PDA

View Full Version : When u change in game settings question?

ArielSharon1978
11-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Do u also have to make a copy of you ini config file and change it there?

If u change your pitch, yaw, and roll settings in the game menu does it not apply unless also changed in config settings?

ArielSharon1978
11-23-2004, 07:21 PM

If u change your pitch, yaw, and roll settings in the game menu does it not apply unless also changed in config settings?

Athosd
11-23-2004, 07:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ArielSharon1978:

If u change your pitch, yaw, and roll settings in the game menu does it not apply unless also changed in config settings? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no need to separately alter your conf.ini file when you change the controller axis settings in the game. The only reason to make a copy of your conf.ini file is for backup purposes (i.e to easily return to known settings).

If you do modify the conf.ini settings by editing the file manually the new settings will be shown in the games interface next time you play.

Cheers

Athos

ArielSharon1978
11-23-2004, 10:00 PM
But the changes i made in-game, aren;t reflected in my ini file. but they are maintained IN the game, so what is the hardware reading from the in game or the ini file?, if from the in-game then why ever change your ini file?

Tully__
11-24-2004, 01:11 AM
The ingame settings are a direct reflection of what's in the ini file. If your ini file isn't changing when you change the ingame settings, you're looking at the wrong ini file or the wrong part of the ini file.

Read the "Joysticks & FB" article linked under my sig picture for more information about the ini file and how it relates to ingame joystick setup.

Athosd
11-24-2004, 01:11 AM
Control configuration is stored in two places - joystick axis sensitivity info is held in the conf.ini file (in main game directory - this file also details all graphic and sound settings applied by setup.exe and through the in-game config) while key bindings are held in the settings.ini file (in Users\~pilot name~ directory).

The game reads the conf.ini file when it starts up - it doesn't obtain the information from anywhere else.

If you are looking at a file that doesn't represent settings you see in the game, you are most likely not looking at the right one.

Edit - http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif