PDA

View Full Version : Questions for those who have the game.

adarwinter
03-16-2008, 08:31 AM
i figred a lot of us has some of these questions and instead of every few ppl starting a thread of "i got the game. i can tell inside info" than all the info and questions should be concentrated.

heres mine -

ADAR 1) can u tell if theenemy or friendly AI has improved? how does it behave in story and TH modes? any sign of anything better?

adar 2) how many MP maps are there total? some sayed 13 total. some said 13 new maps. no one knows for certain.

adar 3) how is the TH mode improved? hows the spawning mechanics? can u play stealthy in the TH mode? do tangos patrol or only stand put?

adar 4) how many of the new weapons are unlocked right out of the box?

that is all for now. i hope someone who has the game will answer...

deftones_rock
03-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Happy to answer.

1) AI doesn't seem much different to me intelligence wise, but you can tell the difference in skill level from various people. Your friendly AI is not much better. They will sometimes not follow your commands. Like if you tell them to take cover in a certain location you sometimes have to make them follow you before you can move them to a new location. Doesn't happen a lot, but it is annoying when it does happen. One cool thing about your team mates now is that you can order them throw a smoke grenade, flash bang, or frag grenade, at any time, but it is limited to 10 of each grenade.

2)I haven't been online with it yet so I'm not sure if there are more maps that you can play in online. I noticed for local terroist hunt there was no streets level, but I've heard it is in the game. I thinkg there are about 10 or 11 maps that you can play offline terrorist hunt on.

3)I don't really know the maps well enough to answer this. I will say that on one map called 'Villa' there was one part of the map where all of the terrorists rushed me (kinda like the dumpster of presidio). I didn't see any terrorists actually spawn in front of me, but it might happen.

4)Not many weapons are unlocked right away. I have unlocked a few already so I don't remember how many you start with. I think it's about 2 AR's, 3 Sub machine guns, 2 shotguns, 2 LMG's, and 3 pistols. One thing that is weird is that you unlock the DEagle before the Raging bull or Glock this time around.

Any other questions let me know, I'll be back and forth between playing the game and checking these boards for the day.

WannabeCheney
03-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Hey I have a question too.

Do all the guns sound the same? As in the new guns borrowing sounds from the old ones?

deftones_rock
03-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Actually no, the M468 and the FNC sound awesome. I'm a big fan of the M468 so far.

spartanofshadow
03-16-2008, 09:43 AM
I have a question. What are the new armor types?

kkkkkkkkkkkkk
03-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Does the game have split-screen online play?

(meaning if 2 people can play online from the same console)

adarwinter
03-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by kkkkkkkkkkkkk:
Does the game have split-screen online play?

(meaning if 2 people can play online from the same console)

deftones already stated in another thread that there is no online splitscreen. only offline.

thanks for the answers, deftones_rock! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif one more for now -

adar 5) deftone - in TH mode does the tangos immediatly know where the player (and his teammates) is (like in vegas1) or are the oblivious until they hear a sound? can using silencers in TH mode help u sneak around? (one of the major complaints was that silencers were useless since tangos alway knew where the player was).

deftones_rock
03-16-2008, 09:51 AM
From what I saw there are no new armor types, but the old ones are a lot more detailed. I don't know if there is split screen online since i haven't been online yet, but my guess is no.

deftones_rock
03-16-2008, 09:53 AM
I haven't played enough TH or used a silencer to answer this fully. I know that on a few maps that I did play with out a silencer that I did seem to get rushed by the terrorists. I'm about to go play some more right now so I'll try some TH with a silencer and get back to you guys in a bit.

VeryFluffy
03-16-2008, 10:21 AM
I got a chance to try the game at a friend's house. And I took a bunch of random notes. I'll just post all my notes here, they may answer some of your questions. Note that I only tried a bit of the campaign and mostly played t-hunt (I didn't wanna play too much of the campaign before I get my own copy)

Beware, wall of text incoming :P

-Loading times are definitely drastically improved.
-If terrorist hunt is any indication, multiplayer graphics looks MUCH nicer than in Vegas 1.
-You can manually tell AI teammates to use grenades at any time. Definitely a HUGE improvement. (AI can use frag or smoke while in assault, and flash or smoke while in infiltrate)
-The random super-high firerate while firing from cover is fixed
-Hard to tell, but it seems they haven't fixed the exploit where you can fire from cover without exposing yourself (in other words, the bullets seems to spawn from the player's camera, not the player's position).
-Ironsights seems to be handled the same as in Vegas 1 (no accuracy bonus)
-Terrorist hunt seems to use the same system as in Vegas 1 where they'll periodically spawn as you move through the map. I haven't seen any AI spawn directly in the line of sight or very close to me. The AI seems to be roughly the same, not awful but they're stupid at times (I played t-hunt on killhouse and they had a tendency to keep rapelling towards me even though that made them stupidly easy targets) Still fun to play though.
-Each story and t-hunt map now shows what difficulties you've completed it on
-You still can't use all gadgets in singleplayer or coop (you won't have access to the map at all in terrorist hunt)
-I dunno if the shield is still super powerful in singleplayer and coop, you have to go through the entire assault ACES rank to unlock the shield.
-Already well known, but worth mentioning is that you can use AI teammates when playing t-hunt singleplayer. Definitely makes it more fun when playing it alone. And hopefully makes it more feasible to complete it on realistic without depending on the almighty shield.
-Thankfully, there's new enemy voices. I could still hear the same old annoying voice, but he's not the one you hear 90% of the time.
-Smoke grenades and thermal visions works the same as in Vegas 1. Which means smoke grenades will probably still remain useless in multiplayer.
-Not much new gear. New items seems to be mostly headgear.
-After playing some more t-hunt I noticed one potentially big change. I tried to do a stealthy approach, used a silencer and slowly walked through the trainyard level. I could actually see enemies merely standing around and I killed them without alerting anyone else. In Vegas 1, the AI would always mindlessly rush towards me, but it seems that's not always the case in Vegas 2 (although it still happens :P) (unfortunately, you can't mirror under doors, but t-hunt still seems a lot more fun than in Vegas 1)
-Worthwhile lesson: Paperthin walls is not effective cover :P
-Weapons has a new nice shiny effect. And there's defintely some other graphical improvements. Still looks a whole lot like Vegas 1 though.
-You can pick up enemy weapons but they won't become unlocked that way as in Vegas 1.
-Did I mention that being able to tell AI teammates to use grenades at any time is a major improvement? Well, it is. Super big improvement.
-I'm pretty darn sure I saw Streets in a recent gameplay video of Vegas 2, but it's not listed in the game.

-I didn't try multiplayer but I noticed on the multiplayer menu there's less modes to choose from. I was already aware survival modes are gone (Which isn't a big issue since deathmatch without respawns is the same as survival), but Retrieval is completely gone unfortunately. The new demolition mode is merely a part of the Attack & Defend mode. And the other 2 new modes are just tweaks of the modes which are added via DLC for Vegas 1. I suppose Ubisoft tried to go for quality instead of quantity when it comes to modes, but at a first glance it just seems like a worse selection than Vegas 1.

spartanofshadow
03-16-2008, 10:47 AM
omg now i cant wait for tuesday =D

adarwinter
03-16-2008, 11:24 AM
thank you veryfluffy!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

bornforhaze
03-16-2008, 11:24 AM
thx fluffy

Quadx112
03-16-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm glad there are less MP modes so certain modes are more populated. Thnx for the info fluffy.

Btw also an improvement as you could see in one video, when you throw smoke the grenade actually has a trail of smoke coming out of it when it flies trough the air, and the smoke is white. Which i like very very much.

VeryFluffy
03-16-2008, 11:48 AM
A few other things I just recalled.

-I don't think sprinting will affect the gameplay very much at all. You can't shoot while sprinting, your running speed is only increased with about 30-50% and you can only sprint for a few seconds before getting tired. So there's no worry that the game will become more run'n'gun or anything, it's a relatively minor addtion. I imagine the only use it'll have is quickly getting from cover to cover, or running from the spawn point to the objective faster.

-Covers you can shoot through is also something I'd call a relatively minor addition. It'll change the gameplay a bit but most covers are still completely solid so it's not as if you can use it at any time.

That is just speculation though. But I don't see the 2 above features changing the game very much. Which I personally think is a nice thing as it would mess up the gameplay if those 2 features dominated the general gameplay.

-The new "movement penalty" when aiming from cover feels like a very nice change. It actually gives you a reason to keep leaning out of cover instead of safely hiding all the time. The penalty also isn't that big, the crosshair is about 75% of its max size (compared to running) and it takes about 1/3 of a second for it to become perfectly accurate.

Xx_RTEK_xX
03-16-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm really happy they added sprinting. The character ran so slow in Vegas 1 unless you had no armour or minimal armour on. It was almost impossible to move from cover to cover with out taking alot of rounds from downrange.

DietzNL
03-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Terrorist hunt seems to use the same system as in Vegas 1 where they'll periodically spawn as you move through the map. I haven't seen any AI spawn directly in the line of sight or very close to me.

Sadly I did see them spawn in line of sight.
Even some were spawning close to my teammates.
But until now I only seen it happen on the Mudertown map.
But I still do like it on realistic.
The are very aggresive and running very quick.

adarwinter
03-16-2008, 01:24 PM
DO TANGOS SPRINT TOO?
i never thought about this but does the AI use the new sprint move? i can only guess that "no" but im curious...

nhl19
03-16-2008, 04:31 PM
hows the realism, do the bodys dissapear instantly, or do they stay for awhile like in RSV?

xHoGGx
03-16-2008, 04:35 PM
From the strat Guide looks like 13 maps. Streets is exclusive to the 360 it looks like and it has to be downloaded by using your ubi id. Go to ectras, and then exclusive content through the start menu. From there you be prompted to input or create a ubi id. Then streets will be availiable for download.

NPGoalie4Life
03-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Is there really a extended mag for assault rifles???

Xenoeclipse
03-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by NPGoalie4Life:
Is there really a extended mag for assault rifles???

yup. saw it on the live stream

adarwinter
03-17-2008, 04:35 AM
what are the options when setting up a terrorist hunt map?

-amount of terrorists
-difficulty level
-map name
-gear
-respawns
-with AIs or without

that's it? did i guess right?