PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Mode

Noddy1968
05-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Hi , Ive revisited the game after afew years , my question is when i do a refit just the fuel is added no ammo ??? Is this correct .On the realistic ,ode ive started on mission to Marshall Islands , done three patrole and refitted at Midway and went back and patrooled in Marshal Island area with no contact whatsoever , eill the conrtact situation in the earlier parts of the war and on realistic mode be less than in later parts , would appreciate some advice . Thanks

Yooperbacker
05-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Hello Noddy1968,

Welcome to the SH4 Forum.

What version of SH4 are you using?

SH4 or SH4 with U-boat missions.

Noddy1968
05-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Hi
Im using currently version one , no updates as yet , should i go to version 1.4 or the subs one .

Yooperbacker
05-30-2010, 12:35 PM
You should update to the 1.4 patch. The 1.4 patch contains all the previous patches so you only have to install 1.4.

You can get information about that here. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2881085392/m/1901093545)

The U-boat missions is an add on you have to buy and that takes you to version 1.5.

To tell what version you have, look in the bottom right corner when you are at the main menu. Check this after you update to make sure it says 1.4.

WernherVonTrapp
05-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Also, just FYI, I never find anything to sink in the Marshalls either. Once the Star with the Flag (or the Star with the Binoculars) is grayed-out, you can go anywhere to sink your required tonnage. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

kikanjuu
05-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Noddy1968:
Hi , Ive revisited the game after afew years , my question is when i do a refit just the fuel is added no ammo ??? Is this correct .On the realistic ,ode ive started on mission to Marshall Islands , done three patrole and refitted at Midway and went back and patrooled in Marshal Island area with no contact whatsoever , eill the conrtact situation in the earlier parts of the war and on realistic mode be less than in later parts , would appreciate some advice . Thanks

I am disappointed to see that refitting does not fix my damaged hull.

Hizack78
05-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Nope it wouldn't make sense to be able to refit anywhere you go in the fact of repairs to the hull.

For that you'd need to return to port and be docked for quite a time while they fix it in drydock. It makes sense though that you can aquire ammunition and fuel from almost any harbour as they'd stock it all.

Magic452
05-30-2010, 10:49 PM
The Marshalls are kind of dead at all times, wouldn't spend too much time there.
Early war don't do too many refits just delays your getting a new boat.

Best bet is to ask for a transfer to Fremantal or something in that area. More action early war.

With any real hull damage you should go to home port and get it repaired asap.

You most definably need to patch to 1.4, better yet 1.5 U boat missions. $10.00 it's worth it.

Magic