PDA

View Full Version : Cannot load game to play

alcantu
03-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Need help in playing this game. Downloaded digital version however, I have done everything I have been asked to do and still the game will not load past 20%. My XP meets the requirements for the game. Did I receive a corrupted game download from the distributor (Dell, Inc.)? Advise.

alcantu
03-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Need help in playing this game. Downloaded digital version however, I have done everything I have been asked to do and still the game will not load past 20%. My XP meets the requirements for the game. Did I receive a corrupted game download from the distributor (Dell, Inc.)? Advise.

Troll2k
03-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Which game?I believe the paydownload of 1946 is just the pay addons 4.05 through 4.07 and you need the main game too.

alcantu
03-23-2007, 04:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Troll2k:
Which game?I believe the paydownload of 1946 is just the pay addons 4.05 through 4.07 and you need the main game too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game in question is Pacific Fighters v4.01.
Have downloaded 4.02 - 4.04. Advise.

alcantu
03-31-2007, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alcantu:
Need help in playing this game. Downloaded digital version however, I have done everything I have been asked to do and still the game will not load past 20%. My XP meets the requirements for the game. Did I receive a corrupted game download from the distributor (Dell, Inc.)? Advise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> THE GAME IS PACIFIC FIGHTERS. ALL PATCHES 4.02 TO 4.04 HAVE BEEN DOWNLOADED BUT STILL THE GAMES STARTS TO LOAD AND STOPS AT 20%.

Lurch1962
04-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Shooting the dark here... I have a very faint "recollection" that before installing *each* update you must have flown (or at least simply started) a mission. Have you done this?

And can someone out there confirm if this is indeed necessary?

--Lurch--

alcantu
04-02-2007, 06:07 PM
No, I have not played the game at all. When I click on the icon to log on to the game, it starts to load but stops at 20% and that is it. I have downloaded all the patches available of this game unless I forgot some. v4.02 to 4.04
I have not played the game since I purchased it through the download mode (3/3/08)

Troll2k
04-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Check the fine print on the site you downloaded the game.It used to be that what you downloaded was all it would ever be.Since they modified the main exe so a disk was not needed you were not able to add patches.So what ever version you downloaded that is what you have.

VW-IceFire
04-02-2007, 09:49 PM
You shouldn't need any patches to start playing...and you certainly don't have to fly once between patches. Sounds like a corrupted download. I'm sure the system you bought it from will allow more downloads...hopefully to correct the problem.