PDA

View Full Version : Arab Spring in the AC universe

Eregost
12-04-2011, 08:45 AM
This hasn't been covered in the games so far because it only started this year and Revelations' Animus sequences only cover Desmond's life. But do you think the Assassins or the Templars had a hand in it? What are their views on it and reactions to it? Speculate away!

Sarari
12-04-2011, 08:48 AM
1. Arab spring? I don't know what that means but if it's an insult to Arabians I suggest you remove that.

2. What exactly are you talking about in this thread? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Eregost
12-04-2011, 08:50 AM
lol is it too hard to google it if you don't know what it is? Look it up yourself before jumping to conclusions.

rileypoole1234
12-04-2011, 09:03 AM
I Googled it but I still don't really know what you're talking about. It's too modern to be in AC I think. They could say it for a second but I don't really see a reason to include it.

Eregost
12-04-2011, 09:09 AM
How can you not know what it is? It's been all over the news. It's the demonstrations and democratic revolutions that have taken place in arab countries this year. And it isn't too modern to be in AC, AC takes place in the year 2012 and everything before that which happens in the real world, happens in the AC universe as well. This thread's purpose is for speculation surrounding the event in the AC universe and the questions I asked.

rileypoole1234
12-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Okay. It happened in the AC Universe then. That doesn't mean it has to be in an AC game. I don't see a reason to have it.

Eregost
12-04-2011, 09:29 AM
I didn't say it has to be in an AC game. What I said is that it hasn't been covered yet while other international events have been in the form of glyphs etc. So this gives us room on speculate on how things went down in the AC universe regarding the Arab Spring. If you have nothing constructive to say, don't post.

killzab
12-04-2011, 09:43 AM
I can't believe people don't know what the arab spring is

RzaRecta357
12-04-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm to lazy to google it right now. But TC wants a discussion about who the templars might be and what not in the same vein the glyphs were with different world leaders and stuff.

Cool idea, I'll read about it and post later.

KillTemplars
12-04-2011, 06:15 PM
The AC2 glyphs basically show the entire world in revolution.

I'd also be interested in knowing al Qaeda's role in Assassin's Creed, as they seem to be the ultimate winners in the arab uprisings.

Eregost
12-04-2011, 06:31 PM
How so?

ACSineQuaNon
12-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Thread derailed by a more important question (no offense OP):

How are some people still not aware of the Arab Spring?

rileypoole1234
12-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by ACSineQuaNon:
Thread derailed by a more important question (no offense OP):

How are some people still not aware of the Arab Spring?

When I saw this thread I thought it was some water spring in a middle eastern country.

Assassin_M
12-04-2011, 10:07 PM
This thread is just......... sad http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

PhiIs1618033
12-05-2011, 03:22 AM
Seriously, guys? You don't know what the Arab Spring means?

Stop playing videogames and read the news. I'm not joking. Go do it now.

LightRey
12-05-2011, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
Seriously, guys? You don't know what the Arab Spring means?

Stop playing videogames and read the news. I'm not joking. Go do it now.
Keep in mind that the term "Arab Spring" is a term generally only used in English-speaking countries, so people like me who live in Europe wouldn't have heard of it much (though I do know the term). I would also like to point out that said term is by far not the only term used to describe the events in the Middle East and I'm also quite sure that there are many American news stations that are trying to avoid the subject altogether.

eagleforlife1
12-05-2011, 04:42 AM
I watch the news regularly but I have never heard of Arab Spring.

ScytheOfGrim
12-05-2011, 05:26 AM
Fox?

eagleforlife1
12-05-2011, 05:37 AM
No, BBC.

Assassin_M
12-05-2011, 06:26 AM
I believe that the Arab Spring is an Assassin Plan, Preparated by the higher ups of the Assassins, as a final Resort to remove the Powerful Templar heads in the region.
USA saw its perfect balance of Power in the Middle east slowly crumbling, and thus began to formulate a new plan, help remove Gaddafi, a fellow templar, to gain some love, and also because he was becoming a bit too insane. So they Kill Gaddafi for his Insanity and take an Apple of Eden from him.
They couldnt eliminate Mubarak however as he was far more important and strategical than Gaddafi, so instead of a Revolution in Egypt, they give Gaddafi`s Apple to the Supreme Council of Armed forces in Egypt to stage a Military Coup yet make it appear as though it was the people who finally toppled Mubarak. So they removed The name, Mubarak, but ultimately kept the Regime "Mubarak" in the guise of the Supreme council of Armed forces.

deadly_thought
12-05-2011, 08:21 AM
fox bbc cnn al jazeera al arabiya just about every news station on the planet its called the arab spring a wave of revolutions sweeping the region that whole gaddafi thing ring any bells? hes dead now you know

eagleforlife1
12-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by deadly_thought:
fox bbc cnn al jazeera al arabiya just about every news station on the planet its called the arab spring a wave of revolutions sweeping the region that whole gaddafi thing ring any bells? hes dead now you know

I know Gaddafi is dead. I have just never heard of the term Arab Spring. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

LightRey
12-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by deadly_thought:
Eh, no it's not. Dutch TV stations never use English terms to describe anything and the term "Arabische Lente" (Dutch for Arab Spring) is at best only used in translations.

Eregost
12-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
I believe that the Arab Spring is an Assassin Plan, Preparated by the higher ups of the Assassins, as a final Resort to remove the Powerful Templar heads in the region.
USA saw its perfect balance of Power in the Middle east slowly crumbling, and thus began to formulate a new plan, help remove Gaddafi, a fellow templar, to gain some love, and also because he was becoming a bit too insane. So they Kill Gaddafi for his Insanity and take an Apple of Eden from him.
They couldnt eliminate Mubarak however as he was far more important and strategical than Gaddafi, so instead of a Revolution in Egypt, they give Gaddafi`s Apple to the Supreme Council of Armed forces in Egypt to stage a Military Coup yet make it appear as though it was the people who finally toppled Mubarak. So they removed The name, Mubarak, but ultimately kept the Regime "Mubarak" in the guise of the Supreme council of Armed forces.

Lol good one.

LightRey
12-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Eregost:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

Lol good one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not a joke. He is of course speaking within the context of the AC universe.

Eregost
12-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eregost:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

Lol good one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not a joke. He is of course speaking within the context of the AC universe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No way captain obvious! Thanks for pointing it out. I totally didn't know that, despite being the one to create this thread.

LightRey
12-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Eregost:
No way captian obvious! Thanks for pointing it out.
You seemed to take it as a joke. If you didn't, it's quite a rude way of showing you disagree.

PhiIs1618033
12-06-2011, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Eh, no it's not. Dutch TV stations never use English terms to describe anything and the term "Arabische Lente" (Dutch for Arab Spring) is at best only used in translations.
I don't know, but what stations do you watch? Because I've heard and seen the term 'Arabische Lente' plenty of times.

killzab
12-06-2011, 05:10 AM
Mentioning the arab spring would be a TERRIBLE idea. We don't have enough hindsight to fully understand these events. Worst idea EVER !

LightRey
12-06-2011, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I don't know, but what stations do you watch? Because I've heard and seen the term 'Arabische Lente' plenty of times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Aside from NOS journaal, just everything that pops up on google news. I'm not saying they never use the term, but I am saying that it's generally only used when they're referring to what someone else said.

chock-o-nuts
12-06-2011, 11:55 AM
quote:
Aside from NOS journaal, just everything that pops up on google news. I'm not saying they never use the term, but I am saying that it's generally only used when they're referring to what someone else said.

i think you didn't pay much attention the news, they use 'arabische lente' frequently...

back on topic, it would fit in the plan of the assassins to free people of dictators, but in the game they take out the leaders instead of making the people stand up against them...

KillTemplars
12-06-2011, 04:00 PM
You can easily trace the money, support, training, supplying, and people involved and see that the whole uprising was created by the USA and NATO. Many of the uprising countries have/had Russia and Chinese interests.

The whole thing speaks to me of proxy war to muscle out China and Russia. And having western friendly governments installed speaks of western (or Templar) conquest.

Example - Syria contains the only Russian naval base in the entire Mediterranean. Iran has Russian built nuclear sites and supplies Chinese oil. And Chinese companies were very active in Libya and other overthrown countries.

My question again goes back to al Qaeda. Qaddafi said the whole time that the rebels he was fighting were actually al Qaeda. He has been proven correct as the al Qaeda flag now flies over Tripoli after a NATO bombing campaign. So the question is why have the USA/NATO and al Qaeda now joined forces?

Also look at Obama's recent move to send troops to Australia, and China modernizing it's forces with stealth jets, advanced missiles and aircraft carriers. All moves on the world war 3 grand chess board.

apresmode
12-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Tunis
Spring has come Part I
A cable has been released detailing a Templar conversation condemning some of their fellows' decadent ways. They are worried this will weaken the strong hold they have had over the country for decades. Make sure the people know how they have been mistreated.

Spring has come Part II
Our efforts to raise awareness of the Templar's lust for power has been successful. There is tension in the air. We have gotten word that a humble produce vendor has been having problems with the local Templar police. Make sure he is ok and does not do anything rash.

Spring has come Part III
We were too late, and have failed. Mohamed Bouazizi has killed himself by lighting himself on fire in public. Make sure that his sacrifice was not in vain. The time has come to retake the city.

SenethSomed
12-06-2011, 09:26 PM
The al Qaeda flag does not fly over anywhere in Libya. Please don't spread lies.

Better explanation here. (http://www.juancole.com/2011/11/no-that-wasnt-an-al-qaeda-flag-over-benghazi.html)

ScytheOfGrim
12-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by KillTemplars:
You can easily trace the money, support, training, supplying, and people involved and see that the whole uprising was created by the USA and NATO. Many of the uprising countries have/had Russia and Chinese interests.

The whole thing speaks to me of proxy war to muscle out China and Russia. And having western friendly governments installed speaks of western (or Templar) conquest.

It's almost the exact opposite.

If you knew anything of the leaders in the region, you'd know they were the best friends of the USA, despite their public blabbering.

These revolutions are a total surprise to the Western powers, and has sent them running amok frantically trying to control who seizes power next.

But this thread ain't about that. Anywho. Just sayin'.

killzab
12-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Your arguement is the proof that mentioning the arab spring in AC would be extremely naive and stupid as we just don't know enough.

Assassin_M
12-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by killzab:
Your arguement is the proof that mentioning the arab spring in AC would be extremely naive and stupid as we just don't know enough.
How much did you know about the renaissance ?
about the crusades ? or about the Philadelphia incident ?
You should drop your argument, and admit that its a only a small percentage of people who dont know about the arab spring..

LightRey
12-07-2011, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by KillTemplars:

Example - Syria contains the only Russian naval base in the entire Mediterranean. Iran has Russian built nuclear sites and supplies Chinese oil. And Chinese companies were very active in Libya and other overthrown countries.

My question again goes back to al Qaeda. Qaddafi said the whole time that the rebels he was fighting were actually al Qaeda. He has been proven correct as the al Qaeda flag now flies over Tripoli after a NATO bombing campaign. So the question is why have the USA/NATO and al Qaeda now joined forces?

Also look at Obama's recent move to send troops to Australia, and China modernizing it's forces with stealth jets, advanced missiles and aircraft carriers. All moves on the world war 3 grand chess board.
Lol, you actually believe what Gaddafi said?

killzab
12-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killzab:
How much did you know about the renaissance ?
about the crusades ? or about the Philadelphia incident ?
You should drop your argument, and admit that its a only a small percentage of people who dont know about the arab spring.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't understand what I said. I meant that we don't have enough hindsight into the event, and all its consequences, even if we've followed the news. Renaissance was 500 years ago, we have all the information we can on it. And I knew a lot about Renaissance and the crusade before AC2. I've been to school you know.