PDA

View Full Version : Too Fast or Too Slow, Annoying!

tjbyrum1
05-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Note: By walking, I might also mean horse-riding.

One of the things that bugged me most (but still, AC is a good series) in AC II and mostly in Brotherhood was the fact that out characters did one of two things:

1) Either walked FASTER than our target(s)
2) Or walked SLOWER than our target(s)

Now look, I know it doesn't SEEM like a big deal, and I know 'this isn't Red Dead Redemption', but it bugs me.

I hate following someone, but Ezio walks to fast so eventually you have to stop and wait for them, or turn around, or turn in circles until they catch up, whatever. Other times, you'll walk to slow, and often you have to dash forward to catch up again, only to slow down later on again.

Most notably, you can find these out in any mission where you have to follow someone on foot (minus Parkour) around. However, the most infamous moment for me is when you're following someone on horseback - like when you followed Micholetto around to get costumes. GOD I hated it when you were running full speed to keep up with him, then he halts, and you fly towards him and fail because you were detected (happened one time, other times I got dangerously close).

This is annoying and very displeasing to me. In Red Dead, which I know this isn't Red Dead, you could hold down the A button and your horse would go the same speed as your companion, that you way you wouldn't fly forwards or slow down to much.

See what I mean?

Tuna...no.crust
05-27-2011, 12:36 PM
I Play on PS3, and i've learned that you can control how fast you walk/run by how far out you push the analog stick. Might help, unless you're playing on the PC or using a keyboard.

Evan52395
05-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Yeah I found this really annoying as well. It can be controlled with the analog stick but we shouldn't have to because that also gets annoying.

reini03
05-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Evan52395:
Yeah I found this really annoying as well. It can be controlled with the analog stick but we shouldn't have to because that also gets annoying.

Having to control the speed through the analog stick gets annoying...? I don't get your point. How else would you do it? Lol.

iN3krO
05-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evan52395:

Having to control the speed through the analog stick gets annoying...? I don't get your point. How else would you do it? Lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Normal walk should be normal NPC walk, foot-button walk should be 30% faster, high profile and run should stay the same...

Evan52395
05-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evan52395:

Having to control the speed through the analog stick gets annoying...? I don't get your point. How else would you do it? Lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Normal walk should be normal NPC walk, foot-button walk should be 30% faster, high profile and run should stay the same... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
^That. Or maybe a button to hold similar to RDR that makes you move at the same pace.

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Evan52395:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:

Normal walk should be normal NPC walk, foot-button walk should be 30% faster, high profile and run should stay the same... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
^That. Or maybe a button to hold similar to RDR that makes you move at the same pace. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure how they will implement the new zipline feature button without removing the already used buttoms in AcB.... Implementing a new button would make it suck a lot (i play on keyboard and i have to use 17 buttons...)