PDA

View Full Version : I need Help

Vladandic
04-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi guys....

I got the Il-2...it is ok...but i need help
First i must ask about loading time at career....on my comp it is loading about 5-10 min...is this normal ???

And in game evrything is ok, i know how to take of, but when i'm in air first what happens is that my airoplane is rising into the air...on 1000 or 2000 he is till rising up....i push the button "down" ( i do not have yoysick) it qicly falls down, but then he again starts rising up.... it is very unplestant when i want to hit enemy plane, and then after 20 or 10 min of play it is going down, same like up, so what is going on please help ( i use the training mission and i saw that airplane of traing misson is stedy not going up and down ).

Please help....

And what are Radiotors for ???
and pich up and down ???

Please help

Vladic

Vladandic
04-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi guys....

I got the Il-2...it is ok...but i need help
First i must ask about loading time at career....on my comp it is loading about 5-10 min...is this normal ???

And in game evrything is ok, i know how to take of, but when i'm in air first what happens is that my airoplane is rising into the air...on 1000 or 2000 he is till rising up....i push the button "down" ( i do not have yoysick) it qicly falls down, but then he again starts rising up.... it is very unplestant when i want to hit enemy plane, and then after 20 or 10 min of play it is going down, same like up, so what is going on please help ( i use the training mission and i saw that airplane of traing misson is stedy not going up and down ).

Please help....

And what are Radiotors for ???
and pich up and down ???

Please help

Vladic

x6BL_Brando
04-02-2007, 01:51 PM
"..loading time at career....on my comp it is loading about 5-10 min...is this normal ???"

It entirely depends on your PC's ability but 5-10 minutes is slow.

"..i know how to take of, but when i'm in air first what happens is that my airoplane is rising into the air...on 1000 or 2000 he is till rising up....i push the button "down" ( i do not have yoysick)"

Buy a joystick. The game is almost impossible to play using only the keyboard - especially for a beginner.

..it qicly falls down, but then he again starts rising up.."

Once again, buy a joystick. Even a cheap stick will open up the possibilities of flight control in a way that the keyboard never can.

"..i use the training mission and i saw that airplane of traing misson is stedy not going up and down.."

They are using a joystick.

B

smokestack1947
04-02-2007, 04:03 PM
speaking of joysticks. i purchased a saitek st290 pro, and about half the time the throttle does not work on the joystick. i can go back into the "controls" section and reset it, but to no avail. any help would be GREATLY appreciated. thx guys

Lurch1962
04-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Smokestack,
Reminds me of the problem I had with my brand-new CH Throttle... one of the hat positions was intermittent. In spite of voiding the warranty (I didn't want to wait the potential number of days or weeks to have it sent back for repair), I opened it up and found a bad solder connection on the PC board to which the wire harness was attached inside the handle. A dab of solder and it's been fine ever since.

You or someone else with a little electronics knowledge could trace back from the throttle potentiometer to see if there's an intermittent connection due to breakage of a wire or a bad/loose connection somewhere.

Or if still under warranty, send it back for repair...

--Lurch--

Skycat_2
04-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Using the keyboard instead of a joystick is imprecise, and you won't get the smooth, subtle control that you will with a joystick.

The plane keeps rising because you aren't trimming it for its speed and altitude. Find the key combination that trims the elevators up or down; this will fine tune the 'balance' of the plane, assuming that the plane you are flying has elevator trim available to it.

Radiators do what they do on cars: use airflow to cool the engine. Some planes have cowl flaps, or flaps around the engine that open to allow the airflow. If you open the radiators the engine won't overheat as quickly; an overheated engine will seize up or fail, and that's not good. Open radiators cause drag, however, so your plane won't be able to fly as fast when the radiator or cowl flaps are open.

As I recall, the dive brakes are a 'user defined' control. You'll have to choose an unused key.

Vladandic
04-03-2007, 05:45 AM
thanks guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

i will try that, when i come home http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

thanks very much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Vladandic
04-03-2007, 05:46 AM
oh, one more thing, what are Pich Up and P. down....

MaxMhz
04-03-2007, 06:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smokestack1947:
speaking of joysticks. i purchased a saitek st290 pro, and about half the time the throttle does not work on the joystick. i can go back into the "controls" section and reset it, but to no avail. any help would be GREATLY appreciated. thx guys </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Problem is problem I guess, even if it's a bit of a thread hijack http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

First try this (preferrably on the ground and not in a jet...
Move the throttle full power then back to zero.
Then try flying.

This should auto-calibrate any Saitek, any axis.

If that does not fix it, visit the Saitek official support forums - They give very good and fast support. The link should be in your Saitek folder under start - programs.

Hope this helps,

MaX

To the original 'problem' poster:

Sorry for the little hijack;
The guys are right - get a joystick.
Preferably one with throttle and twist' for rudder. Saitek have a large range of excellent sticks and HOTAS (stick + seperate throttle). A HOTAS is more expensive, but you will love it in IL-2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
The up/down motion is normal, you probably have too much power (throttle); lower it when you dive, and increase when you ascend should level out the plane. It's correct and the way planes fly.

Yellow_Sub
04-03-2007, 07:38 AM
About your plane going up all the time read this:
http://home.columbus.rr.com/zach/sim_stuff/il2/il2_cem.html#Trim
About Prop pitch up & down read this:
http://home.columbus.rr.com/zach/sim_stuff/il2/il2_cem.html#Prop_Pitch

smokestack1947
04-03-2007, 03:24 PM
i'll try the re-calibrate thing max suggested 1st. if that doesn't work, i'll try lurch's idea (have a good friend that's an electronics tech). if both of those fail (i hope not), guess i'll return it and try again. again, thx to lurch and max. also, ne ideas why i cannot get any external views? tried everything, but to no avail. again, thx guys