PDA

View Full Version : Geographical Accuracy of Cities

dewayne76
08-18-2008, 12:05 PM
I was wondering how geographically accurate the cities are? For example, I've compared the in-game map of Acre with a real-world equivalent and the similarities are obvious, yet I can't help but feel that its not quite 100% scale. Am I correct in assuming this?

caswallawn_2k7
08-18-2008, 12:11 PM
for the time when it was here are probly no acurate maps and things will of changed now. but even so tho map will of most likly been edited to allow for roof top running.

ScytheOfGrim
08-18-2008, 12:21 PM
When making the game the devs focused a lot on the city design.

They gained access to historical maps from the era, and even got the (I think it was) scene director (or was it art... ?) from Kingdom of Heaven to help them.

There are some landmarks that were removed to avoid political problems, but I suppose you could say that the cities are reasonably accurate.

dewayne76
08-18-2008, 12:42 PM
There are some landmarks that were removed to avoid political problems, but I suppose you could say that the cities are reasonably accurate.

Even still, the cities are richly detailed and quite beautiful. I remember being breathtaken coming upon Damascus for the first time, viewing it from the cliff above. Entering the city proper was also exhilerating. I felt like I was actually there.
The seemingly thousands of people going to and fro, vendors shouting, guards patrolling, speakers on platforms, fountains, etc, really brings you into the game. By the way, does anyone else here kill the beggars? Not that I do it all the time mind you....(hee hee).

ScytheOfGrim
08-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Oh, everyone kills the beggars. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
It's some sort of unwritten law.

dewayne76
08-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Well that's good to know. I haven't killed one of the crazies yet, but I'm certain the day will come soon....very soon.