PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else having problems with the Parafrags

Osirisx9
11-27-2004, 07:55 AM
Before I bug Oleg about this I would like to know if anyone else had this preoblem. The Paras seem to not be working in the 3.02b. I drop them and nothing happens. I tried to ram them with the b-25 and nothing happend. They float to the ground and nothing happens. I followed the instal instructions exactly. I;m runnung the merged version on my machine.

RAF238thOsiris

VW-IceFire
11-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Oleg mentioned something had been changed with them but I didn't exactly understand what he was saying.

SkyChimp
11-27-2004, 02:09 PM
Are you sure they aren't working? They don't make fiery explosions on the ground like regular bombs do. But if you fly too low and drop them, your destroy your own plane. Take a closer looker. I think they are working.

pourshot
11-27-2004, 02:12 PM
I did a quick test for you, the parafrags do work but the exposion is very small you wont see any result unless you hit some thing that explodes. I just droped them over a town in the QMB and the ones that hit buildings worked just fine

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~andycarroll68/parafrag%20test.jpg

thefarb2
11-27-2004, 02:12 PM
try the timing on the bombs, add delay or take away delay and see what happens.

jurinko
11-27-2004, 02:13 PM
yes the explosion is just dust when hitting ground only and do not create a crater but they can easily wipe out the car column

VF-29_Sandman
11-27-2004, 11:13 PM
oleg said the 'frag's were set to instantaneous fusing. aka, contact fuses. but if u were to try to drop them in the water, they wont explode on water contact. they will over land tho. havent tried the bomb delay since 3.02b; might as well try it again. before this patch, u could set the delay to zero and the bombs would blow in mid-air.

Tater-SW-
11-28-2004, 12:36 AM
They work fine now. They don't have a large visible explosion unless they hit some object (tree, revetment, plane, etc). They make just a puff on the ground, but they still do damage. The eye candy part is up for grabs. the air-bursts were unrealistic, and the visual effect was overdone.

Try this---make a mission in FMB with a bunch of planes taking off. Place your player plane as lead plane. Have a formation or two of B-25s or A-20s fly over and drop frags on your flight. Watch what happens. Use bombers, BTW, so you have loads of crew. A little puff will go off nearby, and you'll see leaks, and crew dead/wounded from fragments.

Parafrags were not nukes, they were 23 pound bombs that dispersed ~1200-1800 fragments designed to hole aircraft and people. The goal was unservisable planes, only total destruction if you shacked one with it. The 5th AF used to fly dozens of B-25s in line abreast to frag fields. Not a few, sometimes ~100+ bombers to get the desired effect.

http://members.spinn.net/~merrick/Stuff/fragattack.jpg

tater