PDA

View Full Version : ADF object for Dogfight servers.

Simjock
11-09-2004, 01:18 PM
I've been wondering if it is possible to incorperate an ADF object for the FMB with the intension of useing it in dogfight servers.

In single and coop missions the ADF points to the next waypoint of the mission. In dogfight servers it points to the lower left corner of the map.

I don't want to be rude but I've been asking about this since the release of IL2 without a response from the development team.

I think an ADF object would greatly enhance gameplay on dogfight servers, and encourge more players to rely on their cockpit instrumentaion.

An ADF would be asigned RED, or BLUE and placed at airbases, targets, or rally points. Possibly multiple way points could be placed on a map and cycled with the "next/previous way point" hot keys.

Thank you.

Simjock
11-09-2004, 01:18 PM
I've been wondering if it is possible to incorperate an ADF object for the FMB with the intension of useing it in dogfight servers.

In single and coop missions the ADF points to the next waypoint of the mission. In dogfight servers it points to the lower left corner of the map.

I don't want to be rude but I've been asking about this since the release of IL2 without a response from the development team.

I think an ADF object would greatly enhance gameplay on dogfight servers, and encourge more players to rely on their cockpit instrumentaion.

An ADF would be asigned RED, or BLUE and placed at airbases, targets, or rally points. Possibly multiple way points could be placed on a map and cycled with the "next/previous way point" hot keys.

Thank you.

F16_Sulan
11-09-2004, 01:48 PM
I agree! Have also brought this up once...

Would be nice for coop and singleplay also I think, as an option of course.
And the ability to switch between them, does´nt have to be a fancy radio-stack or anything. Just a list where you´d choose...

TX-EcoDragon
11-10-2004, 06:22 PM
seems worthy of a bump to me. . .

Simjock
11-13-2004, 12:05 AM
I'm going to bump this up in the hopes I hear somthing informative.

Willey
11-13-2004, 06:17 PM
I'd be glad already if it would just point to my home base I took off in DF maps instead of "the corner". Kind of a one and only waypoint set while respawning.

BaldieJr
11-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Oleg said he'd consider targets/ waypoints in DF servers a very long time ago.

jeroen-79
11-14-2004, 11:44 PM
I would like to see such beacons in single/coop too.
Maybe there could be a switch in the difficulty section to select wether the player wants to use beacons-only or beacons-and-waypoints.