PDA

View Full Version : Races: Do them right or don't do them

Piflik
11-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Maybe I am just frustrated right now, but anyway...

The races in AC:B are stupid...I restarted the one in the second tier thief quests about 100 times before I go it right...

If you want to put races in the AC games, you need a better control scheme...I know...it is easy enough that a halfway intelligent chimpanzee can beat the game no problem, but it lacks precision. For example its it impossible to run full speed without automatically jumping at every little obstacle...

Secondly (and maybe even more important), don't riddle the course with crossbowmen that shoot me on sight...

OtterGreenhat
11-20-2010, 11:05 AM
That race was a pain in the, yes. But it was so much more satisfying when you did it right because of how tricky it is.

It's very easy to beat it at 50% synch, but tough as nails for 100%. They wanted to make full synch hard and I don't blame them. It's their version of "Hard Mode".

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Also, you have assassins. Use 'em. I got the 100% by calling my assassins on the first guard and then just running the course. Also, during the races, sometimes you have to think outside the box a little. The most "direct" path isn't always the most "direct" path if you know what I mean.

Piflik
11-20-2010, 12:11 PM
I didn't have a great sense of accomplishment after beating it...I was just extremely frustrated while doing it and glad I was done with it...and you know what...that I call bad game design...a sequence that I don't want to ever do again after beating it doesn't belong in a game.

I don't mind difficult sections, I like to have a challenge...I beat Demon Souls and play it again from time to time, because it is hell of a fun...and every death in that game is my fault...but some sections in this game are just frustrating, like this race or some of the numerous 'do not get detected' sections...

OtterGreenhat
11-20-2010, 12:16 PM
The do not get detected sections are a snap if you understand how the game's sneaking mechanic works. Just don't be out in the open, don't move too quickly, and don't walk around swinging a sword around like a maniac.

I think you might just be doing it wrong.

Piflik
11-20-2010, 12:45 PM
I know how to sneak (although there is no real sneaking mechanism in that game...you can't even distract a guard...), but getting detected by the guard that is currently being assassinated is simply broken...try doing an air assassination in such a mission and you'll see what I mean...I am currently replaying the mission where I have to infiltrate the Castello in Section 8...getting in there undetected is a requirement for 100% sync...and the library is just impossible...there are three guards in there, one on the lower lvl, two on the balcony...I cannot kill the ones on the balcony with a crossbow because of the of the railing...now, I can kill one of them no problem, although his patrol is about two meters long and right next to the only spot where you can climb the balcony, but the other guard turns around right then, no matter how silent I kill him...he gets suspicious and detects me, even if I get a wall between me and him in the meantime...or another guard in that same mission saw me through a ceiling...he detected me when I was trying to climb, and I dropped immediately...I was standing beneath him with about 2 meters of ceiling between us, but his suspicion continued to climb until he 'detected' me..

But that discussion doesn't really belong in this threat...I just wanted to add another point to the frustrating stuff in my last post...

SynysterSnyper
11-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Use your arrow storm from your assassins

Piflik
11-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Inside I don't have their assistance.