PDA

View Full Version : no manual

hurricane33000
05-31-2006, 02:42 PM
I just purchesed the DVD version (The complete edition) of IL2+FB+AEP+PF but did not recieve a manual just the card for controls,etc.
Is there a manual for this edition,or is it basically the same as IL2and Pf etc.
I already have the cd 's of IL2+FB+AEP+PF plus all the patches (except the PE-2 addon) installed,new missions ,skins etc.and am basicaly going to use the DVD version as a backup if I have one of my many puter crashes.That way I don't have to reinstall everything one at a time.
So is there a maual and if so is there anything different that I should know?
Also will my addon missions and skins work with the DVD version?
Sorry this is so long but I wanted to cover as much as possible. One more thing ,do I have to have the PE2 addon installed for any future addons or patches? Thanks for being patent and reading thru all this.

hurricane33000
05-31-2006, 02:42 PM
I just purchesed the DVD version (The complete edition) of IL2+FB+AEP+PF but did not recieve a manual just the card for controls,etc.
Is there a manual for this edition,or is it basically the same as IL2and Pf etc.
I already have the cd 's of IL2+FB+AEP+PF plus all the patches (except the PE-2 addon) installed,new missions ,skins etc.and am basicaly going to use the DVD version as a backup if I have one of my many puter crashes.That way I don't have to reinstall everything one at a time.
So is there a maual and if so is there anything different that I should know?
Also will my addon missions and skins work with the DVD version?
Sorry this is so long but I wanted to cover as much as possible. One more thing ,do I have to have the PE2 addon installed for any future addons or patches? Thanks for being patent and reading thru all this.

justflyin
05-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Look in your main install folder. There should be a "manual.pdf" file. I'd reckon the only difference would be the installation process for the DVD version, as it should not have any different game content than what we are currently flying as V4.04.

justflyin
05-31-2006, 03:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hurricane33000:
One more thing ,do I have to have the PE2 addon installed for any future addons or patches? Thanks for being patent and reading thru all this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the two upcoming add-ons each require the previous add-on to be installed. PE-2 V4.05 being the first of the three.

WTE_Galway
05-31-2006, 06:10 PM
There is a copy of the pacific fighters manual in PDF format on the CD.

There is also a text file with critical information about supercharger and mixture altitudes for various aircraft when using CEM.

Unfortunately the FB manuals (which were better) were not included but you already have those. There is also a very good pdf about the different in game aircraft types on the original FB CD.

hurricane33000
05-31-2006, 07:58 PM
ok guys you answered my question,but I'am still slightly confused(so what else is new).I put the dvd version in just to see any difference.Theres none that I can tell.all my missions and skins are there just like my oridinal installation.The install part of the opening screen is not highlighted but when I hit start it's just like my oridginal installion.I can use either the DVD or CD ,but other than the very first time when I put the DVD in and it ran ,now I have to shut down all backround programs for the DVD to run ,but the CD runs without doing that.Of course I shut down backround programs normaly to run any game.I do think there's more maps nowin the FMB ,I counted a total of 71or so.
So I guess there both the sameand every thing on the Cd installation is kept on the DVD and I guesss the install isn't highlighted cause I alread have the Cd vesion installed.Is that right?
Also if I install an addon will it be in the other?Sorry for the length but I have many questions and am sure to have more.

FoolTrottel
06-01-2006, 12:02 AM
When using the Autorun of either CD or DVD to start the game, that disk just starts the game on the harddisk. Where you've installed it before, using the 5 CD-set.

No other CD/DVD disk-contents are being used at the time of game startup, apart from the Autorun and copy-protection.

Installing an addon will add it to the installed game on the harddisk.
That's why you see no difference between using the CD or DVD when starting the game!

(5CD-set and DVD contents are basically the same, the only difference is the DVD already being patched up to 4.04m, so installation is much easier!)

Have Fun!

hurricane33000
06-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Thanks for your reply,I guess I upset some people and other's did'nt unstand why I started a new thread.It won't happen again.I just hope I don't get banned from the forum.Old Cannuck seems like he wishes I'd shut up and go away,but I think I have some legetimate questions,and was afraid no one would notice my last post.Sorry again,I'l try and post as little as possible.

kajr
06-01-2006, 04:50 PM
C'mon Hurricane, lighten UP dude! No one here is that mean and nasty. We all think you're a great guy! Some people just have off days... Please, post as much as you want. I'm with ya man...!

hurricane33000
06-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Thanks kajr that made me feel better

kajr
06-01-2006, 05:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hurricane33000:
Thanks kajr that made me feel better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, we're all in the same boat here.... err... plane here. Dang that doesn't sound right.

We're all playing the same game here!

Yeah! That's the ticket. Relax and live life a little. Or go fly a plane. Any plane, pick a plane.