. You can't save the track after the mission. I believe this only applies to QMB flights.

I lost a good P-40 vs Ki-44 fight this way.

-Outlaw.

Waldo.Pepper
06-24-2005, 08:29 PM
My understanding was that if you use time accel during the flight it will mess up the track.

PapaG39
06-24-2005, 08:31 PM
I was in QMB & I saved it like I always do...
just click on save & it saves over the last one on the .trk, and I play it back just like I always have... I just never had it do lthis before...

PapaG39
06-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Hmmm.. It is possible that I may have hit the "[" when and or if I hit the "P" pause key.....i really don't remember doing that, but that may well explane it.

PapaG39
06-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Well I did two Coral Sea track saves...one in normal & the other with a bit of flight time at 1/2 speed, but they both saved & played back normally...

Dang, I'll say one thing for this new patch.. the airspeed control seems more normal and directional control on final to the carrier seems easier to maintain all the way to touchdown...

The only thing that I couldn't do was turn around on the carrier by using power/brake & rudder...it just would not turn 180 degrees.

has anyone else noticed this or are my CH Pro Pedals brake function screwed up...

Waldo.Pepper
06-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Time accel has ALWAYS been a no no regardless of hte patch status.

I see no reason for it to be gone in 4 series patched version of the game.