PDA

View Full Version : compass bearing stays on

fi-bluedragon
10-22-2004, 08:41 AM
I just installed Pacific Fighters and it seems pretty good. I did the install over FB + AEP but have found a strange thing happening. Maybe I have not read the new manual, but I used to run FB with no speed bar etc in the bottom left corner, but now there is no speed bar but it shows the compass bearing. Is this a bug or an addition to the new game which I need to turn off somewhere. Can anyone help, cheers.

fi-bluedragon
10-22-2004, 08:41 AM
I just installed Pacific Fighters and it seems pretty good. I did the install over FB + AEP but have found a strange thing happening. Maybe I have not read the new manual, but I used to run FB with no speed bar etc in the bottom left corner, but now there is no speed bar but it shows the compass bearing. Is this a bug or an addition to the new game which I need to turn off somewhere. Can anyone help, cheers.

VW-IceFire
10-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Oleg asked the community a while ago and I think the majority decision was to keep the compass bearing on. Namely because the compass is hidden in some planes behind things that so that you can't see it.

That'd be what I suspect was why it was changed. Not sure if you can toggle on/off or not...

fi-bluedragon
10-22-2004, 09:11 AM
OK, thanks for that.

weasel75
10-22-2004, 10:20 AM
You can turn it off completely. Just use the keys assigned for speedbar.
..... at least, that is what I observed.....

For navigation over water its better to be *very* accurate when reading out the gauges. The cockpit-compass can sometimes be hard to see, but even when you see it, its not very easy to read (depending on screen-resolution, etc).

actionhank1786
10-22-2004, 10:37 AM
I think it's Alt+B?
That's what it was for me