PDA

View Full Version : How about a "Bail out to AA Position" option at airfield?

Mysticpuma2003
05-23-2006, 01:35 AM
Just sitting here passing the time and thinking about the amount of times I get viulched at airfields. You know, those times you respawn and here the Flak going off.

How about as you sit in the cockpit of your plane you have the option to "Bail out to AA Position".

So your canopy pops, your player runs to the AA position and then you man the gun and try and take down the vulching plane, and save your fellow pilots as they land/ take-off.

After the E/A is dead or flies off, you could then hit refly or "bail to aircraft" which would then put you back in your plane to head off into the action.

Just passing the time of day, but thought the concept would be interesting.

Cheers, MP.

IIJG69_Kartofe
05-23-2006, 02:09 AM
Te option already exist and is called "Bail to BF1942". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HotelBushranger
05-23-2006, 03:23 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Mysticpuma2003
05-23-2006, 05:52 AM
hmmmmmmm....maybe with Bob:SoW we could have "bail to 1940!"

Thought the concept was too good to be taken seriously...the Ubizoo never fails to live up to it's reputation http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Any more for any more?

Foo.bar
05-23-2006, 06:03 AM
Oleg mentioned before that he would consider to make several ground objects and vehicles mannable - when time for programming allows it.

for me it would be a great thing if i could take place on a AA or a vehicle.

but: i don't want SoWBoB to be just a BF2 clone.

Vorondil-1986
05-23-2006, 07:36 AM
I think that would be a nice idea. One of the fun parts of Battlefield 1942 is that you can control several different types of vehicles, and that gives a very varied gaming. I do however long for some realism in it, it doesn't feel right when the planes have a turn radius of like 5 meters. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

If this feature can be implemented so that it does not take focus from the fact that this is a flight simulator, and that it is done in a really good way, then I welcome it.

Different AA cannons should be somewhat easy to make controlable, since they do not need any "cockpits" like tanks and cars.

HayateAce
05-23-2006, 01:28 PM
The pilot should be fully functional once out of the cockpit, as in Call Of Duty. Be great to belly in at an enemy airfield and abscond with an enemy a/c.

Archer_F4U
05-23-2006, 05:50 PM
IMO the only non-aircraft related position needed in a flight sim, if any, is the airfield's AA defense. I think it would make sense that you either click a "Man AA Gun" button, or go to the aircraft selection page and select "Anti-Aircraft Gun." Hopefully this means it could be a server-side option. Once you hit fly, a zoomed in map of the airfield with the AA positions marked on it appears and you click the position you want to man (similar interface as choosing an airbase).

LEXX_Luthor
05-23-2006, 06:16 PM
2003::
...head off into the action.
Or, bail out of teh Dogfight and fly airfield defense instead, and save your fellow pilots as they land/ take-off.

MB80
05-23-2006, 06:31 PM
I don't want to see BF1942 or CoD stuff in maybe the best next flight sim, these ea titles are arcade games. arcade = more action, less simulation
Before you could man an enemy AA Gun, the enemy soldiers there will take you to prison or simply kill such a freak.

Useable AA on the friendly AF would be OK. But there it wouldn't be nice that a pilot has to man the guns. I could stand the option that you can leave to menu, after you've spotted some enemys above the af, and choose AA-Gunner there, maybe also the AAGun Type and also maybe the position of the gun. But all this is just an opinion, we all don't know at the moment what type of action will be at the af.. mechanics, pilots, chiefs, AA teams?

Mysticpuma2003
05-24-2006, 04:29 AM
Yes my intention here was literally to only man AA around the airfield.

An option like this would only be available at the airfield and nowhere else.

It's just that the AA is usually firing in the general area of an attacking E/A, but I just thought that when planes are being vulched on T/O and Landing, the option to save your fellow pilots would be a nice immersive option.

Again though, only at the airfield!

Arm_slinger
05-24-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm not sure I like the idea of mannable flak. They would be fighter pilots, not gunners...

If the alarms go off I reckon they would be more set in getting their aircraft off of the ground to do some harm and to avoid having bombs dropped on them.

If we are to have mannable, then pleasem dont make it stupid. A lewis or Bren gun would be best option, not a great big bofors a pilot is not familiar with.

As good as it sounds, this idea could also bugger up the feel of the game.

If we are going to have ground interaction, I would like the ability to run to our aircraft and get belted up in them and such like.

wayno7777
05-24-2006, 09:20 PM
And being a BOB sim, I hope after a scramble, you can land and refuel and rearm to get back up there....

MB80
05-24-2006, 10:04 PM
I've got another simply idea.. because pilots are not AA gunners... If Oleg and his team really create 3D Pilots who can walk around, there should be pillboxes, trenches maybe with sand bags for protection near the airfield. So if the AF is vulched by fighters, or bombs are falling down, you can save the life of your pilot if you want.. jump off the plane with the running engine and run to these points. This would be very interesting in mp games if you have only a short number of pilots and more aircraft to use.
IF your plane is destroyed or damaged during this attack, you leave the protection and you take another one at the AF which isn't damaged.

rnzoli
05-25-2006, 01:45 AM
a nice workaround already exists and quite useful:

Bail out, select a TB-3 or He-111, spawn, jump to gunner position and shoot the cr/\p out from the vulchers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I did this once, it was great fun, especially when it dawned on them, that I am not even trying to take off, so either they go away out of gun range, or they will be dead after the next pass, ... or the next pass... or the next pass.