PDA

View Full Version : Idea for getting new ships????

OlavFalco
05-18-2005, 04:05 AM
Why don't game creators have some kind of "subscription", so every month u pay a couple of pounds, euros whatever and then u get a username and password for a ftp site where u can download new ships every month maybe a on site credit or purchase system where u can "buy" the particular ships you want, all made by the DEV team or 3rd party team with the "tools" to do it, whoever, the company would make a hell lot of money and we would get new content, expansion packs etc are great but you have to wait ages for the things and when they do come along they arent really what you wanted or didnt have "THAT SHIP" that you wanted, seriously i think that could work.

or maybe German daytime T.V has warped my mind.........

I know we all expect all the ships we want in the game already, but when you buy a car you pay for optional extras that customises it to suit you, so maybe we through an idea like this could have our game how we want it (with regards to the floating side of the content) and more money for those already replete bank accounts of ubisoft.

my 2(‚"ö¨uro)Cents

OlavFalco
05-18-2005, 04:05 AM
Why don't game creators have some kind of "subscription", so every month u pay a couple of pounds, euros whatever and then u get a username and password for a ftp site where u can download new ships every month maybe a on site credit or purchase system where u can "buy" the particular ships you want, all made by the DEV team or 3rd party team with the "tools" to do it, whoever, the company would make a hell lot of money and we would get new content, expansion packs etc are great but you have to wait ages for the things and when they do come along they arent really what you wanted or didnt have "THAT SHIP" that you wanted, seriously i think that could work.

or maybe German daytime T.V has warped my mind.........

I know we all expect all the ships we want in the game already, but when you buy a car you pay for optional extras that customises it to suit you, so maybe we through an idea like this could have our game how we want it (with regards to the floating side of the content) and more money for those already replete bank accounts of ubisoft.

my 2(‚"ö¨uro)Cents

jbacon69
05-18-2005, 04:42 PM
Theyd get flamed to the effect of "This should have been in the game to begin with> why should i pay more for it." Sadly they get the same complains over stuff they are already working on.

T.Rex
05-18-2005, 05:16 PM
As I have been messing around with MS Flight Simulator for years, idea sounds awkward (although there are pay- and shareware add-ons too).

JoeCorrado
05-18-2005, 09:27 PM
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">jbacon</span> - "This should have been in the game to begin with&gt; why should i pay more for it."

Really? You and I and we all know that companies do this stuff all of the time. They call it an "expansion pack" -

I'd buy it! LMAO http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif