PDA

View Full Version : Is there any 'next waypoint' command?

todgeroff
03-13-2006, 07:02 AM
I seem to remember that it was possible to force the autopilot on to the 'next waypoint' in the original IL2 - is this right? and is it still possible?

Very useful after battle to use auto to head home and get back over own lines before hitting esc.

WWSensei
03-13-2006, 08:41 AM
There is if you are flight lead. Bring up the comms window, select squadron or flight, navigation and there you have the option to order wingmen (and it affects your aircraft as well if in autopilot) to next/prev waypoint, loiter, RTB or rejoin etc..

todgeroff
03-13-2006, 01:16 PM
thanks - knew I'd seen it somewhere

Wild.Bill.Kelso
03-13-2006, 02:27 PM
So your not talking about the Time Warp command that fast forwards you to the next waypoint? You have to map that keycommand yourself.

todgeroff
03-14-2006, 07:00 AM
No - the thing is that I often find myself out of ammo (because I'm a poor shot) but still surrounded by hungry Bf109's, so want to head for home (presumably this is what Soviet pilots did given they had no radio to let the leader know their status?). I just want to point it at home and hit auto till I cross the lines and can hit escape. Call me an amateur but flying it all the way home and then landing is too tedious for me, plus I have little enough time on the game to waste it doing this stuff. I tried hard to get the 'wings level' autopilot to work to no avail. If I fly towards home and hit the autopilot it just tries to turn it round and back into action - a bit pointless with no ammo. If there was a 'next waypoint' command avaiable to non-leaders I could hit it till it headed for home.........

slo_1_2_3
03-14-2006, 06:28 PM
wings level autopilot? are you talking about the level stabilizer? if you are it only works on level bombers