PDA

View Full Version : Now i had this strange sound myself (Scapa Flow)

Celeon999
05-21-2005, 07:47 AM
What the hell is this sound ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

As many others already reported there is a very strange sound in the Scapa Flow single mission.

I tried to sneak into Scapa Flow at night and run into one of those **** subnets. After i managed turning the boat around there was this incredible loud sound.

It sounds like a huge phaser cannon from Star Trek or something is firing. And its loud as hell! With my 5.1 speakers it was pure nightmare http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Has someone already discovered whats causing this **** sound ???

S VIIC_41
05-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Yeah, I've gotten it in the career a couple of times.

I described it as a cross between a roar and a futuristic laser rifle of some form before myself so that's got to be the same time.

It was discovered to be a distorted playing of the noise for a collision with a sub net.

It seems that it may be playing several times or something, but it definitely is that.

Go into your data/sound folder (I think that's it) and there's a file called collision_antisubmarinenet_ext.wav or something like that.

U-49
05-21-2005, 08:18 AM
posted by Celeon999:

As many others already reported there is a very strange sound in the Scapa Flow single mission. It sounds like a huge phaser cannon I experienced this for the first time a few days ago. I had loaded a career save near Scapa Flow and was greeted with and incredible loud, ongoing and obnoxious screeching sound. My ears were ringing for a while after that, ack.

Celeon999
05-21-2005, 09:12 AM
hmm .. Ive never noticed this in career mode.

Maybe i was never close enough to a sub net in my careers to notice it.

I thought it had been fixed with 1.3 but it seems like i was wrong with that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Lets hope the devs fix this nasty bug with 1.4 its just terrible and my ears are ringing too .

Imagine you play SH3 with Headphones and this happens. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

snowdawg1
05-21-2005, 11:02 AM
I have heard this sound in career mode too. I thought it's more like the sound the air tanks should make when you use Blow ballast.

S VIIC_41
05-21-2005, 02:29 PM
I thought it's more like the sound the air tanks should make when you use Blow ballast.

Then that's definitely yet another seperate bug.

This is a different sound... a VERY UNNERVING UNNATURAL sound <_<... scraping... roaring... zapping... very odd.

Col_Tibbetts
05-21-2005, 03:47 PM
I dont think I have had such a scare since I was a child!!

There I was, in my basement around 01:00 am silently creeping into Scapa Flow. I hadn't heard a sound louder than my electic engines in over 20 minutes as I strained to hear if any destoyer noises were in the distance. All while the tension was building since I knew if I were caught I would never get out alive.

Then suddenly out of nowhere, like a demon crashing through my floor straight from hell, the horrible, fingernails scraping down a chalkboard, sound pierced my eardrums! I leapt 10 feet and my heart was racing like it was about to leap out of my chest. I took me almost a minute to realize what was happening a turn off my speakers.

I thought the worst was over until I discovered that my wife had been awakened by this hell spawned noise. Her wrath was worse my freinds!

It is a good thing that I do not have a heart condition. That expereince definately would have done me in!

plenten
05-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by U-49:I experienced this for the first time a few days ago. I had loaded career save near Scapa Flow and was greeted with and incredible loud, ongoing and obnoxious screeching sound. My ears were ringing for a while after that, ack.

I had it too, a couple of times, when I loaded a career save, just after "initialising", than it's gone.

S VIIC_41
05-21-2005, 04:55 PM
I dont think I have had such a scare since I was a child!!

Oh yeah... after just reading that line I can tell that you definitely heard what I heard...

It is a good thing that I do not have a heart condition. That expereince definately would have done me in!

Me too...