PDA

View Full Version : TIR tactics question...

p-11.cAce
08-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Actually this is a question in two parts - and I hope everyone will be honest here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif
When flying on a server which is not full real I often fly the combat portion of the flight in WW view (I know boo hiss and all that) because I believe it has advantages over the cockpit view if others have the same option. Do you think this is true? Secondly - while in ww view I fly like cr@p because a) I don't use it offline where I usually fly and b) I lose track of what the a/c is doing when the reticle is out of view - so assuming you are in ww view do you visually lock onto the target and then steer the reticle onto it or do you stay with the sight and just glance at your target until they are both in the same view? Also what zoom level to you use online - I like to be zoomed all the way out but is this a disadvantage?

BrotherVoodoo
08-22-2006, 08:03 AM
S!
I have the same trouble with WW view and TIR. You could try to disable TIR while in this view and use your had to look around. Unfortunatley this view with TIR ruins the immersion for me. It sounds like the only reason you are doing this is to have an even playing field and I don't blame you for that. I found myself doing the same thing for awhile cause it seems that all of the 4.04 servers run WW views, but it was just not as fun (immersive) as being in the pit. I just ponied up for 4.05 a couple days ago just so I can play on the full real servers.

Crash_Moses
08-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Boo hiss and all that...

I need the cockpit reference to keep track of what the plane is doing. I think the only advantage WWV would give me would be finding the enemy. Once located I'd probably switch back to cockpit view.

I fly zoomed out most of the time and then zoom in when I'm on someones tail.