PDA

View Full Version : OT i really, really HATE satellite INTERNET!

JRJacobs
12-17-2005, 10:44 PM
as posted elswhere
but i live 1/4 mile from the nearest neighbor and within a mile of my house there are only 14 people so they'll NEVER put dsl or cable out here.

i have starband 360 and one day the thing worked, then one month ago it didn't. spent hours with tech support, they said it was hardware.

called in their recommended installer @ $95/hr and they determined it was the modem. so they sell me a new-used 360 modem for $205, i bring it home, hook it up, talk to tech support and.... same problem

so installer takes modem back and gives me a new-used wave-horn/STARBAND TRANSMITTER ODU/LNB Receiver for Gilant Starband Satellite, i bring it home and... it's an in-line setup and mine is "J" shaped, even if i swap parts they're different offsets +150 vs -425 )know idea WHAT it means but they're different)

now to get the installer out here is more time @ $94/hr. so now i'd be into it for $400 , the $95/hr is non-refundable and the new-used parts may not be returnable and my wife won't let me spend any $$$ before Christmas AAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH .

sorry guys but i HAD to vent again 'cause it's STILL down

JRJacobs
12-17-2005, 10:44 PM
as posted elswhere
but i live 1/4 mile from the nearest neighbor and within a mile of my house there are only 14 people so they'll NEVER put dsl or cable out here.

i have starband 360 and one day the thing worked, then one month ago it didn't. spent hours with tech support, they said it was hardware.

called in their recommended installer @ $95/hr and they determined it was the modem. so they sell me a new-used 360 modem for $205, i bring it home, hook it up, talk to tech support and.... same problem

so installer takes modem back and gives me a new-used wave-horn/STARBAND TRANSMITTER ODU/LNB Receiver for Gilant Starband Satellite, i bring it home and... it's an in-line setup and mine is "J" shaped, even if i swap parts they're different offsets +150 vs -425 )know idea WHAT it means but they're different)

now to get the installer out here is more time @ $94/hr. so now i'd be into it for $400 , the $95/hr is non-refundable and the new-used parts may not be returnable and my wife won't let me spend any $$$ before Christmas AAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH .

sorry guys but i HAD to vent again 'cause it's STILL down

mortoma
12-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Sorry to hear that. I've heard that of all types of internet connections, satellite has the worse customer satisfaction of all of them. Now I know why. They should not charge you if it's their fault due to defective equipment. What a bunch of jerks. Plus they apparently stink at fixing it anyway.

Hydra444
12-17-2005, 11:34 PM
If its still down,how'd you post on the forum http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

GAU-8
12-18-2005, 02:44 AM
jeez hydra....

your smarter than that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif