PDA

View Full Version : QMB

gt4031414
11-10-2004, 03:20 AM
I have a few excellent saved Quick missions and wondered whether it is possible to open QMB files with the FMB software. I would be grateful for a yes or no on this and if yes - HOW?

Cloyd
11-10-2004, 03:45 AM
I haven't tested this in PF yet, but if it works like IL2/FB/AEP, you can just do the following:

There is a relatively easy way to edit QMB missions. All mission information is saved in the track file in a simple text format. (Note: this is only true if the track is saved in the IL2 format with the .trk extension, _NOT_ in the FB format with the .ntrk extension.)

-Create a QMB mission, start the mission, run for a second or 2, quit the mission, save the track as QMB.trk (or any other name you like), quit FB.
-Open the QMB.trk file in Notepad.
-Scroll near the bottom to find the following line:
[$$$record]
-Delete that line and everything the follows it.
-Save the file somwhere in you missions folder as QMB.mis (Remember to change File Type from "txt" to "all" in the Notepad "save as" dialog box.)
-Create an empty file in Notepad, save as QMB.properties to the same location as QMB.mis
-Start FB, open QMB.mis in the FMB, edit as you like.

Cloyd

Appleby93
11-10-2004, 03:56 AM
That sounds like a really good idea. I can't wait to here of the results.

gt4031414
11-10-2004, 04:00 AM
Wow! Thanks a lot for that Cloyd - I'll give it a bash today.

Most grateful

gt4031414
11-10-2004, 04:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cloyd:
I haven't tested this in PF yet, but if it works like IL2/FB/AEP, you can just do the following:

There is a relatively easy way to edit QMB missions. All mission information is saved in the track file in a simple text format. (Note: this is only true if the track is saved in the IL2 format with the .trk extension, _NOT_ in the FB format with the .ntrk extension.)

-Create a QMB mission, start the mission, run for a second or 2, quit the mission, save the track as QMB.trk (or any other name you like), quit FB.
-Open the QMB.trk file in Notepad.
-Scroll near the bottom to find the following line:
[$$$record]
-Delete that line and everything the follows it.
-Save the file somwhere in you missions folder as QMB.mis (Remember to change File Type from "txt" to "all" in the Notepad "save as" dialog box.)
-Create an empty file in Notepad, save as QMB.properties to the same location as QMB.mis
-Start FB, open QMB.mis in the FMB, edit as you like.

Cloyd <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bingo! It works a treat with PF - one learns something new everyday. Many thanks.