PDA

View Full Version : Over Flanders Field- anyone?

Hawgdog
04-26-2006, 09:09 AM
Worth a look until we get olegs engine version of a dubya dubya wun F-sim?

I've never had any, repeat ANY of the CF stuff, is it bug riddled crapware?

thanks

NekoReaperman
04-26-2006, 09:13 AM
not willing to dirty my computer with CFS3, as appealing the idea of an online WW1 sim is

vocatx
04-26-2006, 09:21 AM
I rather enjoy short stints in an Albatross or Se-5 from time to time. If you already have a set of CFS 3 coasters, or you can get them fairly cheap, you will find it to be an enjoyable diversion. It isn't as good as what we have here, but it is fun. I just wish I could figure out how to fly OFF on-line...

Hawgdog
04-26-2006, 10:20 AM
Oh, yeah. I'm NOT after CFS3, but AFTER the WWI addon, Over Flanders field, looks fun, but...I've been tricked before (RedBaron 3D)

Waldo.Pepper
04-26-2006, 10:52 AM
For what it is (and who how it was developed) OFF is kind of impressive. But as for satisfying my lust for a WW1 flight sim, it just didn't do it for me.

vocatx
04-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Hawgdog, OFF uses some of the programming from CFS3, so in order to run OFF you must first have CFS3 installed. Check out the following links if you are interested.

http://off.oldbrowndog.net/

http://www.polovski.com/OFF.htm

http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=148

Troll2k
04-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Once you have OFF installed it can stand on its own and you can delete cfs3.

OFF copies some of the cfs3 files to its own directory.

In my opinion I think they did this to keep the download to a reasonable size.As it is now it is close to 600 megs.

I find the online play a lot of fun.

You have available free for all dog fights or you can have a team dog fight.You will have a winner based either on a timed game or a kills count game.It is set by the host.

You also have missions.These are like coop except you can respawn if you are killed provided there are some available planes left to fly.

Lion_13
04-26-2006, 11:59 AM
I bought CFS3 and FB about the same time. FB stayed on my PC and CFS3 went on the book shelf.

Thanks to Over Flanders Fields, CFS3 is no longer collecting dusk on the book shelf.

OFF is a great for those of us who miss Red Baron.

Hawgdog
04-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Troll2k:
I find the online play a lot of fun.

You have available free for all dog fights or you can have a team dog fight.You will have a winner based either on a timed game or a kills count game.It is set by the host.

You also have missions.These are like coop except you can respawn if you are killed provided there are some available planes left to fly.

Now THIS is what I was after.
Where do you find the online DF's?
A hyperlobby type thing, or like the online setup in COD, you start the game, and look for servers that way?

thanks for the links too

panther3485
04-26-2006, 12:57 PM
I've had CFS3 for a while but only played it occasionally.

Since downloading and installing OFF, however, it's taken on a new lease of life. OFF isn't too bad, IMHO. Worth a look, at least!

Best regards,
panther3485