PDA

View Full Version : While waiting for 4.01, may I suggest:

PBNA-Boosher
06-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Take the IAR series up for a spin. I'm getting to love the IAR-80. It's got peashooters, for sure, but it can maneuver like the devil! If you place enough hits in the right places, just like any plane, it can fight well. I also like the gunsight dimmer's animation, WAY cool!

carguy_
06-09-2005, 08:47 AM
PFFFT you n00b!Try to fly 81c succesfuly against `42 VVS you`ll get a medal.

Genie-
06-09-2005, 08:50 AM
well then you maybe have to try to fight with LaGG 3 or even MiG-3 or Yak.. and then you would find that you can't outmaneuver them or out climb or out run or out dive them.

it ish machine that you can fly 400 kmh if in level flight if you are extremely lucky.. and if you need to get some alt while in combat.. well.. good luck.

you have only chance if there are two of you on comms against one average pilot. Because you can be boom n zoomed with I-16 in this peace of *peep*

Von_Zero
06-09-2005, 10:54 AM
actually the 80 can outmanuver migs, Laggs and yaks (a little harder). The yak-1 for example is only 10km/h faster. It can dive better than any of them, and about flying at 400km/h... that's actually the cruise speed... I've flown it like a billion time till now, so don't tell me what is capable of... all i can see in your post is just a big whine, grow up and learn to fly... :|

PBNA-Boosher
06-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Thank you for backing me up Von Zero. Try it guys, you just might like it.

AVG_WarHawk
06-09-2005, 12:29 PM
Pay no attention to Carguy. He's just warming up for his post patch whinathon.

carguy_
06-09-2005, 12:33 PM
LOL only the earliest of IARs can maneuver with VVS planes.

You guys seem to ignore later IAR models.

Von_Zero
06-09-2005, 01:05 PM
carguy the 81a and 81c are indeed more difficult to fly than the 80, the 81c is on the other hand very good against bombers but 2 pilots on comms, that know how to fly it can be almost imposible to beat by a single pilot or an uncoordinated team. I personally don't like the 81a because i can't stand the balistics of the mg-131 (wich btw shouldn't be, we should have different mg's). The bomb rack on them is also a big factor (in RL it was removed on most of the planes). To give a general description... fly it like an Emil, but use the fact that you can turn a little with it. the weapons are powerfull enough to take out a target from the first pass (81c), so with a little concentration it wouldn't be that hard to use http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif