PDA

View Full Version : (Spoiler possibly?) "The Key memory" idea

jd55513
10-23-2011, 10:53 AM
So i was wondering about what memory Desmond was looking for and it kind've hit me that when i read the game summary:

"Upon being forced to stab his ally Lucy Stillman, Desmond Miles has fallen into a coma, and has been returned to the Animus to maintain his consciousness. There, he falls into an Animus back door called the Black Room, where he hopes to reassemble his shattered mind - and therefore reawaken from the coma - by locating a key memory connecting himself, Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad and Ezio Auditore da Firenze together."

Wouldnt the memory just be Ezio concieving a child with Sofia since then he would transfer his genitic memorys of altair and then his memorys to the child?

xx-pyro
10-23-2011, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't take the description as completely literal, it's probably just a dumbed down way to explain to people what's going on if it's their first buy, or if they aren't really big fans who follow forums/news updates and sort of have a better understanding of Desmond's job (finding the Nexus between the three, etc.)

Assuming it is literal, then no I would have to disagree on your choice of memory. I would assume the memory would be Desmond seeing Ezio seeing Altair who is showing them both something (my personal guess is a meeting with Jupiter,) and that's what Desmond needed.

jd55513
10-23-2011, 10:59 AM
that could also be very plausible as seeing yet another important message from TOCB

ShaneO7K
10-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Altair and Ezio are not of the same bloodline, so when he has the child that leads to Desmond Altairs memories would not be passed on.

jd55513
10-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Actually no one a site with an interview the creative director i believe stated they WERE NOT the same family but family reltives ezio is a decendent of altair and desmond is a decendent of of ezio which is why ezio can see altair memories

ShaneO7K
10-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by jd55513:
Actually no one a site with an interview the creative director i believe stated they WERE NOT the same family but family reltives ezio is a decendent of altair and desmond is a decendent of of ezio which is why ezio can see altair memories

It's been confirmed that they are from different sides of Desmonds bloodline and are not directly related.

Ezio can see Altairs memories because of the Seals or keys that he stored them in.

RzaRecta357
10-23-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm pretty sure this key moment will be pretty big and Desmond will step out of the animus in a newfound badass way.

He'll also learn things that two of the greatest mentors knew. Things that have probably been lost since the Daniel Cross thing.

Steww-
10-23-2011, 02:56 PM
If it's a single memory that connects them, I think it will be the moment when all three become aware of each other.

When Ezio starts playing the seals, I can see him begin to understand his role to Desmond.

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Maybe they'll meet each other...
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Just wondering the testicle... xD

EDIT:So if this happens...maybe:
Desmonds follows Ezio and Altair Lifes using the animus.
(just keep using the same method)
Ezio -> Altair and Desmond; we know he follows Altair and since minerva said "Desmond" to Ezio it was really cool that Ezio could see Desmond.
Altair -> Ezio and Desmond; Altair saw EVERYTHING wth the help of the apple so i assume he knows about Ezio and Desmond

Lol, actually this is quite possible, because with the existence of TWCB keys/tools maybe theres another "tool" that let u interact with past and future.
ALSO, TWCB are dead but they still have contact with Altair, Ezio and Desmond.

LightRey
10-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by r4inm4n1991:
Maybe they'll meet each other...
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Maybe a third dimension...this theory seems silly but you get the point...

Just wondering the testicle... xD

EDIT:So if this happens...maybe:
Desmonds follows Ezio and Altair Lifes using the animus.
(just keep using the same method)
Ezio -> Altair and Desmond; we know he follows Altair but since minerva said "Desmond" to Ezio it was really cool that Ezio could see Desmond.
Altair -> Ezio; Altair saw EVERYTHING so i assume he knows about Ezio and Desmond

Lol, actually this is quite possible, because with the existence of TWCB keys/tools maybe theres another "tool" that let u see past and future of your generations.
ALSO, TWCB are dead but they still have contact with Altair, Ezio and Desmond.
A third dimension? What exactly do you mean with that, cuz there have been 3 from the very start.

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
A third dimension? What exactly do you mean with that, cuz there have been 3 from the very start.
I keep editing my post because a lot of ideas are coming to my head, if you see a possible theory with my ideas say them to me, i might let something escape.

LightRey
10-23-2011, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I keep editing my post because a lot of ideas are coming to my head, if you see a possible theory with my ideas say them to me, i might let something escape. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, but I'm not so much commenting on your theory, but more on talking about a "third dimension". There's already 3 of them in regular day-to-day life.

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r4inm4n1991:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I keep editing my post because a lot of ideas are coming to my head, if you see a possible theory with my ideas say them to me, i might let something escape. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, but I'm not so much commenting on your theory, but more on talking about a "third dimension". There's already 3 of them in regular day-to-day life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My bad, guess thats not the name for it.
I was tryng to say that maybe they could have a tool that breaks Time/Space so that they can interact with anyone and anywhere at anytime.
I thought 3rd dimension was that, guess i was wrong need to be less ignorant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LightRey
10-23-2011, 05:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r4inm4n1991:
Yeah, but I'm not so much commenting on your theory, but more on talking about a "third dimension". There's already 3 of them in regular day-to-day life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My bad, guess thats not the name for it.
I was tryng to say that maybe they could have a tool that breaks Time/Space so that they can interact with anyone and anywhere at anytime.
I thought 3rd dimension was that, guess i was wrong need to be less ignorant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't worry, it's quite a common misconception. (Spacial) dimensions are the perpendicular lines one can plot through space. Since in our space there is a maximum of 3 lines that can be plotted perpendicular to each other, our space is 3-dimensional (it has length, width and depth). Time is often also referred to as a (fourth) dimension, but it's different from spacial dimensions.

There's often some confusion with the term, because of the Many Worlds theory, which suggests that there's a fourth dimension of space in which an infinite amount of 3-dimensional "layers" of worlds are stacked, ours being one of these worlds. The confusion came when people started referring to these worlds as dimensions.

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Well, i think i can say this here. Hope im not too much off-topic.
I read the codex pages a couple of days ago and Altair says that the Apple asks one thing in return for her "services": CONTROL.
Altair used it plenty of times.
Ezio used it some times.
Desmond used it(used it?) only one time and got controlled in the moment.
Why?
Am i forgetting something?

Sarari
10-23-2011, 06:06 PM
So does this mean that Altair, Ezio, and Desmond will meet face to face in the Animus Black Room??? SWEET!!!!

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
So does this mean that Altair, Ezio, and Desmond will meet face to face in the Animus Black Room??? SWEET!!!!

HAHA no.
Its just a theory i wanted to share, because i think something i said might show up later in the game, something similar.
My theory overall is a little "too easy".
Of course the story will take another path but i believe that desmond will say "Good Bye" to his teachers in a cool way. i wish he would.

Sarari
10-23-2011, 06:14 PM
You know how sad I'd be if he had to say bye to both Ezio and Altair?? I'd cry for like a week straight http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
You know how sad I'd be if he had to say bye to both Ezio and Altair?? I'd cry for like a week straight http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

If it happens, it means Ezio and Altair already said good bye to each other in the past including Desmond. At least Ezio heard about Desmond and Altair. :P
Altair knows everything, which i assume he knows about Ezio and Desmond.
And Desmond lives their lifes in the animus.
I really hope they say goodbye too each other in some way.

SirRaelix
10-24-2011, 12:17 PM
That is a good question. I never really thought about what it was the connected them all. It could be anything, it could be a memory that connects Desmond, Ezio, and Altiar to the same mission or something along those lines. It could be what connects them mentally, or physically, or something completely off the wall crazy that none of us will ever guess.