PDA

View Full Version : FB - AEP - PF Help!

TequillaJack
02-14-2005, 12:06 AM
Just purchased Pacific fighters and can't get the game started. I installed both as a stand alone and as Forgotten Battles/Ace Expansion Pack and keep receiving the same error message.

"Please insert the correct CD-Rom"

Then I put the proper CD in and get this:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000142). Click on terminate the application."

Getting frustrated. Can anyone Help?!

TequillaJack

TequillaJack
02-14-2005, 12:06 AM
Just purchased Pacific fighters and can't get the game started. I installed both as a stand alone and as Forgotten Battles/Ace Expansion Pack and keep receiving the same error message.

"Please insert the correct CD-Rom"

Then I put the proper CD in and get this:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000142). Click on terminate the application."

Getting frustrated. Can anyone Help?!

TequillaJack

ImpStarDuece
02-14-2005, 12:34 AM
You need to make sure that you have the PF CD " in the drive. Often people have CD1 instead of CD2 in their drive. I know that i used to slip in the wrong FB disk all the time.

Otherwise, try the community help forum. You may have a corrupt install. If the problem keeps cropping up try a re-install.

JunkoIfurita
02-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Even if you have the proper CD in the drive, occasionally people would get that problem, basically a bug in the copy protection .dll - rts.dll.

If changing to CD2 doesn't help, browse the support section of Ubi.com, they have a replacement rts.dll somewhere as a download, which removes the copy protection outright.

That's right, a crack released by the production company http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

----

JunkoIfurita
02-14-2005, 01:40 AM
Go here (http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5170&p_created=1046879520&p_sid=L7Vuw2yh&p_lva=10173&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9ncmlkc29yd D0mcF9yb3dfY250PTExJnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9c2VhcmNoX25 sJnBfcHJvZF9sdmwxPTg4JnBfcHJvZF9sdmwyPTIyNCZwX2Nhd F9sdmwxPSZwX2NhdF9sdmwyPSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=) for the fix.

I was wrong, you'll still need to use your CD2 to play - but this should fix your problem. I never had it myself, just heard of it elsewhere.

----