PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions?

Conafam
01-14-2005, 05:45 AM
1) What effect does locking the tailwhell have? I lock it but notice little difference. Does it help with take offs/landings? Also, when should I lock or unlock it?
2)As gunners for carriers etc can be rendered in 3D, is it then possible to kill them, so that you could have a situation where you have killed all the AA gunners of a carrier and it is then just a sitting duck waiting to be sunk?

Cheers, thats all.

Conafam
01-14-2005, 05:45 AM
1) What effect does locking the tailwhell have? I lock it but notice little difference. Does it help with take offs/landings? Also, when should I lock or unlock it?
2)As gunners for carriers etc can be rendered in 3D, is it then possible to kill them, so that you could have a situation where you have killed all the AA gunners of a carrier and it is then just a sitting duck waiting to be sunk?

Cheers, thats all.

Von_Zero
01-14-2005, 06:04 AM
1. it reduces the torque the engine is producing. You should lock it before takeoff and unlock it when taxiing.

horseback
01-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Actually, it reduces the effect of engine torque. Leaving the tailwheel unlocked makes it a little harder to keep your aircraft in the middle of the runway ontakeoff.

AFAIK, the guns themselves have to be destroyed. The dead and wounded gunners would be replaced by your next pass, as in RL.

cheers

horseback

F4U_Flyer
01-14-2005, 10:37 PM
It's main function that i have found is it's use as a brake lock. If you lock it and give full rudder in any direction it will lock just one brake and allow turnarounds even on a wind swept carrier! It's not easy but it works! I havent noticed any real effect on takeoff or landin but it gives better taxiing control. Hope this helps!