PDA

View Full Version : Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher's Bay PC Demo Problems

octibon
08-29-2005, 03:53 PM
I've been trying to download a working copy of the Butcher's Bay demo for PC, but they never install. Right when I go through the initial extraction of files, it then brings me to "PHANTASY STAR ONLINE: BLUE BURST SETUP." I've tried installing from there but it still only installs PSO:BB. So far, I'd say I downloaded it from 6 or 7 different sites more than 10 times (including VUgames, and riddickgame.com). Can anyone help me find a working demo? I even asked VU Tech support and they just gave me a link to the VU site with the demo that doesn't work. Is this just my computer? Help would be appreciated. ThanksThanks

octibon
08-29-2005, 03:53 PM
I've been trying to download a working copy of the Butcher's Bay demo for PC, but they never install. Right when I go through the initial extraction of files, it then brings me to "PHANTASY STAR ONLINE: BLUE BURST SETUP." I've tried installing from there but it still only installs PSO:BB. So far, I'd say I downloaded it from 6 or 7 different sites more than 10 times (including VUgames, and riddickgame.com). Can anyone help me find a working demo? I even asked VU Tech support and they just gave me a link to the VU site with the demo that doesn't work. Is this just my computer? Help would be appreciated. ThanksThanks

Da_shoota
08-29-2005, 04:16 PM
I think this is something on the computer side. Do you know what kind of installer is the file? Is it like an installshield or a winzip self-extractor file? I think that the installer is calling up the wrong files for the demo installation.

Have you tried downloading from 3dgamers.com? (http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/chroniclesriddick/riddick_demo_en.exe.html)

octibon
08-29-2005, 04:40 PM
The installer is like install shield. And I have tried downloading from 3D Gamers (twice). I've been trying to search for other people who have had this problem but I couldn't find any. I'm wondering if it is just me.