PDA

View Full Version : Italian Fighter campaign - Anyone ?



jagdmailer
01-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Gents,

Now that we are getting a flyable G.50, anyone interested in putting together an Italian Fighter campaign for Southern Eastern Front to simulate the Italian contribution to the Axis invasion of the Soviet Union with the South Army Group ??

Additionally, seems that we are getting a Mc. 202 Flyable in a short while. Time to make the campaign should have a Mc. 202 ready. You could start the campaign flying on G.50 and then get upgraded on a Mc. 202 later in the war....http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cheers,

JagdMailer
Omega Squad

jagdmailer
01-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Gents,

Now that we are getting a flyable G.50, anyone interested in putting together an Italian Fighter campaign for Southern Eastern Front to simulate the Italian contribution to the Axis invasion of the Soviet Union with the South Army Group ??

Additionally, seems that we are getting a Mc. 202 Flyable in a short while. Time to make the campaign should have a Mc. 202 ready. You could start the campaign flying on G.50 and then get upgraded on a Mc. 202 later in the war....http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cheers,

JagdMailer
Omega Squad

Heavy_Weather
01-30-2004, 01:40 PM
sweet

"The wise man is often the man who plays dumb."

Zen--
01-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Pardon my humor, but by campaign I thought you meant when the single D9 swooped down and saved Italy from the invading Americans.

-Zen-
Formerly TX-Zen

mike_espo
01-30-2004, 02:23 PM
wow. cool. Would love that!! I wonder how the freccia will hold up. It was not the greatest airframe...the macchi saetta was better. Also, I heard of a cr 42 in the works?

jagdmailer
01-30-2004, 03:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike_espo:
wow. cool. Would love that!! I wonder how the freccia will hold up. It was not the greatest airframe...the macchi saetta was better. Also, I heard of a cr 42 in the works?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it would be great fun to buzz around a G.50 or even Cr 42 in Southern Ukraine and fight in a less than spectacular aircrafts for 1941 against early Soviet designs. Then, your unit could get transormed onto the Mc. 202 later when that aircraft was available in numbers for that front and get all the way up to Stalingrad.

jagdmailer
02-01-2004, 09:11 PM
That one deserves a Bump!


Jagd

SUPERAEREO
02-02-2004, 04:16 AM
Sorry to be a spoilsport, but AFAIK absolutely NO Italian Fiat G.50 were ever present in Russia and the only fighter types used by the Italian Expeditionary Corps were the Macchi C.200 and C.202.

The G.50 were used in Africa, Greece, the Balkans and on the Channel front, as well as in metropolitan Italy, but never on the Eastern Front.

The Cr.42 were present in the East, but only in the hands of Hungarian pilots, who also flew Reggiane Re.2000's.

Shouldn't we wait for the C.202 to appear, just for the sake of historical accuracy..?

S!

Jim81
02-02-2004, 05:07 AM
My grandfather some days ago..was showing me some pics when he was involved with his " macchi "in the battle in North Africa ! and also told me a detailed story when he destroyed a p 38 lightening in the north of Sardinia ! i d like to have some italian plane to fly on!

Jim81
02-02-2004, 05:08 AM
sorry it was a G 50 maybe have to check maybe i can post some pic if you like! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

pacettid
02-02-2004, 05:19 AM
I would settle for any Italian campaign, in any theater, as long as it is a historical campaign...bring it on http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

SUPERAEREO
02-02-2004, 05:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim81:
My grandfather some days ago..was showing me some pics when he was involved with his " macchi "in the battle in North Africa ! and also told me a detailed story when he destroyed a p 38 lightening in the north of Sardinia ! i d like to have some italian plane to fly on!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, that would be VERY interesting, Jim81!!!

Can you scan the pictures and post them?

Jim81
02-02-2004, 06:40 AM
Yes ok i have many stuff in my house that my grandfather gives me for gift !

im just restauring one with him flying with a p.51 mustang in the aecrobatic squadron after the end of the war! exciting! so stay tuned i have ones really really amazing http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

SUPERAEREO
02-02-2004, 08:59 AM
Looking forward to that, and to any photos or stories you might want to share.

Visit the Italian IL2 Forum at: www.il2sturmovik.it (http://www.il2sturmovik.it)

jagdmailer
02-02-2004, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUPERAEREO:
Sorry to be a spoilsport, but AFAIK absolutely NO Italian Fiat G.50 were ever present in Russia and the only fighter types used by the Italian Expeditionary Corps were the Macchi C.200 and C.202.

The G.50 were used in Africa, Greece, the Balkans and on the Channel front, as well as in metropolitan Italy, but never on the Eastern Front.

The Cr.42 were present in the East, but only in the hands of Hungarian pilots, who also flew Reggiane Re.2000's.

Shouldn't we wait for the C.202 to appear, just for the sake of historical accuracy..?

S!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seperaereo,

Thanks for correcting me on that, I was under the impression that the G.50s from the Balkans moved over to the USSR after the Balkan campaign.

Having said that, I think the same crew working on the Mc 202/205 cockpit are actually working on a flyable Mc. 200, although I have not seen an update in a while on that one. I think they were the 2fat2kill/SternJager/Dux-1 team......Maybe someone else interested and in the know can confirm/infirm.

In that case, we could start the campaign on Mc. 200 then move unto the Mc 202 in 1942.

Cheers,

JagdMailer

jagdmailer
02-02-2004, 09:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jagdmailer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUPERAEREO:
Sorry to be a spoilsport, but AFAIK absolutely NO Italian Fiat G.50 were ever present in Russia and the only fighter types used by the Italian Expeditionary Corps were the Macchi C.200 and C.202.

The G.50 were used in Africa, Greece, the Balkans and on the Channel front, as well as in metropolitan Italy, but never on the Eastern Front.

The Cr.42 were present in the East, but only in the hands of Hungarian pilots, who also flew Reggiane Re.2000's.

Shouldn't we wait for the C.202 to appear, just for the sake of historical accuracy..?

S!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seperaereo,

Thanks for correcting me on that, I was under the impression that the G.50s from the Balkans moved over to the USSR after the Balkan campaign.

Having said that, I think the same crew working on the Mc 202/205 cockpit are actually working on a flyable Mc. 200, although I have not seen an update in a while on that one. I think they were the 2fat2kill/SternJager/Dux-1 team......Maybe someone else interested and in the know can confirm/infirm.

In that case, we could start the campaign on Mc. 200 then move unto the Mc 202 in 1942.

Cheers,

JagdMailer<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, it looks like Radek was working on it.

Anyone having any updates from Radek ??

JagdMailer

SUPERAEREO
02-02-2004, 09:24 AM
I only felt I should make a precisation for the sake of historical correctness, Jagdmailer.

Should the G.50 be the only Italian plane available (with the Cr.42), I would have no problems in "tweaking" history a bit and flying an Italian campaign!!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

269GA-Pag
02-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Hi all, I would add some informations on Italian involvement in Russian theatre... I have them posted some months ago, but I think it's interesting anyway, hoping that eventually we can fly some of these aircrafts http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
And, of course, I've not lost all my hopes to fly a Mediterranean sim (is the only theatre never reproduced on a sim! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif , even if all the most famous aircraft were utilized in that theatre: Spitfire, Me109, P-51, P-38, A-36, P-40/47, P-39, FW190, F-4F, and obviously all italian types)...
OK, here some informations on italian operations in Russia:
from august 1941 to may 1942
22? Gruppo Caccia (Fighter Group) with Squadriglie 359a, 362a, 369a e 371a equipped with 51 Macchi C.200
from may/june 1942 to february 1943
21? Gruppo Caccia with Squadriglie 356a, 382a, 386a and (later) 361a equipped with 32 Macchi C.200; in september 12 Macchi C.202 were assigned to the Group (the four Squadriglia had tree aircraft each)
During 18 months from august 1941 to january 1943, in 6.361 combat sorties the C.200s claimed 88 russian aircraft shot down, with the loss of 15 C.200 (no kills and losses creditet to C.202). As the author of "Courage Alone", Chris Dunning, said "A creditable performance for an open-cockpit fighter in the Russian autumn and winter". (but the Russian too have aircrafts with an open cockpit...)
Others italian aircraft involved in Russian campaign are:
32 Caproni Ca.311/312 from 61? and (later) 71? Gruppo OA Osservazione Aerea (Reconnaissance), but also with "light strike" duties
12 FIAT BR.20 (71? Gruppo OA) bombardament duties
10 Savoia Marchetti S.81, 1 Savoia Marchetti S.82 and 3 Caproni Ca.133 for transpor duties

Bye all
Pag

SUPERAEREO
02-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Thank you Pagooro.

And I could not agree more about the Med, it really would be a sim that would make many people happy, but it looks like we will have to hope and wait... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

S!

LeadSpitter_
02-02-2004, 05:44 PM
I would like to see the italian theater in the game, ther germans were only there for a short period of time and the units were moved to invade russia. for malta we need the bf110 flyable badly

G.50 was suppost to be compairable to the p51B 190A but corruption and poor training made the pilots very unorganized and not do well in a aircraft of equal performance,

also another interesting thing is italian pilots didnt have a status from enemy aircraft shotdown. I also read the hurricane was no match for the highly manuverable Cr.42 and on most occasions wouldnt engauge them except when the hurricanes out numbered the falco.

We also would need the 3 engine italian bomber Savoia-Marchetti S.M.79, i remember seeing one almost finished on il2center / netwings but you can never tell whats going to make it and whats not over there many models get abandoned

other campaigns that would interest me is BOB all we need is the spitfire mk1a, flyable bf110 ju88 and british defiant and a dover map.

North africa same thing we just need a map which would be the easiest map to create flat dessert.



http://www.geocities.com/leadspittersig/LSIG.txt
VIEW MY PAINTSCHEMES HERE (http://www.il2skins.com/?planeidfilter=all&planefamilyfilter=all&screenshotfilter=allskins&countryidfilter=all&authoridfilter=%3ALeadspitter%3A&historicalidfilter=all&Submit=+++Apply+filters++&action=list&ts=1072257400)

Extreme_One
02-03-2004, 06:30 AM
The guys who have done the French, Romanian and Japanese campaign folders have nearly finished the Italian one too... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

S! Simon
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''
Download the RAF campaign folder here (http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten_Battles/Missions/index-9.html).

Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten_Battles/Missions/index-9.html). *NEW* Updated for FB 1.21

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/raf_sig.jpg

F19_Olli72
02-03-2004, 06:42 AM
Im interested in hearing more about the performance of the G.50. Its a very nice looking plane, and im happy its becoming flyable http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Would it be wrong to assume it was manouvrable but lacking in armour, armament and speed just like most of the earlier Italian planes? Ive read the Luftwaffe pilots didnt like it. If anyone has any links about performance or any other info by all means post them. Thanks.

269GA-Veltro
02-03-2004, 08:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
G.50 was suppost to be compairable to the p51B 190A but corruption and poor training made the pilots very unorganized and not do well in a aircraft of equal performance,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

???????????????????????????

Sorry probably i've not understood but.....G 50 what? Like P 51B or Fw 190!!!???? G 50 was only a good fling-school airplane...but it wasn't good for the war. High manouvrability, as usual for the our fighters, but with a very poor armament...ridiculous.
Cr 42 is different, it was an old aircraft but probably the best in its category.

269GA~Veltro
http://ourworld.cs.com/VeltroF/mc202tav4.jpg

jagdmailer
02-03-2004, 09:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Veltro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
G.50 was suppost to be compairable to the p51B 190A but corruption and poor training made the pilots very unorganized and not do well in a aircraft of equal performance,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

???????????????????????????

Sorry probably i've not understood but.....G 50 what? Like P 51B or Fw 190!!!???? G 50 was only a good fling-school airplane...but it wasn't good for the war. High manouvrability, as usual for the our fighters, but with a very poor armament...ridiculous.
Cr 42 is different, it was an old aircraft but probably the best in its category.

269GA~Veltro
http://ourworld.cs.com/VeltroF/mc202tav4.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep....that one was funny.......

G.50 was decent aircraft, holding its own against 1938 aircrafts and that is probably about it. However, I am still going to give it a try, and it would be fun to have it as part of a campaign. It is fun to be the underdog sometimes. I think it should be OK against Hurricane, P-40, Lagg-1 & Lagg-3, Mig-3, I-16 and so forth. Forget about the P-51B or Fw190A......http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

What about Radek's Mc 200 ?? Anyone in the "know" ??

Jagd

269GA-Veltro
02-03-2004, 10:12 AM
MC 200 BY Radek? Probably one of the best FB 3D model...really incredible, i love it.

MC 202 cockpit needs some textures but it will be completed very soon. We have time again........ When it will be completed, probably Andrea and Sternjager will work on MC 200 cockpit, the same of MC 202 but with different struts.

269GA~Veltro
http://ourworld.cs.com/VeltroF/mc202tav4.jpg

Abraxa
02-03-2004, 10:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:


G.50 was suppost to be compairable to the p51B 190A but corruption and poor training made the pilots very unorganized and not do well in aaircraft of equal performance,



<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you are referring to the G55, one of the 3 series 5 fighters. The G50 was an early war aircraft. It performed quite poorly and was soon used for ground attacks only.
On the contrary, the G55 was very good as a high altitude interceptor and it performed very well it the hands of the Italian pilots of the ANR.

BBB_Abraxa

269GA-Veltro
02-03-2004, 10:49 AM
FIAT G 50 "Freccia"
http://ourworld.cs.com/VeltroF/fiat_g50_finlandese.jpg

FIAT G 55/56 "Centauro"
http://ourworld.cs.com/VeltroF/fiat_g56_mm537_set44_torino.jpg

269GA~Veltro
http://ourworld.cs.com/VeltroF/mc202tav4.jpg