PDA

View Full Version : What was up with Ezio's face in the E3 trailer???

KrYpToNiC95
06-07-2011, 12:29 AM
I was loving the video then it was one of those wtf moments but not In a bad way where I was shocked at how much his face changed. Anyone else know why it has changed drastically??

ThaWhistle
06-07-2011, 12:43 AM
i blame the fact it was CG, and not game play.

Assassin_M
06-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by KrYpToNiC95:
I was loving the video then it was one of those wtf moments but not In a bad way where I was shocked at how much his face changed. Anyone else know why it has changed drastically??
Perhaps, AGE ??????

Big-Boss_777
06-07-2011, 01:55 AM
OMG LMFAO http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

I thought you were joking.... When you age your facial appearance tends to change ..... TADA!

Turkiye96
06-07-2011, 01:55 AM
i really didnt like how he looked... im hoping that was just because of the CG

simonjako
06-07-2011, 02:16 AM
He looked awesome! Way better than his old saggy face in-game.!=P

AlphaAltair
06-07-2011, 02:35 AM
I thought he looked like his other cgi appearances, I was more http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif though at how he looked in the gameplay footage, even taking the aging into he looks like a totally different person to me.

itsamea-mario
06-07-2011, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Big-Boss_777:
OMG LMFAO http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

I thought you were joking.... When you age your facial appearance tends to change ..... TADA!

It's been less than 4 years since we saw his face last, it don't change that much that quickly, div.

Besides i think it may just be the cgi trailer, he looked different in the AC2/B cgi's.
But the actual gameplay face, meh looks alright.
Though i think the voice needs to be a little more 'gruff', he's a great voice actor, i'm sure he can make a little more effort to sound old.

thedeadman_47
06-07-2011, 03:00 AM
he shaved his pony tail

Thug-U
06-07-2011, 04:42 AM
In the E3 gameplay demo Ezio doesn't look like himself at all. First of all he has lost his tan and has become really pale. He also doesn't resemble Desmond and Alta´r at all anymore and that sucks. I hope it's just a prototype for his in-game model, and that it will be fixed in time for the game's release.

Link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh0nRRFLJ5k

persiateddy95
06-07-2011, 04:57 AM
It's a CGI, obviously he looks different. In some games characters in these seem to look worse.

Grafferu
06-07-2011, 05:04 AM
It happened to the Prince during the SOT trilogy/quadrilogy, and now it happens to Ezio too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

LaCava1
06-07-2011, 05:21 AM
Guys, he's old, he has a beard. He WILL look different than he was when he was 17.
I like it. It makes Ezio seem "wiser", I guess.
And there's probably also a reason that he is paler than he was. He's been practically living under his hood, I don't suppose he would get a lot of sun, right?

kosmoscreed
06-07-2011, 07:02 AM
It's not only the face, the scar in the lips it's missing from the cg video, the scars it's on the cd artwork in the other hand.

phil.llllll
06-07-2011, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by kosmoscreed:
It's not only the face, the scar in the lips it's missing from the cg video, the scars it's on the cd artwork in the other hand.

No it's not. It's definitely there - you can see some hair is missing where the scar is.

simonjako
06-07-2011, 07:12 AM
Im sad he doesnt look like the cgi trailer in-game!

sassinscreed
06-07-2011, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by KrYpToNiC95:

it would be strange if his face has not changed he is older now

samward
06-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KrYpToNiC95:
Perhaps, AGE ?????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif hahahah stole the words right out of my mouth!

itsamea-mario
06-07-2011, 09:18 AM
I do think he looks a little like Al mualim.

iN3krO
06-07-2011, 09:32 AM
which year is the finish of AcB and the start of AcR? I think they don't match, i mean, it wasn't that much time to ezio's face change so much -.-''

Assassin_M
06-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Get a Pic of Ezio and compare it with the CGI, he looks the same, Just, OMG dare I say ?, OLDER, Harier, Colder, Paler, A FULL FLEDGED BADASS

kosmoscreed
06-07-2011, 09:42 AM
oh please, it's cleary very different, you don't lose the scar on the lips as years pass you by, it's a lazy job by the guys doing the CG video.

They made the scar very light in the CG video, even if the head it's smaller in the comparison pic.

http://i.imgur.com/JCkaR.jpg

Assassin_M
06-07-2011, 10:04 AM
oh please, it's cleary very different, you don't lose the scar on the lips as years pass you by, it's a lazy job by the guys doing the CG video.

They made the scar very light in the CG video, even if the head it's smaller in the comparison pic.

http://i.imgur.com/JCkaR.jpg
so he is DRASTICALLY different because of the Scar ?

McMasterJ
06-07-2011, 10:05 AM
It was probably Mo-capped. Might have something to do with it.

phil.llllll
06-07-2011, 10:06 AM

No it's not. It's just the way the lighting is set up in the shot.

kosmoscreed
06-07-2011, 11:44 AM
For me it is,obviously is my opinion, for me the CG don't have the same "feeling" of Ezio, it's not only the scar, the lightning, or the CG, it's something in the structure of the face, the nose, the lips, even for an old man.

Anyway is my point of view, I'm not trying to convince anyone and this it's only a concept video, nothing to do with how Ezio is going to look in the game.

rileypoole1234
06-07-2011, 01:09 PM
I honestly like how Ezio looks more in the CG trailer than the gameplay. He just looks so noble and cerebral.(don't know how else to call it)

thyevi
06-07-2011, 03:50 PM
It's CG guys. In the CG trailer for prince of persia: the two thrones the prince looks quite different from the ingame prince.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...3N98&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXIFm-b3N98&feature=related)

Same here.

phil.llllll
06-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by thyevi:
It's CG guys. In the CG trailer for prince of persia: the two thrones the prince looks quite different from the ingame prince.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...3N98&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXIFm-b3N98&feature=related)

Of course it does. We're talking about a ten or so thousand poly model vs a million or so one. There's only so much detail they can capture with normal maps.

Assassin8me
06-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Of course Ezio looks diffrent!
He's a LOT older, weaker.
And for those of say hes so pale and diffrent from the demo, guess what? He's been traveling in the snowy mountains and its kinda hard to get a tan there.
He is obviously pale and exhuasted, unlike when he spends his time in sunny Istanbul

Conniving_Eagle
06-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kosmoscreed:

No it's not. It's definitely there - you can see some hair is missing where the scar is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There may be some hair missing, but that's a poor job, because the scar overlaps onto his lip. I didn't see anything, and that CG trailer had frickin life-like graphics, before he arrived at Masyaf I had trouble telling if it was a movie or a video-game. Not to mention I watched in 720p. Also, why is his hair blue? The Ezio has brown hair, his hair should've resembled a similar color to the templar's.

As for the OP, I think he looks really badass, especially in the trailer. I forgot if you're talking about in the trailer or the demo. He was paler in the trailer because it was cloudy and snowing, your skin color often appears different based on the lighting of the environment. For example, some times my forearms are pink, other times they are kind of Etruscan-Caucasian looking(I know most of you won't know what type of color that is).

phil.llllll
06-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by ConnivingEagle:

There may be some hair missing, but that's a poor job, because the scar overlaps onto his lip. I didn't see anything, and that CG trailer had frickin life-like graphics, before he arrived at Masyaf I had trouble telling if it was a movie or a video-game. Not to mention I watched in 720p. Also, why is his hair blue? The Ezio has brown hair, his hair should've resembled a similar color to the templar's.

No offense meant but you should look up on how light reacts with environments. His hair is darkish brown/black there but the diffuse color is blueish because of the sky and surrounding mountains (which is what you're seeing with his hair).

Also his scar is there and completely accurate.

TheMusingMoose
06-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Neither of those pics were rendered in engine.
While this pic isn't the best...
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/6628/eziofaceingame.png

gsosolidk
06-07-2011, 05:01 PM
To be honest, he isn't that different? Look at him with the hood on. He looks exactly how you'd expect. It's only when his hood is off. The reason for this is... his hair. It isn't as brown as it was before, and it isn't a ponytail any longer.

It now actually resembles the hair called "Zulfa". This is also the type of hair recommended by Islam (or very similar to it), and it was also very popular for those generations. That's all. Oh and... He's older http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TheMusingMoose
06-07-2011, 05:09 PM
One thing I thought was funny in the trailer, was when Ezio got shot with the arrow, he just broke it off and kept fighting. You are not going to be doing flips and stuff with an arrowhead in your shoulder

beatledude210
06-07-2011, 05:15 PM
I was thinking the same thing, for the E3 trailer and E3 demo. But E3 is for the companies to hear the people and tweak what people want changed, so hopefully they make him look more like he did. But i LOVE the new graphics they showcased http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

souNdwAve89
06-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
which year is the finish of AcB and the start of AcR? I think they don't match, i mean, it wasn't that much time to ezio's face change so much -.-''

AC:B ended in 1507 and AC:R starts in 1511. I agree that he face changed, but he is old after all.

BK-110
06-07-2011, 05:59 PM
If you ask me, he still looks like himself, only older and the face seems quite a bit more detailed.

Conniving_Eagle
06-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ConnivingEagle:

No offense meant but you should look up on how light reacts with environments. His hair is darkish brown/black there but the diffuse color is blueish because of the sky and surrounding mountains (which is what you're seeing with his hair).

Also his scar is there and completely accurate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should research it... and I will after you explain why Ezio, who's hair is actually a solid, maybe even bright brown had blue hair in the light. When the templar went out into the light with him to put the noose around his neck, you could see that his hair was also brown and looked very different. I think it's just the CG editing. Actually, it's not even blue, it's just a really dark gray. I forgot, he aged http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif You got me there, I won't even bother erasing what I wrote.

Mic_92
06-07-2011, 07:03 PM
The CGI face looked great but the in-game one was a bit weird. Still looks like him a bit but it's kind of weird. I guess it's because of that motion capture thing.

Originally posted by BK-110:
If you ask me, he still looks like himself, only older and the face seems quite a bit more detailed.

Actually, yeah. I think that's exactly what it is.

His CGI face is rendered to look more like the face of a real human being instead of the cartoony one we had in the older games. Now his in-game face looks more detailed. It's going to take a while to get used to it but that's how it is. It's still Ezio, deal with it.

phil.llllll
06-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by ConnivingEagle:
and I will after you explain why Ezio, who's hair is actually a solid, maybe even bright brown had blue hair in the light.

Well that's what I was trying to tell you. It's because the light reflected was blue.

Vey03
06-07-2011, 10:27 PM
I dunno, he looks a totally different person. As people age, they still look like themselves. That pic that was posted with him holding the bomb, he just looks like someone else, with the same voice. Just doesn't feel right.
The voice should be different too.

I wonder if they used some kind of 'aging technology' or 'face proffessionals' (lol, sorry, i'm sure you guys know what i mean) to actually real-life age him, or did they just make him up as they went?

RzaRecta357
06-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Oh god. Go look at the AC2 cinematic please. His face always changes in the CGIs. It's no biggie. He has like a tom cruise jaw goin on in AC2's CGI.

The in game face i'd like to see more of. I'm sure it looks like a weathered out Desmond or Altair.

I'm more ****ed about Desmonds black hoodie.

CRUDFACE
06-07-2011, 11:33 PM
it's not so much the scar or hair that made me think about it, it's the bone structure when compared to the Ezio in brotherhood. But they kind of screwed with him in ACB cause he had his tan back when under the hood for some reaosn, then took it off whenever he pushed his hood back.

And please, if you're going to say that "Well, he's old!" joke people keep playing on everyone here, remember, only four years have gone by. I'm only comparing cinematic to cinematic, not ingame to cinematic. They always look different.

medang
06-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
One thing I thought was funny in the trailer, was when Ezio got shot with the arrow, he just broke it off and kept fighting. You are not going to be doing flips and stuff with an arrowhead in your shoulder
Are you dumb?
The arrow obviously hit his spaulder.

RzaRecta357
06-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
it's not so much the scar or hair that made me think about it, it's the bone structure when compared to the Ezio in brotherhood. But they kind of screwed with him in ACB cause he had his tan back when under the hood for some reaosn, then took it off whenever he pushed his hood back.

And please, if you're going to say that "Well, he's old!" joke people keep playing on everyone here, remember, only four years have gone by. I'm only comparing cinematic to cinematic, not ingame to cinematic. They always look different.

Then you're point is proven and this topic can be gone'd.

Yes his face is different this is VERY clear in the CGI videos. Like I said, he looks like Tom Cruise or something in the AC2 video. I think he even has a freckle or something going on over his lip.

It's just different art for the CGI trailers.

Assassin_M
06-07-2011, 11:51 PM
how about this ? he ages from 1503 till 1507 (SPAIN) but the devs didnt do it becauseit was such a small sequence that they decided to leave him how he was, if we will be comparing then its from 1503 til 1511 not 1507 till 1511 remember Da vinci In AC II ???

CRUDFACE
06-08-2011, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Then you're point is proven and this topic can be gone'd.

Yes his face is different this is VERY clear in the CGI videos. Like I said, he looks like Tom Cruise or something in the AC2 video. I think he even has a freckle or something going on over his lip.

It's just different art for the CGI trailers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, yup, I can live with that then, thanks for the reply.

EzioAssassin51
06-08-2011, 02:59 AM
I love the way he looks in the trailer. He looks awesome. Sure he doesn't look much liek his old self, but only a little bit. He still looks like Ezio! And I agree witht he above poster, the reason he looks so different is because the Devs didn't age him between 1499 (or 1503) and 1511.

As for him looking weird in-game (which I agree with), remember, this is at E3, 5 Months before release. No doubt, they're gonna make him look better and more Ezio-y

tyrce111
06-08-2011, 10:07 AM
One thing I notice most, each time I watch it, are his eyes... when we get a close up headshot, He looks blind in the idea that his pupils are white.

The only thing that does give slight resemblance are his eyes also!
If you pause the video, and gaze deeply into his eyes as if you had known him for 53 years... You start to see the similarities!

beatledude210
06-08-2011, 01:35 PM
The CGI thing doesn't bother me, it's what i saw in the demo. Gameplay, graphics, and everything else just blew me away, it looked so amazing ! However, one thing that bothered me, his face, I mean he doesn't even resemble Desmond anymore! That was the cool how they looked so similar in the previous titles. They should have just gave Ezio a little more grey on his beard and a few more wrinkles instead of rearranging his cheekbones and jaw, and his face looks way longer! He looks nothing like Desmond does in the new Black room teaser trailer. I know this takes place after brotherhood, but in 4 years you wouldn't change that drastically.

iN3krO
06-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Paralyisis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
Are you dumb?
The arrow obviously hit his spaulder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

go and buy new eyeglasses... they got the arrow in a place where the spaulder doesn't protect... go see the trailer again...

DeafAtheist
06-08-2011, 02:46 PM
In Brotherhood Ezio becomes a Master Assassin and leads the Brotherhood. That's quite a weight to put on someone's shoulders. Take a look at a picture of any President of the US taken before he took the oath of office then look at a pic of him after ending his 2nd term. That's only 8 years, but the stress of the office makes them look MUCH older.

So I assume that Ezio deals with a lot of stress being a leader as well as being in his 50's now, but despite his age he still can kick butt.

Sheer-Fury
06-08-2011, 03:47 PM
He's old, it happens. I think he is in his 60s at the this point, and he has seen quite a lot of fights for a a man of that time period. He was a leader, which generates a lot of pressure that affects aging, and he received a lot of battle scars along the way. I have no problem with, I think it just gives him a more rugged, aged look from the Ezio were so use to seeing. An if you think about it, we have not seen his face in a while, considering he always hides underneath his hood.

AdmiralPerry
06-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paralyisis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
Are you dumb?
The arrow obviously hit his spaulder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

go and buy new eyeglasses... they got the arrow in a place where the spaulder doesn't protect... go see the trailer again... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To add on... I was looking at a screenshot from the trailer, and lo and behold, there's blood on his clothes from where the arrow hit. Even if the arrow had hit between the plates (like it did) Ezio could have had something else under it. Obviously, that's not the case.

Also on the aging thing... The poor man's been through a lot in his lifetime, and it's not like he's slowed down much. As other people have said, the pressures of being Grand Master of the Assassin order are probably taking its toll on him somewhat.

Either that, or he sent a decoy to Masyaf. :P I know one of my Assassin recruits could very well be Ezio's physical double... But I doubt it.