PDA

View Full Version : A few "how" questions...

mangaroca1981
12-30-2007, 06:46 AM
Hi all,

Anyone who can help, please answer the questions below:

1) Is it possible to set TrackIR 4 PRO in a 3DOF (degree of freedom) mode? If yes, how or where to read about it/download a profile?

2) Is there a guide or tutorial on how to modify the config.ini file to improve visibility (and I don't mean only "LandGeom=3"), object appearance distances and other graphics issues? Wher can I find one?

3) While flying at high altitudes I have noticed objects on the ground appear in a certain distance from my plane (I believe it's a square). Can this area be enlarged/extended? How?

4) Some objects like bailed out pilots or crashed airplane debries vanish after certain ammount of time. Can this time be extended? How?

5) The shadows of all the planes are simplified. Can they be more complex to better resemble their original shapes? How can it, if at all, be achieved?

6) After bailing out, landing and waiting long enough for my pilot to vanish (see point 4), the mouse switches to a different mode while in F2 view. It is no longer centered on anything so You can "move around" with it like in a first person perspective game. Can this kind of mouse bahaviour be achieved without having to bail out, land and wait? If yes, how?

7) Can the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen in Il-2 series - SLOVAKIA become one of the Quick Mission Builder default sceneries (perhaps by copying the scenery files to the QMB folder)? How?

8) How probable is it that the Maddox Il-2 Editing Tools will be released to the public after all Il-2 related work is finishd?

I'd be most grateful for answering these questions. I hope I didn't enrage anyone... ;P

Thanks!

Zeus-cat
12-30-2007, 10:17 AM
1) No idea as I don't have Track IR

2) No

3) No

4) No

5) No

6) No

7) No

8) Unknown, but the map editing software is in Russian and very difficult to use. The rest of the software could be the same. It might happen, butI wouldn't hold my breath as there is little reason for Oleg and 1C to do so.

Skycat_2
12-30-2007, 12:51 PM
"I lay traps for troubadors who get killed before they reach Bombay."

han freak solo
12-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by mangaroca1981:

7) Can the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen in Il-2 series - SLOVAKIA become one of the Quick Mission Builder default sceneries (perhaps by copying the scenery files to the QMB folder)? How?

I'm waiting for the full release of 4.09. I'm glad that you and others are giving the beta a try.

I'm hoping that Slovakia and other new maps will be accessible with the next easiest thing to QMB, which in my opinion is Mission Mate by Crazy Schmidt.

Check it out and give it a try. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=8