PDA

View Full Version : J2M5

Levon1981
10-22-2005, 01:37 PM
I read that the J2M5 may be included in the game somwhere at the end of this year in an add-on. Although there is no clear info weather it will be flyable or only AI, I can say thay I really love that plane, it's the best Raiden ever reached serial production, it was far better than the J2M3( which was a mid alt interceptor: the max speed of 580 km/h was reached only at 6800m). The J2M5 had a new engine with a 3-stage supercharger and reached it's max speed (615km/h) on about 9000 m and was a real threat for B-29s. Some J2M5s carried new type 5 30 mm cannons (considered the best serial 30 mm aircraft cannons of the WW2), I realy hope that this plane will be available( with an optional use of type 5s) as flyable in the game soon. Does anyone have any images of its 3D model? (if there is one now), or what else do you know about it?

Levon1981
10-22-2005, 01:37 PM
I read that the J2M5 may be included in the game somwhere at the end of this year in an add-on. Although there is no clear info weather it will be flyable or only AI, I can say thay I really love that plane, it's the best Raiden ever reached serial production, it was far better than the J2M3( which was a mid alt interceptor: the max speed of 580 km/h was reached only at 6800m). The J2M5 had a new engine with a 3-stage supercharger and reached it's max speed (615km/h) on about 9000 m and was a real threat for B-29s. Some J2M5s carried new type 5 30 mm cannons (considered the best serial 30 mm aircraft cannons of the WW2), I realy hope that this plane will be available( with an optional use of type 5s) as flyable in the game soon. Does anyone have any images of its 3D model? (if there is one now), or what else do you know about it?